Rams Cuts Begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our OL depth really isn't bad. There is a shortage of OLs around the NFL. Most teams don't have reliable backups. Noteboom and Anchrum aren't bad options for #6 and #7 OLs.
Yeah our depth to 7 is probably in the top 10% of the league. Thereabouts. We're in really good shape. Only hole is potentially Center but since we don't know how good Corbs is at Center it might actually be strong there.

8+ it's not anything special but I am intrigued by Jackson. He was the surprise of the preseason for me.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
Complete cuts so far:
  • QB Devlin Hodges
  • RB Raymond Calais*
  • WR Jeremiah Haydel
  • TE Kyle Markway
  • OT Ryan Pope
  • G Jeremiah Kolone
  • G Jordan Meredith
  • DE Maximilian Roberts
  • DT George Silvanic
  • LB Derrick Moncrief
  • DB Paris Ford
  • DB Brontae Harris
  • DB Dayan Lake
  • DB Donovan Olumba
  • DB Troy Warner
  • K Austin MacGinnis
  • LS Steven Wirtel

TexasRam

Legend
Yeah our depth to 7 is probably in the top 10% of the league. Thereabouts. We're in really good shape. Only hole is potentially Center but since we don't know how good Corbs is at Center it might actually be strong there.

8+ it's not anything special but I am intrigued by Jackson. He was the surprise of the preseason for me.
Lol ok. Based on reviewing each roster I assume. Lol. Keep toking my friend :laugh4:

I love the faith but unless you have reviewed every single roster and watched them in preseason that’s a very outlandish random percent to claim.

I can tell you for fact that Anchrum and Jackson were beaten consistently vs 2nd stringers in preseason games 2 and 3. Noteboom lost his job to Edwards who was a backup. The same Edwards who grades out just above average. Noteboom will provide value as a backup pass protector at LT if God forbid Whitworth goes down, but after that it’s going to be a shitshow like we saw last year with Evans against Green Bay.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lol ok. Based on reviewing each roster I assume. Lol. Keep toking my friend :laugh4:
It's a guess admittedly. But you're right, I have not nuked rosters. I have seen a lot of shitty line play this preseason though.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Hope Brontae Harris makes it to PS. We’re stacked in secondary but he showed me something and think he can be developed.

TexasRam

Legend
It's a guess admittedly. But you're right, I have not nuked rosters. I have seen a lot of shitty line play this preseason though.
Fair enough. I’m hoping for the best, maybe I’m having PTSD from last year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really surprised they haven't cut one of the punters yet. Knowing that either can start, I'd figure whoever they didn't keep they'd want to give another opportunity.

oldnotdead

Legend
No surprises on the list so far. I think Meredith probably gets signed to the PS if he clears waivers like he should. All of the DBs are marginal players with most being too slow to make this secondary. Both Harris and Orr's lack of speed really got exposed in preseason. It's the last 10 that are going to probably be the deepest cuts. IMO they are probably trying to work trades for Hekker, and probably Kiser. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of trades being made tonight and tomorrow morning.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Times they are a changing….well at least until we hit 53

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Anchrum got abused and exposed the last two preseason games, mainly vs 2nd stringers. Noteboom has value as a backup but the others will be massive liabilities.

I can’t honestly say what other teams have in backups, but ours - as we saw in preseason - are particularly worse than other seasons. This based on reviewing each snap from each lineman multiple times. The tape don’t lie.
And this is why injuries (or lack of) will play such an important role this season. The Rams have a starting roster worthy of S.B. contention....but they're thin, very thin at some positions. Over the past few years McVay has been lucky injury wise...I hope "returning to the mean" doesn't begin this year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really surprised they haven't cut one of the punters yet. Knowing that either can start, I'd figure whoever they didn't keep they'd want to give another opportunity.
Hekker is on the COVID list. There's no rush. They're probably trying to trade one.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I think our OL depth looks about like it would if it had been composed of later-round afterthought picks and UFAs since the Whit acquisition.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Knowing that either can start, I'd figure whoever they didn't keep they'd want to give another opportunity.
Well, they do have almost 2 weeks before kickoff. I suspect you'll see lots of roster movement between tomorrow and September 12