Rams Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm done worrying about his assistant coaches. He's hired 51 assistant coaches (prior to this off season) not counting strength and conditioning coaches, and the guy wins with all of them. He's had 6 guys go on to head coaching positions (5 NFL, 1 NCAA) and 10 others go on to coordinator positions (9 NFL, 1 NCAA). In 7 years as a head coach!!
Pure Gold

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BTW Jerry Schuplinsky could be a very interesting addition. He's primarily a QB coach, highly regarded one at that. Just in case they are able to draft their future franchise QB this year? I think that is why they signed him.

He’s 5 years younger than Matthew Stafford.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hey that's great

I know pretty FREAKING AWESOME!! You look at what ZAK KROMER means to The Rams & there offensive line it’s pretty special!
ZAK KROMER is a WE guy & brings that out in The Rams Players.In 2022 he was The Rams TE’s Coach which gets overlooked.
When Posters bring up MUNCHUK it’s Zak Kromer who is working with him bringing in knowledge to the group. Sean Mcvay respects the heck out of him.

When his dad was with The Rams he set up the drills & got players ready for the next drill.
You look at all the WR & TE’s & how The Rams Player block throughout the Offensive Line he has a lot to do with that.He’s the one working with The TE’s when they come together as a group.

He works with the backups on technique.I don’t know what Bill Callahan or whoever his son is which I could give a CRAP about.Zak Kromer under Sean Mcvay has given stability to The Rams lineman since he was at the combine with his dad as Belacheat & son were.

IF YOUR in a THREAD about RAMS COACHES & The Subject is about MUNCHAK being with The Rams WTF does it matter about TEA(Bill Callahan) in CHINA ?

I thought this was a Rams coaching thread & The Fact Zak Kromer has those relationships are important to how Sean Mcvay has set up during the season.
So YES IMO I agree it’s prettt freaking great!! Especially when another young O’Line coach gets poached like Waldron did with Andy Dickerson..The main stay has been Zak Kromer & as an example of your post he is overlooked as a Rams coach or undervalued by Rams Fans ?

I wouldn’t & won’t undermined he’s mean as a RAMS COACH!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hope Not!!! Schuplinski is 46.
Guess I was posting about the other S- coach from Iowa State.
Nate Scheelhause.
He’s not even the QB’s coach either Dave Ragone is makes him more important to the passing game planning.

So for Sean Mcvay it’s nice having someone older than him to be in control of in game .Mike Lafleur is sort of a pup that’s getting groomed well.

Schupliski’s job is more about team than what Mattew Stafford does
My bad & sort of a backwards reply.I might have & still am off subject,but it shows a different way of how Sean Mcvay is structuring his coaching staff. He’s trusting his staff more as well so he can concentrate more on in game play calling & overall
as a HC.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Guess I was posting about the other S- coach from Iowa State.
Nate Scheelhause.

Yes, Scheelhaase is three years younger than Stafford.

I also like the coaching additions to the offensive side. Have my fingers crossed on the defensive side.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO the Rams upgraded themselves at DC. I'm excited to see what Shula brings. I think this defense will finish in the top halve overall in it's ranking, i.e. stop the sliding. If the D can play anywhere near a 10 or 12 overall ranking, and if the offense stays healthy this will be a legit SB contender this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO the Rams upgraded themselves at DC. I'm excited to see what Shula brings. I think this defense will finish in the top halve overall in it's ranking, i.e. stop the sliding. If the D can play anywhere near a 10 or 12 overall ranking, and if the offense stays healthy this will be a legit SB contender this season.

The Rams were a legit Superbowl team in 2023.
Your going to say if The Ref’s call that PI & The Rams found away to beat Detroit that there momentum wouldn’t have given that chance ??

I’m not crying about it,but The Rams had all the pieces in place.I’m saying things can change quickly as well.That Giants game almost cost them the season & FG kickers make a difference.

The Rams were healthy & AD99 said he never felt better going into a playoff game.Ernest Jones had an extra week to stay healthy. Sort of still PISSED about late hits on Stafford.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes, Scheelhaase is three years younger than Stafford.

I also like the coaching additions to the offensive side. Have my fingers crossed on the defensive side.

Yeah - IMO The Rams defensive coaches are all back basically.Lakes input was hard for me to judge ? Raheem Morris took him to Atlanta with him as DC.

I actually like the changes though.The coaches on defense will be kept in place which is good.They really worked well with The Rams rookies & should only be better.

AC Carter brings that energy that Eric Henderson did working hands on.Having Giff Smith(Staley) as the DL/run game coordinator will bring solid experience.
I like the Chilli Davis hiring,because of how well Green Bay’s LBers looked last season.Plus he worked under Rams ex LBEr coach Joe Barry.

The connection & advancements are part of Sean Mcvay’s coach tree & relationships.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah - IMO The Rams defensive coaches are all back basically. Lakes input was hard for me to judge ? Raheem Morris took him to Atlanta with him as DC.

I have concerns on Defense.

Regardless of opinion, there were three losses of significant experience in Morris, Henderson and Lake (mostly college). That's a lot of experience out-the-door.

The only really experienced addition was Giff Smith. Add-in that Shula is a first-time Defensive Coordinator; and the Rams will likely have a lot of young players on defense ... the lack of experienced coaches is a concern to me.

oldnotdead

Legend
The more I look into Shula and listen to what he's saying I can see a very good HC in him in a couple of years. If Sean ever gets the wandering feet again, I would look at Shula as his replacement. IMO Chris will be a hot commodity in 2026 as a HC candidate.

I especially love how he stresses playing to a player's strengths so they can play aggressively and most of all fast. This was my biggest complaint with Raheem. I would have no problem if he played a one gap attacking style DL with a match zone behind them. Normally a one gap front gives the QB less time to make his reads and correct throw. That kind of scheme can create turnovers, something sorely lacking of late.

He understands the importance of culture and being innovative with his schemes. Yeah, he's going to be an excellent HC and I only hope he stays in LA and takes over when McVay moves on. I still have my reservations about just how much longer Sean will stay. This could be a way of grooming his successor? Personally I know what it is to go through professional burn out. You come back but the second time is shorter.