Rams Hurting: Matthew Stafford Has More Arm Pain

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
As do I. We're fans, that's what we do. We aren't privy to medical reports, conversations with the players, etc. If you're not concerned at least a bit, well, maybe you're psychic or have an inside line to the team. Congrats on that.

:laugh4:
I don’t think anyone here is entirely unconcerned or thinks this is “nothing.”

Many of us, though, believe that there are some who are jumping the gun and overreacting, notwithstanding the things actually being said by the team and the practice highlights posted online.

And don’t even get me started on the bloggers and other media commentators. :dizzy:

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
oh boy. hope Mcvay has a plan for non Stafford games that will succeed with our backups. repeating is hard to do anymore in this leauge. go rams.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
big time gamblers want the rams' SB odds to drop so they can cash in bigger next febbywary. just like how the stock market works. that's why those people have all the money, they make the rules on how to obtain it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
On my way to work, I heard L.A. Morning Radio personalities speaking as if Wolfy will be starting QB for the season opener. I expected to check in and see that there was new news on Stafford, so thankful that it seems like more smoke than anything else at this point......Whew.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There is no way in hell Stafford's gonna miss a Thursday Night season opener vs the favored AFC contender. He'd have to be missing his effin arm.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
No way Stafford will not start in the season opener. All this elbow talk is click bait. watching him at camp he has no trouble throwing the ball and doesn't look a bit bothered or looks like he's favoring it.

If he's that hurt why is he throwing bombs to atwell, Kupp and Robinson? He doesn;t need to take 50 snaps every day. Wolford does.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No way Stafford will not start in the season opener. All this elbow talk is click bait. watching him at camp he has no trouble throwing the ball and doesn't look a bit bothered or looks like he's favoring it.

If he's that hurt why is he throwing bombs to atwell, Kupp and Robinson? He doesn;t need to take 50 snaps every day. Wolford does.
I agree, 100%.

He hasn’t been “shut down” completely.. so that’s crazy talk.

But I do wonder how this goes.. will it remain the same? If he takes a hit to the elbow.. will that make it worse?

We’ll see

MachS

Hall of Fame
I agree, 100%.

He hasn’t been “shut down” completely.. so that’s crazy talk.

But I do wonder how this goes.. will it remain the same? If he takes a hit to the elbow.. will that make it worse?

We’ll see
He'll tough it out and play through elbow pain all year if he has to. He's a tough fucker who played with a broken back. But if he doesn't sort out this elbow issue we dont have a chance to repeat IMO.

Managing reps and not feeling slight pain is one thing in structured practice. But when the games start and winning is what matters, your instincts take over. If he has to move in the pocket and rip a throw 40 yards on a line with a defender bearing down on him he will just react and try to make the play. That's where he will aggravate it. The only way tendonitis really heals is by fully shutting down and resting which is what I think he should do until week 1. Otherwise I think this is an inevitable lingering issue which will make him less than his best self.

He may be a tough SOB but he and his body are 34 1/2 years old, not 24. Matt has some wear and tear from his time in Detroit. The ol' body doesn't respond like it did 10-12 years ago.

Tano

Legend
Thought you guys might get a laugh out of this ...

The Office No GIF

BrooklynRam

Rookie
Garoppolo is not a backup. He is a starter-worthy NFL Quarterback. The only way I would bring him in is if Stafford was forced to have elbow surgery (God forbid) and miss the Season. Then I'd be happy to have him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm expecting Stafford to be playing. He's going through arm soreness and/or fatigue. I don't think that is unusual for quarterbacks in training camp. Its probably a little more than usual so they have to taper his throwing back. On a worry scale from one to ten I'm around a 3. I'm not totally disregarding it but I'm fairly confident it won't keep him from playing and hinder his throws during a game.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Well this issue was there last season. On top of that Stafford had his longest season ever. 17 regular season games, then 4 playoff games. That's 5 more games than he usually plays in. Shortened off season because of the Super Bowl. He will need to take it easy till the regular season starts.