Rams claim G Tre Jackson/Fails physical and is waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could be a good little pickup here if he is healthy. I remember liking him out of FSU

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
6'4" 326 lbs, age 24

http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/18...-round-og-tre-jackson-and-sign-te-matt-lengel

Jackson was a 4th round pick in 2015 and started half of the season at right guard. The Patriots drafted Jackson knowing that he had severe knee problems; those problems prevented him from playing 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tre'_Jackson

Jackson missed his entire junior season of high school with an ACL tear. He played college football at Florida State. He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 2015 NFL draft. He played in 13 games with nine starts at right guard his rookie year while dealing with a knee injury.

Jackson started the season on PUP with a knee injury. Unfortunately his injury never healed in time and missed the entire 2016 season

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could be a good little pickup here if he is healthy. I remember liking him out of FSU

Knees might be shot, but there's no real risk here. Having more OL competition only helps if he is healthy.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I was gonna make a post about him when he was released but didn't think we would make a claim. Fuck me, right? Nice grab. The more the merrier.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Knees might be shot, but there's no real risk here. Having more OL competition only helps if he is healthy.

Hopefully a good thorough physical will tell soon enough how much those knees have in them. Let's hope the Pats gave up on him too soon.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is going to make for a real fun Training camp!! (y)
I wonder how it will effect our Draft Plans. IF at all!!o_O

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Easley had knee issues to when the pats cut him hopefully this works out just as well.

A55VA6

Legend
I was hoping the Rams would take a look at him, so I'm pleased. Just hope his knees are in good shape.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Love it. Low risk pickup. Could be something great, could be nothing but it's good move. Let's hope his knees can holdup.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very good player, when healthy. Hope he's able to get and stay healthy for us.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Are both of his knees an issue? Did he suffer ACL tears in both or just one?
BTW does anyone know why the Cheatriots would release him when he was healthy last year?

Lotsa questions I know but inquiring minds want to know!!

Thanks guys.
~ArkyRamsFan~

A55VA6

Legend
Are both of his knees an issue? Did he suffer ACL tears in both or just one?
BTW does anyone know why the Cheatriots would release him when he was healthy last year?

Lotsa questions I know but inquiring minds want to know!!

Thanks guys.
~ArkyRamsFan~
I believe the left knee. He tore his ACL in high school and has had a few knee issues since.

He entered last year on the PUP list, and ended up missing the entire season. So I assume the Patriots were just ready to move on.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If his knees don't hold up, we move on. No harm. But he has starter ability if he's healthy so it's worth a shot.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I believe the left knee. He tore his ACL in high school and has had a few knee issues since.

He entered last year on the PUP list, and ended up missing the entire season. So I assume the Patriots were just ready to move on.

Thanks A55VA6, I should have read the OP a bit closer. I thought he missed 2015 instead of the 2016 season. Guess the Cheatriots didn't want to continue to hold a roster spot for this guy.
Hopefully he turns out to be another D. Easley for us!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Underrated pickup. He's gonna be dependable depth and IF he stays healthy, he's probably the starting rg, moving hav or robinson to the bench

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This is the kind of move that competent teams make. We are out nothing if it doesn't pan out, but if he does then we got ourselves a steal Competition breeds winners. When it all shakes out, this OL is going to be heads and shoulders above what we have seen the past 5-7 yrs. Great move by Snead/Demoff/McVay.