Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Being loved by and a 'father figure' to your players doesn't make you a good coach. These are adults. They need a coach, not a camp counselor.

In three years, hindsight may make this move out to be a mistake, but right now, there's no way anyone could truly justify keeping Fisher.

Kind of like the Martz firing... in hindsight, he was the best head coach the Rams have had in seventeen years, but at the time the situation was too toxic and untenable to keep him around.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anyone actually care about whether or not he is going to the games again?

Not in the slightest.

But he helped expedite the firing of a hc that was damaging the team more with every day he remained.

I applaud him in a job well done.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Being loved by and a 'father figure' to your players doesn't make you a good coach. These are adults. They need a coach, not a camp counselor.

In three years, hindsight may make this move out to be a mistake, but right now, there's no way anyone could truly justify keeping Fisher.

Kind of like the Martz firing... in hindsight, he was the best head coach the Rams have had in seventeen years, but at the time the situation was too toxic and untenable to keep him around.

I don't see this being a mistake even if looked back upon with hindsight. Fisher was taking this team no where. He was given an unprecedented amount of time to make this team a playoff contender and did could only make them average at best.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think anyone made the argument that it does.
Just posting the player reactions just like I did when Spagnuolo was released.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. Let me know how you feel if you become a successful partner in a firm and then get tossed aside for failure to perform. You'll be okay if you made a lot of money up to that point - that's true - but you know it would suck ass and you'd feel like crap. I know this is rather commonplace in the NFL. I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying it's (to me) crappy to celebrate it. Celebrating a change in direction and hope for a new future - sure. That's totally understandable. Celebrating someone losing their job and ridiculing his time here - that's just stupid.

At 58 years old after having made $35 million over the previous 5 years, feel free to push me aside. I'll go enjoy retirement. Especially if I'm hurting the firm.

Fisher is a grown ass man. He chose this profession. He knows the life of a head coach. This is part of why he gets paid what he does. He'll be fine. I feel no guilt celebrating his firing. He was compensated very well so people like me could celebrate him being let go publicly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At 58 years old after having made $35 million over the previous 5 years, feel free to push me aside. I'll go enjoy retirement. Especially if I'm hurting the firm.

Fisher is a grown ass man. He chose this profession. He knows the life of a head coach. This is part of why he gets paid what he does. He'll be fine. I feel no guilt celebrating his firing. He was compensated very well so people like me could celebrate him being let go publicly.
Whatever, dude.

Throw a party. I guess all of the players who are expressing remorse for their failures and their remorse for losing their head coach should just shut the fuck up and remember how much money he made. They're clearly not prioritizing life as well as you.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Whatever, dude.

Throw a party. I guess all of the players who are expressing remorse for their failures and their remorse for losing their head coach should just shut the freak up and remember how much money he made. They're clearly not prioritizing life as well as you.

Way to make it personal X...

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
That's not even close to personal.

You're headed that way. Jrry didn't say anything about telling the players to "shut the fuck up" about the firing, that was all you. They are allowed to show regret and remorse about what happened, just like we are allowed to celebrate the move.