Rams Hurting: Matthew Stafford Has More Arm Pain

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah okay, the guys been to the Final Four in 2 of the last 3 years. Not sure what you're watching.
Take it easy. Just a little disagreement everything will be ok.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I am usually a believer that injuries are usually worse than reported. However I can't imagine he would
be making the throws in practice if he was seriously injured.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
There is no way in hell Stafford's gonna miss a Thursday Night season opener vs the favored AFC contender. He'd have to be missing his effin arm.

Damn right.

A shootout against Allen in the season opener.

images.jpeg

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Stafford just needs more rest because of the long season. He will be fine when it matters

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn right.

A shootout against Allen in the season opener.
It sure looks like a remarkable matchup doesn't it. Our defense is going to be crucial to what this team looks like I think, because the offense is certainly going to be better. And right out the gate needing to contain Allen... What a litmus test that is for a first game.

I don't think McVay has lost an opening game yet as Rams coach. This one is going to be good. :fire1:

dang

Legend
Garoppolo is not a backup. He is a starter-worthy NFL Quarterback. The only way I would bring him in is if Stafford was forced to have elbow surgery (God forbid) and miss the Season. Then I'd be happy to have him.
So let’s poll it into perspective. Who would rather have G-string as starter? Who would rather have Goff as starter?

BrooklynRam

Rookie
So let’s poll it into perspective. Who would rather have G-string as starter? Who would rather have Goff as starter?
I will say this. If they decided to give Matthew Stafford surgery today and he was going to be out for the year I'd rather have Garoppolo be our quarterback than Goff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It’s all moot… Stafford by all accounts had an excellent day, said his arm felt good and is on schedule and rather than coach speak, McVay was talking about the ball jumping out of Stafford’s hand…

I think they’re managing this… Stafford’s never had to play that extra 4 weeks including the Super Bowl bye week of practice and the extra wear and tear showed up.

With all this experience, after we repeat, I expect them to shut him down for longer to really let his arm rest whether he gets cortisone or better yet, stem cell therapy and then bring him along toward the end of camp… 5 months is plenty of rest