Rams Cuts Begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Please let T-Jax stay on the roster. I have high hopes for him, Skowronek, Jefferson, and Atwell.

I really want them to keep Benny Skow for the future, and I'm ok if they put him on IR right now to do so. I have a soft spot for big, strong WR's that will fight for a ball like they are the third monkey on the plank to Noah's Ark.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, the timing of these cuts can be strategic. I still think they told Duck Hodges to stick around as they may anticipate Perkins getting claimed. So by waiving him earlier they know he is still available if he cleared. So they at least know they have a 3td stringer available who knows the offense.
Maybe - I’m sure that was discussed,but IMO Perkins means a WHOLE heck of a lot more than Meredith at this point,around The NFL.
The Rams with all those DB’s that got a good look at a lot of them.
Those guys could be core special teams guys to have on the practice squad.
I’m looking at this 2021 roster a lot different than most around here. My guess is The Rams might be looking it more in the same way.
The defense has so many moving points.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I really want them to keep Benny Skow for the future, and I'm ok if they put him on IR right now to do so. I have a soft spot for big, strong WR's that will fight for a ball like they are the third monkey on the plank to Noah's Ark.
That's a strange fetish, but I respect it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anchrum got abused and exposed the last two preseason games, mainly vs 2nd stringers. Noteboom has value as a backup but the others will be massive liabilities.

I can’t honestly say what other teams have in backups, but ours - as we saw in preseason - are particularly worse than other seasons. This based on reviewing each snap from each lineman multiple times. The tape don’t lie.

WELL I CALL BS!!! That’s alright though. Just hope we don’t find out anytime soon.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams may be one of many teams looking for Oline help after final cuts are made.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams may be one of many teams looking for Oline help after final cuts are made.
There is always that chance,but the practice squad is where it is at imo.
Your saying Bobby Evans gets cut?
How many offensive lineman will The Rams keep.Anchrum was pretty excited on how well he did Saturday against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Noteboom is solid at LT & can play LG. Really never saw him taking Reps at guests though RT a couple of times.
There could be room,but I’ve been saying 8 OLineman for awhile now.The could use a guard though because Corbett & Brian Allen will be FA’s ext season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fair enough. I’m hoping for the best, maybe I’m having PTSD from last year.
Note that going to 7 is the key here. Our starting 5 then Boom and Anchrum, if you compare to most lines out there I think Boom and Anchrum compare very, very well. And I'm not a big fan of Boom. I think he's only a LT and a weak one at that, but he's still better than the LT2 on most rosters. And Anchrum compared to the 7 around the league, well some think he sucks because of last weekend but I don't share that view, I think the body of his work this preseason speaks for itself and he's probably better than most guys at 7 on depth lists.

Might be that I'm wrong on Anchrum. But I see a lot of good with him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Note that going to 7 is the key here. Our starting 5 then Boom and Anchrum, if you compare to most lines out there I think Boom and Anchrum compare very, very well. And I'm not a big fan of Boom. I think he's only a LT and a weak one at that, but he's still better than the LT2 on most rosters. And Anchrum compared to the 7 around the league, well some think he sucks because of last weekend but I don't share that view, I think the body of his work this preseason speaks for itself and he's probably better than most guys at 7 on depth lists.

Might be that I'm wrong on Anchrum. But I see a lot of good with him.
I agree on Anchrum. I think he can be a steady guy if called upon.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you ever heard of The Rams first draft pick of 2021 before ?
BTW- no one wants to value Perkins or Wolford for that matter.
Do you know the difference between Kickoff Returns and Punt Returns?
Haydel was the most successful of the 3 guys who handled Kickoffs this pre-season, Calais is obviously out of action and I imagine Otis will be released shortly. Which leaves 0 Kickoff returns in pre-season
Tutu will return punts

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
WELL I CALL BIGGER BS WITH GREATER FONT SIZE AND MORE EXCLAMATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Calm down pops. :laugh4:
Fake News - report just in. I’m calm,but I do think your putting to much inference into the game film.
Kevin O’Connell talks about game calming & seeing how players react.There is a lot more to it than just watching the game.

—I did watch the first play.actually 2 when Bobby Evans got blown up by Denver’s DT. He went back like 5 yards right from the start. Though he settled in better.
You could be totally right though. We’ll see,I just see your post & question a couple of your opinions. The Rams depth is one of them vs other seasons. Think your way off there.

Everyone from last season is coming back.Brian Allen was out all 2020,so I don’t know how much you’ve seen from him? Austin Blythe I thought was ok,but O’Connell thinks Brian Allen is starting to take things to another level. In 2019 I though The Rams were out of there minds not playing him & Noteboom in the preseason.
Say what you want,IMO The Rams backups have improved over the Off Season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Do you know the difference between Kickoff Returns and Punt Returns?
Haydel was the most successful of the 3 guys who handled Kickoffs this pre-season, Calais is obviously out of action and I imagine Otis will be released shortly. Which leaves 0 Kickoff returns in pre-season
Tutu will return punts
The announcer at the Rams vs Broncos said that when the season starts, Kupp will be the kick returner.
So much for my risk aversion theory.