Rams Cuts - Who's Next?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Still wonder why Barnes or Jones weren't put in for at least a game or two at the end of the year when we were already eliminated.
Makes no sense to me either.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Still wonder why Barnes or Jones weren't put in for at least a game or two at the end of the year when we were already eliminated.

Agreed so much. Wells single-handedly killed our momentum after the Bates blocked kick vs. the Giants.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Kirk had Khan.

I have Wells.

WEEEEEEELLLLLLSSSS!!!!!!!!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
This! I know some people think we should dump Long but he's a top grade tackle when healthy. Fisher already said Grob is starting LT so if we can get Long to play guard we might have the left side of the OL already in place and we can focus on C and RT which probably wont require us to reach with our top picks Or spend a bunch of money via FA.

So, by this I guess that Long was never healthy at all last year?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Just look at Fisher's past here in the Lou. He plays veterans and won't give the young guys a chance until someone gets hurt. Players typically finish on the depth chart at the end of the year the same place they started the year. It took forever for Stacy to get his chance, and he lost it when Mason finally got a shot.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks like Wells would rate here as the #1 release here. Not so sure what will happen with the two mentioned veteran often injured OL'ers (Long & Wells). Guess we will soon know about Wells since there is some $$ due him shortly guess its about 1 million due on March 12th here in two weeks. If he gets the $$ it should tell us that Wells will be our starting center this up coming season.

I was wondering if I could come up with some positive stuff here on this Wells subject.

We all know that in the past he has been an all pro center & rated very high in his late 20's. We know that he had a procedure to clean out his knee after he signed his large contract with us. We know he missed his first mini camp due to rehabbing that knee. We know that Wells had issues with that supposed simple scope job & missed all of training camp. We also know that Wells missed most all of his first pre season in 2012 due to that knee. We know that in the first game of the first half Wells broke bones in his foot. We know he went on IR. Wells did come back after missing 9 games to start @ center. That was a real bad start in 2012 from the very beginning as a Ram.

Then in early 2013 we found out that Wells knee scope & very long long rehabbing event in early 2012 carried over into 2013. Wells had the same knee scoped to repaired torn cartilage. So in less than 7 months Wells had 3 surgeries. Wells was able to finish 11 2013 games as starter before breaking his leg & was placed on the IR his 2nd straight season.

Just when we thought things could not go more wrong with Wells we discover that Wells became seriously ill from a life threatening tick bite & following blood infection in late summer of 2014. Wells missed all training camp & pre season. Tim Barnes got all the TC & pre season action as starting center until then. To Wells positive credit he started the regular season. When we saw Wells on the field, he was small & out of shape & his ability to have any kind of impact in the run game was pathetic but Fisher stayed with Wells. In game 8 against KC he dislocated his right elbow. but Wells started the next game. In 2014 Wells completed his first completed season as a Ram. However it was well recognized that Wells performance in 2014 was rated by everyone who rates NFL players as the worse starting center in the NFL.

Wells is already 34 yr old but is it possible that since the Rams are in such dire situation in our OL can the Rams really think that Wells could help this 2015 Ram team? Could this Org really hope Wells could get himself in pre 2011 great physical condition & back strong from that blood virus, where that surgically repaired knee 2x's (2012 & 2013)is now fully healed & the 2012 foot is fully mended, along with the 2014 elbow injury fully mended????

iced

Shocked at all the Pead hate..

still on his rookie contract and was one of this team's best gunners on ST's - and it's not like we have a solidified KR..just PR

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I will weep not a tear if Wells heads down the highway and I don't understand ANY love for Pead...Gunners aren't the hardest guys in the world to replace and a 2nd round choice certainly shouldn't be getting his only playing time there...

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
If you can release the kind of player that DT Kendall Langford is to free up cap space then maybe DE Chris Long can not be out of the realm of reality.
LOL!!!

Since we all know not having Chris Long all those games last season was the best thing for our D.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shocked at all the Pead hate..

still on his rookie contract and was one of this team's best gunners on ST's - and it's not like we have a solidified KR..just PR

Um...no. Watts is a better runner; Reynolds is a better special teams player. Plus you save a fair bit of money with Pead being cut.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say that at all. He whiffed on blocks from pre-season on.

Hold on, you were talking about his health and which i refered to him being "ok" till the KC game (health wise) now your replying with him wiffing tackles. Were kinda jumping around here.

iced

Um...no. Watts is a better runner; Reynolds is a better special teams player. Plus you save a fair bit of money with Pead being cut.

yea gonna have to completely disagree

Pead was also without question our best 3rd down back and the most consistent in Pass pro; and a big part of our coverage unit. You don't throw away guys like that, especially with low cap numbers.

There are a number of players who just plain shouldn't be on this team(Joseph) and/or guys with cap numbers (wells, J.Long) that are much bigger candidates for cuts

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Hold on, you were talking about his health and which i refered to him being "ok" till the KC game (health wise) now your replying with him wiffing tackles. Were kinda jumping around here.

We were talking about his play but I don't think that his health was all of the way back and was probably causing some of his issues as he showed no quickness even before re-injuring his knee.