Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Lots of turmoil right now. However, it'll pass. We'll finish at 5-11 this year.

And next year, there will be a winning record for our Rams.
9-7 or better.
I can't wait!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I just wonder what this team is going to look like on Thursday. Is it going to be the same boring offense or do they start to air it out, even though this is a short week.
I'm sure it'll be a completely new, reformed look.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope Snead gets to stay. Wonder who the interim will be.
I just came Home, and turned on my computer to this Great News!!
Fassel is the New Temp HC! Logical choice considering the ST Coach is involved in all phaises of the game!
I too hope they Keep Snead!!
At the end of Yesterdays game, and during it, I had the feel that Fisher had just lost control of the Team, and nothing was working for him!!
I hope We can keep Williams and most of his staff too!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just saw this. All I can say is it's about time. Please please please get us a coach that can get a team into the playoffs. A bit more discipline and the ability to give his players a sense of urgency to perform at an NFL level!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just came Home, and turned on my computer to this Great News!!
Fassel is the New Temp HC! Logical choice considering the ST Coach is involved in all phaises of the game!
I too hope they Keep Snead!!
At the end of Yesterdays game, and during it, I had the feel that Fisher had just lost control of the Team, and nothing was working for him!!
I hope We can keep Williams and most of his staff too!!

I wouldn't mind getting a new Defensive coordinator in also. Williams has been exposed by two teams now, late in this season. I love Wauffle and Singletary but I am not a fan of the constant blitzing and exposing parts of the defense, that Williams system lends itself to. I liked the defense better before he got there, when the Rams were in the race to lead the league in sacks.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-fisher-this-is-an-organizational-failure/

Rams’ Kevin Demoff on firing Fisher: This is an organizational failure
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 12, 2016

457183030-e1480378249601.jpg
Getty Images

Rams Executive V.P. of Football Operations and COO Kevin Demoff said today that the decision to fire head coach Jeff Fisher doesn’t only reflect on Fisher. It also shows that the team needs a top-to-bottom improvement.

“It’s unfortunate for him today because this is an organizational failure,” Demoff said. “I think when you stand up here, any time you let a coach go, we all have to take a look in the mirror. It’s not just about the head coach and the coaching staff. We have to improve across the board, from personnel to operations to everything.”

Demoff noted that the Rams have lost eight of their last nine games and some of those recent losses were lopsided, including a 42-14 loss to the Falcons yesterday. He said that simply isn’t acceptable.

“We want to make sure games like yesterday don’t happen again,” Demoff said.

What they’ve made sure of today is that Fisher won’t coach a loss like that again. After five losing seasons, he’s done.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Exactly this. I'm stoked at the idea of a new direction. I'm not going to and never have taken personal shots at coaches or employees that were fired. And personally, I find the need troubling.

Maybe I've missed something here, but all I've seen is people saying he made a lot of $$$ and was a losing coach? I've really seen no personal shots. I mean what has been said is a fact. If I were a manager of your place making big $$$, and lost you money for even 2 years.. I'd be fired too no? Again, maybe I missed something and skimmed over them, but most I've seen is his $$$$ and him losing? My apologies if I missed something. I wish the cat the best, but this does happen in business. I'm very happy we'll have a new direction and sure Mr. Fisher will most definitely land on his feet somewhere. Sometimes being fired gives one a chance for a better opportunity. It happened to me back in 1992.

As Whitey Herzog told Jim Hanifan when he was fired... It went something like this.. "I got fired then got offered another job for more money." I'll have to dig up the audio as I have it saved from an old show. :cool:

Regardless, good luck to Mr. Fisher.

Last edited:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Woooooowww.
I have been very "vocal" about my displeasure with Fisher and the same mistakes occurring over and over, game after game... year after year.

Although I wanted this...it DOES suck to lose the guy. He put in countless hours trying to improve the team. He may have been going about it the wrong way, but I honestly feel like he gave it his best. It just wasn't good enough.

That being said, I do have a new excitement regarding the team. It will be interesting to see if there is anything different about these last 3 games. Was Boras being micromanaged? Did players on the team quit?

I also have a bit more faith in the ownership now after reading that statement. Lots of people questioning Stan's committment to winning.... Well, this was a step in the right direction.

Gonna be an interesting off-season.

Go Rams!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It seems as though we may need a detour, The high road is starting to become a traffic jam.
On a more serious note the happiness is in the excitement of a new and refreshing change.
No one is deserving of personal shots. The problem is that line seems to be fuzzy at times. keep it clean yes but by all means this is an admission of failure on the part of our franchise and we are the catalyst so Celebrate. I will say this, in the entertainment industry we see things differently. The NFL is entertainment. The one thing we know is the job will end what we don't know is will it be on my terms (seldom is) and we have all been fired.
Good Luck Jeff
And good luck to my ROD brothers may our direction lead to glory!

Last edited:

MFaulk107

The Realness
You started out so well here. But Fisher didn't run run run and run. We actually pass a lot more then we run.
Right. I stopped watching our games because I literally couldn't take it anymore. I must have run in my mind because that was the last 3 seasons.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Now, we just have to fire just about everyone else, including most of our offensive team, and a couple defensive guys.

Overall, this year has just sucked, and would someone start a fund me, to pay us even with the NFL officials.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I'd like to place on the record of this site at least, that I am thankful for the work Jeff did with the Rams, for his turning around the absolute dreadfulness of the era he inherited and turning us into at least a competitive team (kind of). He's handled the tough fact of just not being good enough in a dignified manner.

I would agree with the first 3 years, but not the last two.....

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I certainly hope Snead will be retained as well. He's been excellent in scouting for talent and moving up or down in the draft.

Yeah Robinson, Goff and Austin have been real winners to date..........