Rams Cuts - Who's Next?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that the Rams have cut DT Kendall Langford which Ram player (Wells, Long, Pead, etc) do you think will be next? I am guessing Wells.

This offseason should be very interesting for the Rams! I can't wait until Free Agency begins on March 10th!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Hopefully Wells is cut next and Long is restructured to a vet minnimum to be a back up swing tackle.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wells and Long need to go. Very little upside and they'd be taking up valuable roster spots for guys who might have potential.

Their potential now? (on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is high pot).... 2.

V3

Hall of Fame
For the love of all things good and holy, let it be Wells. Long needs to be cut as well but I'd be willing to keep him if he were willing to take vet minimum with incentives.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Hopefully Wells is cut next and Long is restructured to a vet minnimum to be a back up swing tackle.

This! I know some people think we should dump Long but he's a top grade tackle when healthy. Fisher already said Grob is starting LT so if we can get Long to play guard we might have the left side of the OL already in place and we can focus on C and RT which probably wont require us to reach with our top picks Or spend a bunch of money via FA.

MFaulk107

The Realness
This! I know some people think we should dump Long but he's a top grade tackle when healthy. Fisher already said Grob is starting LT so if we can get Long to play guard we might have the left side of the OL already in place and we can focus on C and RT which probably wont require us to reach with our top picks Or spend a bunch of money via FA.
Or we might have the left side in place, until Long is hurt again or let's someone in on Bradford.....:/
Honestly though id throw him in at LG but would still pick up a player that could train behind him and be ready to play, incase Long ends up hurt again which I don't doubt.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
IMO it would be total insanity to enter the season with any of these old, high priced, injury prone players on the roster when there are plenty of good options in fa and draft. Rebuilding this O- line with the future in mind is job one in my mind. If they stick with these players I just don't know what to say. The situation at QB is a different story-way fewer options.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Wells - 95% chance, Pead - 95% chance, and Long - 75% chance cut / 25% chance he restructures. Dunbar and Givens could get cut later this year like Pettis in 2014 but their fates are tied to the draft and free agency.

Bradford not cut - 99.999%!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Or we might have the left side in place, until Long is hurt again or let's someone in on Bradford.....:/
Honestly though id throw him in at LG but would still pick up a player that could train behind him and be ready to play, incase Long ends up hurt again which I don't doubt.

True, that could possibly happen forsure. For some odd reason i just have a gut feeling Long can resurrect his career playing G kinda like Saffold did except he might even make it back to his pro bowl Form. I do agree with you though we should have some depth behind him incase.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
ugh... I hate this part. front office better not fuck this up and whoever replaces Langford better be of equal or better talent.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
For whom the bell tolls?
Wells_Feature_420_310_Oct12.jpg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If you can release the kind of player that DT Kendall Langford is to free up cap space then maybe DE Chris Long can not be out of the realm of reality.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I doubt seriously that C. Long goes...I can't believe they can't replace Pead on STs...How is he still on this team ??? I also don't understand why Wells is still here...J. Long is an enigma to me...Much like Sam, I like him somewhere (G, swing T) if healthy, but what are the chances of that...I really don't know...(J. Long would have to restructure to stay around for me...)...Bottom line I suppose, is that I have no idea...Not an uncommon malady for me...( in football as in life)...

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Scott Wells is the worst starting player in the entire league IMO. I am wondering why he was not the first shoe to drop.