Rams claim G Tre Jackson/Fails physical and is waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Underrated pickup. He's gonna be dependable depth and IF he stays healthy, he's probably the starting rg, moving hav or robinson to the bench

I wouldn't go quite that far.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't go quite that far.
haha we shall see. That is more of a best case scenario but I'm not sure about Hav at guard. Robinson maybe. This isn't a bad problem to have though

Zero

Pro Bowler
I was gonna make a post about him when he was released but didn't think we would make a claim. freak me, right? Nice grab. The more the merrier.
It will take a while for us to get used to our Rams
doing things that actually make sense.:D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Knee is bad and the Patriots usually don't make mistakes, however, no risk here and he excites me more than David Arkin, but Arkin was really funny in Million Dollar Arm.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
query ..... are you allowed or is there a way to get his medicals (current) before you acquire off waivers? Or is it just a crap shoot? Just wondering if the Rams had any way of knowing where he is health wise before pulling the trigger on this?

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
We cut DB Kevin Short to make room for Jackson.

bAjxhTH.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Knee is bad and the Patriots usually don't make mistakes, however, no risk here and he excites me more than David Arkin, but Arkin was really funny in Million Dollar Arm.
Is basically the same case as with Easley and that worked out pretty well for us. Lets hope it repeats.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
query ..... are you allowed or is there a way to get his medicals (current) before you acquire off waivers? Or is it just a crap shoot? Just wondering if the Rams had any way of knowing where he is health wise before pulling the trigger on this?

I doubt it.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Really liked him coming out of college and thought if his body could hold up he could develop into a solid guard

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This move makes me wonder what the coaching staff really thinks about Saffold, and Brown, and Grob, and Hav, and also Wichmann and Rhaney. Do we have anybody that can play guard?.

Ram65

Legend
Former 4th rounder with bad knees. Low risk but will he be dependable enough should he win a spot on the roster?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I'm hoping that his off-season surgery will be well healed by the time training camp starts this upcoming season. My gut says his playing days are over.

I copied the following off of a Patriot's board while looking up the details of his IR placement last season......makes sense on what we've been hearing about moving guys around...

tylawspick6 says:Apr 18, 2017 8:43 PM

can play tackle
and center, too

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Noticed Jackson was drafted a few spots before the rams drafted Donnal in 2015. Guessing Snead had his eye on Jackson, he was taken by NE, then took Donnal. Hope he works out, rams sure could use the help.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Saw him play so well at FSU and was begging for him all draft long and screamed when I thought the rich got richer. I was'nt aware of his pre college injuries. Just like Barrett Jones ,some players end up giving their best football days in college. His name still inspires me as he played so well as Barrett did and they both won National Championships. Call me skeptical. I'm sure our dr.s will be more informed immediately. Its best to know all you can as soon as you can. Leave no stone unturned. Does speak to me about what some may think. Nobody is safe.

RAMBUSH

Starter
6'4" 326 lbs, age 24

http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/18...-round-og-tre-jackson-and-sign-te-matt-lengel

Jackson was a 4th round pick in 2015 and started half of the season at right guard. The Patriots drafted Jackson knowing that he had severe knee problems; those problems prevented him from playing 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tre'_Jackson

Jackson missed his entire junior season of high school with an ACL tear. He played college football at Florida State. He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 2015 NFL draft. He played in 13 games with nine starts at right guard his rookie year while dealing with a knee injury.

Jackson started the season on PUP with a knee injury. Unfortunately his injury never healed in time and missed the entire 2016 season
I don't trust anyone Bill Belicheck let's go... but looks good on paper.. cheating dog patriots.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Awesome pickup. Jackson has starting experience, and competition and depth is always good.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm hoping that his off-season surgery will be well healed by the time training camp starts this upcoming season. My gut says his playing days are over.

I copied the following off of a Patriot's board while looking up the details of his IR placement last season......makes sense on what we've been hearing about moving guys around...

tylawspick6 says:Apr 18, 2017 8:43 PM

can play tackle
and center, too

Irving was the man at FSU . Interesting if he can play center at all. Can maybe throw him on pup again if not healthy.