Rams Hurting: Matthew Stafford Has More Arm Pain

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is one of the reasons I really hoped we might offer a 5th to the Browns to trade for Mayfield (as long as the Browns picked up his contract, like they did for Panthers). He's a legit starter and if we need to sit Stafford for some regular season games, he's at least capable. I'm not so sold on The Wolf being as capable.
I would think OBJ provided McVay plenty intel on Mayfield. If Mayfield struggled throwing the ball with an outstanding running game, he may not be the type of QB McVay feels can excel in his O.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I totally get why people are concerned though.
As do I. We're fans, that's what we do. We aren't privy to medical reports, conversations with the players, etc. If you're not concerned at least a bit, well, maybe you're psychic or have an inside line to the team. Congrats on that.

He got knocked down by the football.
:laugh4:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
if there is the slightest bit of worry by the Rams that Stafford's arm is a serious problem, they would be beyond stupid to allow him to throw a pass like that at all. By all accounts he has been spot on. Zipping the ball all over. So I am not worried at this time and the latest story is more to do about nothing.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Saw a couple of angles on the bomb to Atwell, nice catch kind of over the outside shoulder, he went and got it.

LT saying he was running passed all the DBs consistently.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Impossible. Ian fucking Rappaport said his ARM FELL OFF!!!

LNArV2D7UkMd.gif

MachS

Hall of Fame
Saw a couple of angles on the bomb to Atwell, nice catch kind of over the outside shoulder, he went and got it.

LT saying he was running passed all the DBs consistently.
Yea the Twitter angle doesn't do it justice. On NFLN they were out in Irvine and that TV angle was ridiculous how clean he tracked that ball. Perfect throw too but man it's great to see Tutu start flashing. This is what we wanted to see last year. With no DJax those deep targets will be available.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You mean he had pain after first time throwing in MONTHS?? Oh, what a surprise. You ever lift weights after not doing so for awhile?
I would think their training staff does a better job preparing him than a 16 yr old working out at home.

It is concerning and I guarantee you McSnead is concerned.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I think Stafford’s “bad tendentious” as was reported is concerning.

I sensed an issue last year when Stafford started throwing pics. He just didn’t look right at times.

I’m guessing it’s an injury we weren’t privy to. Stafford is one tough hombre though and he probably thought it would resolve on its own, and didn’t want to make a big deal about it (especially in a contract bonus year).

If anyone can play through the pain, Matthew is the guy. I absolutely appreciate him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So..

McVay;

“It’s a little bit abnormal for a quarterback, some of this stuff is things that MLB pitchers deal with, so it is something that we’re kind of learning about on the fly and his feedback,”

Like I said, I’m not overly concerned, but it’s not nothing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yea the Twitter angle doesn't do it justice. On NFLN they were out in Irvine and that TV angle was ridiculous how clean he tracked that ball. Perfect throw too but man it's great to see Tutu start flashing. This is what we wanted to see last year. With no DJax those deep targets will be available.
It's a big deal to have him showing out this year. As if I'm not already excited enough to see these dudes defend their title. :trophy:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

That first blog is pure garbage.