Rams Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Love McVay but Jesus the dude lays it on thick at times. You'd think they're about to build Allen a fuckin statue the way he went on about him.
In a different life he would be at your door with a vacuum to show you. lol
And you would buy it...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have concerns on Defense.

Regardless of opinion, there were three losses of significant experience in Morris, Henderson and Lake (mostly college). That's a lot of experience out-the-door.

The only really experienced addition was Giff Smith. Add-in that Shula is a first-time Defensive Coordinator; and the Rams will likely have a lot of young players on defense ... the lack of experienced coaches is a concern to me.
I get it,but just like Mcvay when he became HC of The Rams.As you mention Giff that is a coach with more experience than Eric Henderson.If you look at what AC Carter has done with the D’Line as an assistant coach he brings that energy of Henderson.

Well I don’t know how much you really know about the staff?
I know I said Chilli Davies as Green Bay’s coach which was WRONG !!! He is the assistant special teams coach which only adds energy to teams.Chase Blackburn had his plate full last season & Special Teams suffered. This hiring will only add positive energy to the group.Plus IMO The Rams are going to bring in some CORE young LBEr,safeties & CB for special teams & depth.

Greg Williams was the Coach I was shocked about.Think it was Greg Williams.It was the other guy who worked in Green Bay with Joe Barry. I can get into it more ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Any mention of Higbee's surgery, timing, prognosis, etc. ?
Chilli Davis will probably be more with the group.Blackburn is better as more of a kicking guru imo.Ethan Evans is a STUD!
Now if he can learn to hold or FG kick.We know he BOMS Kick Offs.
Memento likes the TE from Georgia? I think Davis is going to be an excellent TE for The Rams.
I HATED the Higbee Extension!! Then to see that cheap shot.
Pisses me off thinking about that Detroit game.The late hits on Matthew Stafford as well.Then calling a hold on Big Rob making it 2-13 after getting in FG range?? Then NOT calling Puka’s PI. Leaving Mcvay with a tough decision on 4th down.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Pisses me off thinking about that Detroit game.The late hits on Matthew Stafford as well.Then calling a hold on Big Rob making it 2-13 after getting in FG range?? Then NOT calling Puka’s PI. Leaving Mcvay with a tough decision on 4th down.
Yep- we were definitely robbed there.

Revenge will be sweet when we slaughter them in next year's NFCCG.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yep- we were definitely robbed there.

Revenge will be sweet when we slaughter them in next year's NFCCG.
The late non-PI was a bad call that could have been the difference. However, the Rams lost because they had three drives into the Red-Zone and settled for three field goals. Detroit also had three Red-Zone drives, and scored three touchdowns.

21-9 ... Point Differential of 12. That's why the Rams lost a one-point-game ... IMO.

As far as the Havenstein holding penalty, Big-Rob did a press conference a few days after the game, and said it was a hold, it was mistake on him and it's something he can not do in that situation.

The 2023 Rams won a lot of close games, and lost a few. One play can be the difference in a close game. However, you don't win or lose the game because of one play. Again, just my opinion.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO Noteboom's fate is tied to Dotson. If Dotson is extended I see them releasing Joe as a post June 1 transaction. Depending upon what it cost them to sign Dotson, and Shelton it may force them to also release Havenstein to unload his $14.7M cap hit this year. I feel that might be in consideration because I would think they also would like to re-sign Robinson. Jackson, Hoecht and Jonah Williams are RFs so I see all of them getting a second round tender bumping their salaries accordingly. Hopkins is a UFA so it's a matter of how much he will cost and their motivation to keep him. With Higbee, Allen and Long they may opt to let him walk.

What I'm saying is that it may look like the Rams have a lot of cap space but just re-signing their own is going to eat a big chunk of that. Also, I can see them restructuring Noteboom's contract taking his remaining guaranteed and spreading it over 4 years. That would bring his cap down to about $4M/yr. Why? Because he has value as a backup / bridge player at OT and OG. Would Joe do it? That is the question. OL depth is a very legitimate concern, Noteboom, McClendon and McAllister will give them that game day depth they need.

From reports the Rams seem hign on McClendon, but not sure if it's as an OG or RT. The biggest knock on him was slow feet. But some of that can be mitigated by proper physical training. Improve his foot quickness and Warren could play RG or RT. McAllister showed promise in TC last year so I can see him as their backup center. OT is their biggest need on the OL that is why I see them using a day two pick on an OT.

Just like last year the coaching staff will be key to the success of this team. They will have a roster filled with first and second year guys. That is not to say they will suck. Only that good coaching again will be impactful. That is why the Ram staff was raided like it was this year. The Rams out performed expectations, and the NFL took notice.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Chilli Davis will probably be more with the group.Blackburn is better as more of a kicking guru imo.Ethan Evans is a STUD!
Now if he can learn to hold or FG kick.We know he BOMS Kick Offs.
Memento likes the TE from Georgia? I think Davis is going to be an excellent TE for The Rams.
I HATED the Higbee Extension!! Then to see that cheap shot.

Brock Bowers is the only player I can think of that I'd trade up for, and I don't even think he'll be at that point. He's going to be an elite tight end.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
In a different life he would be at your door with a vacuum to show you. lol
And you would buy it...

I actually did that as a young man… sold vacuum cleaners by appt… Vorwerk

They were amazing German quality, but cost $1000 in late 80s dollars. I sold two, but the local sales group was sleazy af. They thought pics of Lambos were motivational…sigh… and expected us to work insane hours.

I didn’t stay long enough to become jaded, but Glengarry Glen Ross sure hit harder for me after having been in that kind of environment…

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Brock Bowers is the only player I can think of that I'd trade up for, and I don't even think he'll be at that point. He's going to be an elite tight end.

He might fall to 15… if there’s an overdrafting of QBs, LTs, CBs and edge… Bowers can fall since this draft is top heavy at each of those spots… not as stark as in other years, but enough that I think many FOs will not want the drop off at those spots between these guys and the round 2-3 guys.

If he does, I’d expect us and a few other teams to try and trade up.

Other than Bowers, I don’t see another player we trade up for

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He might fall to 15… if there’s an overdrafting of QBs, LTs, CBs and edge… B
Isn't QB almost always 'overdrafted'? I'd bet 4 or 5 are gone before it's our turn to pick. I've heard as many as 6 or 7 LTs gone in the 1st. CB's and Edge are always popular. But all it takes is 1 team looking for a TE and he's gone and even if 3 QBs, LTs, CBs, Edge and WRs are gone in the first 19, that still leaves 3 spots open. I don't think he makes it past the Jets at #10.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Love McVay but Jesus the dude lays it on thick at times. You'd think they're about to build Allen a fuckin statue the way he went on about him.
statue.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The late non-PI was a bad call that could have been the difference. However, the Rams lost because they had three drives into the Red-Zone and settled for three field goals. Detroit also had three Red-Zone drives, and scored three touchdowns.

21-9 ... Point Differential of 12. That's why the Rams lost a one-point-game ... IMO.

As far as the Havenstein holding penalty, Big-Rob did a press conference a few days after the game, and said it was a hold, it was mistake on him and it's something he can not do in that situation.

The 2023 Rams won a lot of close games, and lost a few. One play can be the difference in a close game. However, you don't win or lose the game because of one play. Again, just my opinion.
Well Sean Mcvay said it a few times & opened up a bag of dead stinky worms he’ll never forget.I do a lot of play calling during games.Had a GF that told me I think I know more than I do .Per verbatim I’ll say something & the announcers say the same thing 50%.I think Tony Romo stunk in the Superbowl. Any ways Those TIMEOUTS in the 2nd half are KILLLERS!! Mcvay lost being able to CONTROL the game.

Mcvay calls him Stretch! The reason he hired him is to keep himself from making those mistakes.Sean Mcvay takes mistakes to HEART!! He is the first to BLAME himself!!!
—I’ve watched a lot of football & live game scores.The momentum was on Detroits side in away because of that.

—Whiterspoon was on the Duchers show(upset at him),which was actually an excellent interview because you get to see Whiterspoon’s mind set. I know I’m posting(always) post to long,but he answered the TOUGHEST WR he has gone against in The NFL.He said St.Brown from Detroit.

I never knew how tough he was to guard going across the middle.When the ball is in the air it’s his.There were a lot of times Whiterspoon had excellent positioning,but St.Browns hands are SUPER STRONG!!

Yep & giving Goff that chance to basically complete 1 or 2 passes to that WR was not going to be easy. -
Enter /Stretch John Streicher - game manager.
- as for Big Rob’s hold he is going to take The High Road.He is such an excellent mentor.Ask Kevin Dotson about playing next to Rob.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO Noteboom's fate is tied to Dotson. If Dotson is extended I see them releasing Joe as a post June 1 transaction. Depending upon what it cost them to sign Dotson, and Shelton it may force them to also release Havenstein to unload his $14.7M cap hit this year. I feel that might be in consideration because I would think they also would like to re-sign Robinson. Jackson, Hoecht and Jonah Williams are RFs so I see all of them getting a second round tender bumping their salaries accordingly. Hopkins is a UFA so it's a matter of how much he will cost and their motivation to keep him. With Higbee, Allen and Long they may opt to let him walk.

What I'm saying is that it may look like the Rams have a lot of cap space but just re-signing their own is going to eat a big chunk of that. Also, I can see them restructuring Noteboom's contract taking his remaining guaranteed and spreading it over 4 years. That would bring his cap down to about $4M/yr. Why? Because he has value as a backup / bridge player at OT and OG. Would Joe do it? That is the question. OL depth is a very legitimate concern, Noteboom, McClendon and McAllister will give them that game day depth they need.

From reports the Rams seem hign on McClendon, but not sure if it's as an OG or RT. The biggest knock on him was slow feet. But some of that can be mitigated by proper physical training. Improve his foot quickness and Warren could play RG or RT. McAllister showed promise in TC last year so I can see him as their backup center. OT is their biggest need on the OL that is why I see them using a day two pick on an OT.

Just like last year the coaching staff will be key to the success of this team. They will have a roster filled with first and second year guys. That is not to say they will suck. Only that good coaching again will be impactful. That is why the Ram staff was raided like it was this year. The Rams out performed expectations, and the NFL took notice.

JOESPH NOTEBOOM will be a RAM next season.He will give back because of NEUTRAL RESPECT!!! What happens in Free Agency is anyone’s guess. Sean Mcvay talked about figuring it all out & talked about Joesph Noteboom & what he meant.
—I LMFAO at all the posters talking about CUTTING Noteboom. I get that part &he still could be ? Mcvay’s quite though is what gets me.Brian Allen gets cut so All these Posters are Saying STEVE AVILA at CENTER .

The quote Mcvay used about Noteboom was he was going to say Noteboom played or can play all for Offensive Line positions,but said he couldn’t because there was such a Stud Young LG is why he couldn’t.
—There’s no way Steve Avila is moving from LG.He is basically at Penciled in All Pro LG.
The Rams lost there young Assistant O’Line coach to Raheem.Ryan Wendall & Zak Kromer (Munchak) did an excellent job last season.

Last edited: