Rams claim G Tre Jackson/Fails physical and is waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Amazing what a new staff with new priorities can accomplish in just a few months, huh?
Correct and a total 180 from Fisher.

And how amazingly lucky for us to get a guy like Phillips so that McVay can concentrate on the offense.

As the Donald would say, "it's yuge.... YUGE!"

I rarely make guarantees, if ever, but I see absolutely no way that the Rams won't progress as a team this year and possibly even get noticeably better every other game. :D

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Underrated pickup. He's gonna be dependable depth and IF he stays healthy, he's probably the starting rg, moving hav or robinson to the bench

Brown to LOG, Tre Jackson ROG & Hav stays at RT... GRob prove it and is our swing OT

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hope we're not done....
I suspect Wichman is a little better than Havenstein. We'll see in training camp.
I would tend to agree with you on Cody Wichmann here. I have posted on his issues with back to back high ankle issues the last two seasons. Cody is a large & may be still growing man. Cody is close to 6-6 & was filling out nicely over 325 pounds.

I would not write him off so fast just because he looked so bad late last season. Cody suffered that second high ankle sprain in game 5 against the Bills & was never the same. I must stress that he was playing injured . Cody was Boudreau's top OG in pre season last season & won the LG post early in camp. It was Boudreau that flipped Cody back to starting RG when Brown was in "Fall Mode" in pre season @ starting RG.

If we went back to Cody's rookie season after missing all of OTA's/Training Camp & Pre season with a injured ankle Cody fought back & secured to win the starting RG post & held onto it through out his rookie season. Cody has 18 starts @ OG in 2 seasons.Can you name me any other Ram OG who has had more starts @ OG the last two seasons?

I went looking for additional information on Tre Jackson previous center action. Tre Jackson has the size that Kromer desires & the fact that he has some history @ center makes this new sign very interesting. Kromer sure looks like he is well endowed @ right OG. He has previous starters in Rodger Saffold, Cody Wichmann, Jamon Brown & Andrew Donnal. Its been well discussed that McVay & Kromer want to get even bigger with the 6-7 323 pound Rob Havenstein & even the 6-5 332 pounder GRob some action in this same post. Now the Tre who is rather large running around 320 pounds.

http://thespun.com/national/former-...-start-for-the-patriots-in-his-first-nfl-game

"Former FSU center, who played alongside Jackson during the Seminoles’ title run in 2013, won the Patriots’ starting job last season, so it seems New England likes the way they come out of Tallahassee ready to play."

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And now he's been cut. Failed his physical.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Rotoworld
image.jpeg

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
With probably the worst OL draft in even some pretty bad years this year, we lost nothing in doing due dilligence. It was all gonna hinge on physical anyway. Whats good is next years draft is expected to be MUCH better than this years scary bunch. On first look I see many an OL falling farther than any here expect. Lots of lesser talents even came out early to take advantage of this super weak class and next seasons stronger group and expectations. I see WR,TE,CB with our first two picks. I know a big DUH . We had to give Tre' a looksee. Glad we did.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And now he's been cut. Failed his physical.

I thought something was up when they removed his name off the website and that was my first thought...The knee must be really bad, oh well, didn't hurt anything.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I really hope we can grab either Elflein or Pocic at some point. I think either one of them can plug in at G. Elflein is smart and can start right now.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I really hope we can grab either Elflein or Pocic at some point. I think either one of them can plug in at G. Elflein is smart and can start right now.
I agree.
He can back up two spots this year or start at Guard and play Center when needed.

It's a strong draft for Centers, let's take one at least by the 4th.

Second and third BPA. Which should be a cornerback at least. Maybe a wide receiver.

Then take the best Center on the board.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Well he failed his physical and we waved him today LOL

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If needed they will probably both be around in the 4th Round!;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Not sure on Elflein watch the Clemson game and he was tossed around like a rag doll, anyway I'm on board with Wyoming's Chase Roullier for Center and IMHO the Rams have enough Guards in house with Brown & Donnal backing up Saffold & Havenstein besides Wichmann.