Rams INK Connor Barwin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
All FA signings have been high quality people. He may be the best of them. Part of culture change. And he can play.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Awesome!!!! Thats another piece we dont have to worry about this year!

giphy.gif

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder what our depth chart looks like right now. It'd be cool to see which positions we still need. Idk positions enough to know who fits where. I know Quinn is probably not a DE anymore.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Just got home great news!!!! Time to drink and boogie! Yessss!
1zvv1bb.gif

I wonder if McVay and Barwin took a bike ride before closing the deal. Song of the day should be bicycle race.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got home great news!!!! Time to drink and boogie! Yessss!
1zvv1bb.gif

I wonder if McVay and Barwin took a bike ride before closing the deal. Song of the day should be bicycle race.

Any gif with JCVD is good with me.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty stoked like everyone that Barwin is going to be wearing the Horns and playing in Wades defense..

Can somebody CHEER me up though about why KROMER didn't convince the Rams to offer a contract to RYAN GROY that made it less likely they would match it. :(

Was Kromer on the fence about Groy and knew he was only a one year stop gap that had no long term starting potential? The amount and structure of the offer sure made it appear that way. :banghead:

Good thing Barwin signed or I would have been absent from the board for at least a week sulking.

615_Eye_Week11A_24_111114.gif

615_Eye_Week11A_17_111114.gif

Barwin-Gif-2.gif

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Awesome! We have a guy who can start opposite Quinn. Barwin is a perfect compliment to Quinn's freakish athleticism. Let's hope that they stay healthy.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Barwin - Donald - Brockers - Easley - Quinn

That is a whole lot of rush power on that line.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Barwin - Donald - Brockers - Easley - Quinn

That is a whole lot of rush power on that line.
And not bad players against the rushing game either. Now we need a back up NT for Brockers. We have Trinca-Pasat and Westbrooks for the 5 tech's. But no other NT.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
YES. wish it was 2 years but oh well good pickup

Connor seems like such a bro :ROFLMAO: :cheers:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/16/rams-land-connor-barwin/

Rams land Connor Barwin
Posted by Josh Alper on March 16, 2017

603983800-e1489703737923.jpg
Getty Images

Connor Barwin is going to play for Wade Phillips again.

The Rams announced on Thursday that they have signed Barwin. They did not announce the terms of the deal, but Adam Caplan of ESPN reports it is a one-year deal with a maximum value of $6.5 million.

Barwin moved to defensive end from outside linebacker last season and had 34 tackles and five sacks while starting every game. The Eagles released him earlier this month and he should be making the move back to his old position in Phillips’ 3-4 defense.

Barwin also played for the Rams’ new defensive coordinator when he was working for the Texans and had 11.5 sacks coming off the edge for Houston in 2011. The Rams would love to see that kind of production off the edge in 2017 as they try to make their second year in Los Angeles a more successful one than the first.