Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yeah and Ogletree, Janoris, Donald, Gurley, Brockers, Tru, Gaines, have all been huge busts....

Except for Janoris and Donald I'd probably agree with you....then again, perhaps you know more about player development than 99% of the sports writers and so called pundits out there....or perhaps you're referring to their sterling win-loss record or better yet, their all pro appearances, etc.....give me a break please......

Here's a prediction and I'm not even an expert.....Goff's a bust......bet on it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
:thinking:I'm not sure that Williams was " exposed" I think he was doing the Best he could considering the "Offense" wasn't giving him any help at all! You can't expect the "D" to win everything for you every week!:cool:
But I agree this "Sack" total thing is disappointing to say the Least! The Rams have averaged 50+ sack a year the last 4 years and this year we have, what, 22 so far!:puke::homercrawl:

I think Peyton completely owned the Williams defense. He had total mastery of it, and any decent team can use the Saints schemes as a pattern for beating it. I believe Belichick was being nice out of respect for Fisher. He probably new he was on his way out, by seasons end. Atlanta's offense looked good against the Rams too.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
So I frequent a message board for the University of Montana football. There is a thread started talking about Fisher being fired, including his son. The reason this is even being discussed is Brandon played for the Griz. Some have commented they would love Fisher to replace their current coach, while others say no way. Personally, it might be a great thing for him if it was ever available. Although their fans are about as crazy as it gets. They thought Brian Kelly was going to coach the Griz.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75793

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So I frequent a message board for the University of Montana football. There is a thread started talking about Fisher being fired, including his son. The reason this is even being discussed is Brandon played for the Griz. Some have commented they would love Fisher to replace their current coach, while others say no way. Personally, it might be a great thing for him if it was ever available. Although their fans are about as crazy as it gets. They thought Brian Kelly was going to coach the Griz.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75793

This is the 1st I'm hearing that his son was let go too. How did I miss that nugget?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think they are assuming he is gone after the season ends. "One plus one" mentality.

OK... so I didn’t miss anything.

I was thinking how difficult it is going to be for Brandon these last 3 weeks being on the sidelines without Pops there with him.

No doubt that he'll be elsewhere next year, but reading their thread made me think that Brandon was let go along with his Dad yesterday.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Though this thread is going nowhere, I keep clicking on it because I LOVE the thread title. :yess:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
OK... so I didn’t miss anything.

I was thinking how difficult it is going to be for Brandon these last 3 weeks being on the sidelines without Pops there with him.

No doubt that he'll be elsewhere next year, but reading their thread made me think that Brandon was let go along with his Dad yesterday.
I said the same thing yesterday. Brandon probably has some real mixed feelings right now. Out of all the remaining coaches he's in the toughest position right now. I feel for him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I called for Fisher's firing enough that I started posting a "Dead Horse Post of the Week".

Pretty sure everyone and plenty of their relatives knew where I stood (and those relatives probably resented knowing, to be quite honest).

That said, there's just no grace is celebrating his demise.

The world's already ugly enough. This doesn't have to be an ugly time.

It's a tough time...a time of transition. And while we know Fisher failed as a Head Coach, we know because we know football is a team and organizational sport that this failure wasn't solely on Fisher any more than it was solely on Keenum or Quinn or Snead or Demoff or Kroenke or some scout or quality control coach know one knows, but the other coaches, the players and their families.

It's not like Demoff could fire half the team mid season and for logistical and somewhat gamesmanship reasons due to likely other HC opportunities likely to open in the coming days, Fisher was fired.

I think we all get that this is ultimately a good thing for the organization. Very few believe he should have been retained. It's pretty much a consensus.

But... it's beyond bad form... it's bad karma to urinate on a man's freshly dug grave. The firing should be the end of it. Ya finish walking the Green Mile, the debt is paid....

Few differed on Fisher as much as I did. Even still, I NEVER doubted that he gave his all...every minute to trying to make this team better... that he totally cared for all of his players, coaches, staff, and organizational staff... that he worked tirelessly... personally... in a heartfelt and real way... to better this franchise. Some things worked. Some things didn't.

And some things... as much as I differed with him... he was just snake bit on. And while I totally hold him responsible (the house still takes your money, even if you're unlucky in a really unlucky way), that's what being an HC is all about.

Plenty of HCs got to the pinnacle being SUPER lucky. You think Dick Vermeil planned that alchemy of the GSOT? You think he planned to be the among the healthiest teams in the league in 1999? You think he planned to have so many balls bounce his way?

I don't mean to absolve Fisher of ANY responsibility. Far from it. One could write a book on what went wrong.

But winning in circumstances that rely on both execution and the alchemy of serendipity, one can get a caricature of the true nature of what winning actually is made of if one ignores the random elements, for one, or ignores the interconnected nature of the team over 60 or 80 iterations over a game and then multiply those over the course of a season. The "Game of Inches" speech from "Any Given Sunday" comes to mind...

Bottom line: He tried. He got some things right. He got some things wrong. Some things went his way. More things didn't go his way. He planned for the future and through his own failures, his coaches' and his player's failures, that won't happen.

I look forward to our future. Unlike Coach Callahan who quit on the Raiders, I NEVER felt Fisher quit on us. I just felt like his time had run its course and it was time to move on. I have nothing, but respect for his tenure AND, he did make the transition very easy on the organization. I think people really underestimate how difficult such a transition is.

At this point, I'm all about looking forward. Fisher is now a former Rams HC. I'm thankful that he helped greatly improve our roster. That's a bonus.

Hey look... maybe there's some pollyanna left in me, yet...

Excelsior ad Astra! (Ever Upward to the Stars!)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its a lost cause trying to explain something to a young man who thinks he knows it all already.

What a load of passive aggressive bullshit. You're not entitled to respect or deference because of your age. Those things are earned.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What a load of passive aggressive bullcrap. You're not entitled to respect or deference because of your age. Those things are earned.
You prove my point Jrry one day if you're lucky enough to make it as old as me you'll think differently. And there was nothing passive about it, you got the message.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You prove my point Jrry one day if you're lucky enough to make it as old as me you'll think differently. And there was nothing passive about it, you got the message.

You didn't reply to my post or mention my name but made it clear that you were taking a personal shot at me. That's passive aggressive. You certainly didn't directly confront me.

I might think differently at your age. It won't make me right. Age doesn't entitle you to respect or deference. It doesn't give you special insight. It simply is age. I don't care who you are or how old you are. My respect for you will be determined by how you treat others and the substance of what you say.

My presumption on this board is that each and every member is entitled to respect. I don't care about age. If I spend time arguing with you, it's because I respect you. If I didn't respect you, I would ignore you. I can vehemently disagree with X, like I did in this thread, and still respect him.

However, one thing I do take issue with is the belief that young people's opinions are less valuable or insightful than older people's opinions. I have seen a few different posters dismiss people's opinions in that manner. It's condescending and disrespectful. Being 50 or 60 years old doesn't make you more intelligent or insightful or knowledgeable than a person who is 30 or 25 or even 18. Don't presume that someone's opinion is less valuable because they're a "young person."

I know of many young people who are incredibly intelligent and insightful. I know of people younger than I who know more about the game than I do. I would defer to their opinions without thinking twice. I know plenty of older people who offer insightful and intelligent opinions. Age is irrelevant to me. I judge people by the substance of what they say and how they act towards others.

Other people may not like my aggressive style of posting. I accept that. When I disagree with you, I'll tell you. If you don't like me for it, that's your right. But I'll continue to respect you and your opinions up until the point you lose my respect. How do you lose my respect? The best way to do it is by choosing to make unprovoked personal attacks rather than discuss football.

Last edited:

Zero

Pro Bowler
Its a lost cause trying to explain something to a young man who thinks he knows it all already.
It's Really rude to talk about people with such a condescending tone.
We are all supposed to be Rams friends here.If he wants to celebrate
the new direction our team is taking then there's nothing wrong with that.

We all should all be happy and excited for the possibilities,but instead
we want to knit pick the opinions and morality of fellow members.
You know we haven't had a lot to cheer or celebrate about this year
or even several years.I am beginning to think some people aren't
happy unless they're pissing on somebody else's parade.

I'm not typing this from no soap box either.I think I will take a look
at how I am responding to other members as well,because if this
is how I'm addressing my my Ram brothers then I need to stop.
Because it's sucking all the fun out of a place that should be enjoyable to
share.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I must admit, that article above had a comment that I busted up laughing at:

Nothing new for Teflon Fisher. He’s coached 22 years with only six winning seasons. When a nuclear explosion rids the world of humanity, there will only be Jeff Fisher organizing a group of 53 cockroaches into a 7-9 insect football team.

No. I'm definitely not wanting to kick Fisher while he's down. But come on. That IS funny.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You didn't reply to my post or mention my name but made it clear that you were taking a personal shot at me. That's passive aggressive. You certainly didn't directly confront me.

I might think differently at your age. It won't make me right. Age doesn't entitle you to respect or deference. It doesn't give you special insight. It simply is age. I don't care who you are or how old you are. My respect for you will be determined by how you treat others and the substance of what you say.

My presumption on this board is that each and every member is entitled to respect. I don't care about age. If I spend time arguing with you, it's because I respect you. If I didn't respect you, I would ignore you. I can vehemently disagree with X, like I did in this thread, and still respect him.

However, one thing I do take issue with is the belief that young people's opinions are less valuable or insightful than older people's opinions. I have seen a few different posters dismiss people's opinions in that manner. It's condescending and disrespectful. Being 50 or 60 years old doesn't make you more intelligent or insightful or knowledgeable than a person who is 30 or 25 or even 18. Don't presume that someone's opinion is less valuable because they're a "young person."

I know of many young people who are incredibly intelligent and insightful. I know of people younger than I who know more about the game than I do. I would defer to their opinions without thinking twice. I know plenty of older people who offer insightful and intelligent opinions. Age is irrelevant to me. I judge people by the substance of what they say and how they act towards others.

Other people may not like my aggressive style of posting. I accept that. When I disagree with you, I'll tell you. If you don't like me for it, that's your right. But I'll continue to respect you and your opinions up until the point you lose my respect. How do you lose my respect? The best way to do it is by choosing to make unprovoked personal attacks rather than discuss football.
What I'm trying impart really isn't meant for this thread but I'll give you one last piece. Guys who try to give more than their football knowledge do so because they care and many of us have been right where you are. Brash young prideful arrogant no willing to take input, think you are always right. Wisdom is gained through years of experience sometimes painful experiences because we were in that season of our lives. Really smart people see that and hear that input and take advantage of it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It's Really rude to talk about people with such a condescending tone.
We are all supposed to be Rams friends here.If he wants to celebrate
the new direction our team is taking then there's nothing wrong with that.

We all should all be happy and excited for the possibilities,but instead
we want to knit pick the opinions and morality of fellow members.
You know we haven't had a lot to cheer or celebrate about this year
or even several years.I am beginning to think some people aren't

I'm not typing this from no soap box either.I think I will take a look
at how I am responding to other members as well,because if this
is how I'm addressing my my Ram brothers then I need to stop.
Because it's sucking all the fun out of a place that should be enjoyable to
share.
Reality

…..

Legend
I am beginning to think some people aren't

So you are at this parade, there is confetti raining down. In tiny letters on each individual piece of confetti the words "right" and "wrong" are written.

If your parade hinges solely on the fact that you are always right, and everyone else is wrong, then you lack the wisdom needed to not miss the point that was made by @blackbart

If you or anyone else was offended by the comment that its difficult to explain ANYTHING to a young man who thinks he knows it all already, then perhaps the world wide web is not the best playground for you. I think some local colleges are holding cry fests to mourn Trump winning the election, maybe you'd be a good fit in that setting.

I have had those exact words used on me in the past. Since my parade is no longer based on always being right, its easy for me to admit that the person who said that was exactly right when he said it.

My father did not teach me many life lessons, but he did share some wisdom with me one day when I was young and brash and knew it all....he told me "Son, you dont have to win every battle"

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you are at this parade, there is confetti raining down. In tiny letters on each individual piece of confetti the words "right" and "wrong" are written.

If your parade hinges solely on the fact that you are always right, and everyone else is wrong, then you lack the wisdom needed to not miss the point that was made by @blackbart

If you or anyone else was offended by the comment that its difficult to explain ANYTHING to a young man who thinks he knows it all already, then perhaps the world wide web is not the best playground for you. I think some local colleges are holding cry fests to mourn Trump winning the election, maybe you'd be a good fit in that setting.

I have had those exact words used on me in the past. Since my parade is no longer based on always being right, its easy for me to admit that the person who said that was exactly right when he said it.

My father did not teach me many life lessons, but he did share some wisdom with me one day when I was young and brash and knew it all....he told me "Son, you dont have to win every battle"

Bravo! I agree wholeheartedly. I am gonna stick my nose in here and I am sure its not wanted so forgive me. I have seen the term aggressive posting style tossed around. To me this has always meant "I am gonna shove my opinion down your throat and make you like it." Kinda code don't you know. And the term respect. Well this to is code. It validates what I am saying as long as I respect you I can say whatever I want to you or I wouldn't even bother. Well hell as long as you respect me just bend me over and shove a 2by4 up my arse. Its OK I know you respect me. What is the worth of one opinion? The loss of 3,4,5? I don't know. I know good riddance right. And interesting question was posed years ago on another board. At what point does a posters start trolling their own board? I always found that interesting. Not that I am calling anyone a troll. I have to much respect for that. See how that word play works. lol As far as the age thing goes yeah I have met as many dumb old people as young the difference is experience there is no substitute for it. Plain and simple. If you are always set on attack it can make conversation oppressive. Of course the way around that is to walk a tightrope with the rules ever swaying just not falling over. Isn't that right?

Zero

Pro Bowler

No people should be able to celebrate without a bunch of whiners telling him how wrong he is
for feeling that way.You see every one here was happy until people started trying to tell other
people how they should feel.So who is always right? the people minding their own business
and enjoying the moment or the people who going out their way to say you shouldn't feel like
this because it's wrong?
You know like this one.
Dog said "I don't think its appropriate to celebrate."
Maybe you know everything.Is that why you think it's necessary to tell people how they should feel.

Bart said:"its a lost cause trying to explain something to a young man who thinks he knows it all already."
Dog said:its difficult to explain ANYTHING to a young man who thinks he knows it all already,

Those aren't the same sentences dog.
You see were all grown ass men here and I am not here to talk down to another man.
Because that would imply disrespect and that I consider myself to be smarter then the
person I am talking to.If Bart was as wise as you think him to be then he would be talking to,
not down at J32.You know kinda like you having a hard time responding to
me without taking shots and assuming you have the first clue as to who I am.
What it all comes down to is that none of this conversation would be happening
if people didn't think of themselves to be so self righteous that they feel the need to push their
morality on to somebody else.When all people wanted to do is celebrate a change.

…..

Legend
No people should be able to celebrate without a bunch of whiners telling him how wrong he is
for feeling that way.You see every one here was happy until people started trying to tell other
people how they should feel.So who is always right? the people minding their own business
and enjoying the moment or the people who going out their way to say you shouldn't feel like
this because it's wrong?
You know like this one.
Dog said "I don't think its appropriate to celebrate."
Maybe you know everything.Is that why you think it's necessary to tell people how they should feel.

Bart said:"its a lost cause trying to explain something to a young man who thinks he knows it all already."
Dog said:its difficult to explain ANYTHING to a young man who thinks he knows it all already,

Those aren't the same sentences dog.
You see were all grown ass men here and I am not here to talk down to another man.
Because that would imply disrespect and that I consider myself to be smarter then the
person I am talking to.If Bart was as wise as you think him to be then he would be talking to,
not down at J32.You know kinda like you having a hard time responding to
me without taking shots and assuming you have the first clue as to who I am.
What it all comes down to is that none of this conversation would be happening
if people didn't think of themselves to be so self righteous that they feel the need to push their
morality on to somebody else.When all people wanted to do is celebrate a change.

So....to you, its okay to completely ignore the wording of the first sentence you quoted "I dont think..." and translate it to mean I think I know everything and portend to tell people how to feel. Yet in the 2nd quote, you'll dissect each word to find the difference and put that difference on blast even though we all know it has the same meaning?

Instead of responding. I'm just gonna say OK buttercup, and dismiss you. I know I know......its condescending to dismiss you in such a way.

Go get your wisdom, push your morality, find your feelings, celebrate the failure of the Rams....whatever it is that gives you passion.

…..

Legend
I am gonna stick my nose in here and I am sure its not wanted so forgive me.

Its okay, I did the same thing lol

Watch out for splinters those 2x4's...and obviously the respect can be returned in kind if they at least use vasoline while they're shoving their point up your ass.