Rams & Chargers sharing stadium discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Screenshot_1.png

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/0ec9411a-b1f1-37c6-972d-e227ea3150c1/watch:-sneak-peek-at.html
*****************************************************************************************************************

Is it just me or does this piss you guys off too?
I mean in my opinion this is not The Rams and Chargers stadium.
This is our Freakin stadium and the Chargers are the mother-in-law
that nobody wants living there.
Hey Spanos,get a job and buy your own stadium.
OK I'm done.I think.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
View attachment 20025
*****************************************************************************************************************

Is it just me or does this tick you guys off too?
OK I'm done.I think.

This sounds like a late night rant post. Unless you are on a good one?... I myself am almost there.:cheers:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chargers will be a clone of the Los Angeles Clippers...Even win they win, they lose!

bnw

Pro Bowler
It really will be the Chargers and Rams stadium. Exclusivity, yet another thing denied Rams fans by Kroenke.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It really will be the Chargers and Rams stadium. Exclusivity, yet another thing denied Rams fans by Kroenke.

I'd like to give you a 'nice try', but it wasn't even.

Newsflash - nobody likes the Chargers.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg

That really isn't how LA fans work. Had the Chargers gotten here first and were seen as the ones to end the football drought here then they'd have a terrific chance. As it stands, they're the second team in -- and worse for them, they have a strong identity with another city in California.

That said, it's still entirely possible for the Rams to fall on their faces for years on end and open the door for the Chargers to remove the Clipper-stink they've got all over them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
View attachment 20025
https://sports.yahoo.com/m/0ec9411a-b1f1-37c6-972d-e227ea3150c1/watch:-sneak-peek-at.html

Is it just me or does this tick you guys off too?
OK I'm done.I think.

It is exactly that, the Rams and Chargers stadium. Thank your lucky stars the Raiders didn't move to LA.

Newsflash - nobody likes the Chargers.

They have a great fanbase actually. They just weren't able to get enough support to build a fancy new expensive stadium and frankly I understand. It's hard for the average person to come out of pocket to fund a wealthy guy and make him richer. The sport has become dangerous to itself IMO.

Greed is starting to hurt it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stan must be getting something out of this more than the dollar a year rent he is charging spanos

i bet he gets a % of parking fees or food and beverage sales or something just doesn't make sense to have the chargers all but squatting

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
It is exactly that, the Rams and Chargers stadium. Thank your lucky stars the Raiders didn't move to LA.

Well that part is absolutely true. I think the Raiders were the only real threat the Rams here. Thank god the Chargers limped up here instead. They'll likely settle into a nice niche background with a fanbase full of contrarians and losers, much like the Clippers have.

They have a great fanbase actually. They just weren't able to get enough support to build a fancy new expensive stadium and frankly I understand. It's hard for the average person to come out of pocket to fund a wealthy guy and make him richer.

Had.

We'll see how many angry San Diegans follow them north. Whatever fanbase they already had in the LA area is absolutely miniscule. For whatever it's worth I was born and raised in LA and have been obsessive about sports my entire life. I know literally ONE Charger fan.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is exactly that, the Rams and Chargers stadium.
Yea,but the headline says it is the Chargers and Rams stadium.
I guess it's just me,but that's the part that bothered me.
Especially with people talking about the Chargers becoming LA's
team over the Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
That really isn't how LA fans work. Had the Chargers gotten here first and were seen as the ones to end the football drought here then they'd have a terrific chance. As it stands, they're the second team in -- and worse for them, they have a strong identity with another city in California.

That said, it's still entirely possible for the Rams to fall on their faces for years on end and open the door for the Chargers to remove the Clipper-stink they've got all over them.
As someone who sat in many a seat watching the Rams in Anaheim most Ca fans are fair weather.....unless it's baseball.
If the Rams stink and the Chargers win they will gain some traction. It is entirely possible if both teams struggle or not they are outdrawn by USC.
You make a good point about the Chargers bring San Diegos team. They are. Just as people outside of So Cal didn't understand the impact when the Rams moved to Anaheim.....it wasn't LA.
At any rate, Spanos is a royal tool. The people of San Diego didn't care enough to save them. Spanos wants out of a lease in San Diego to pay a lease in LA.
He is a dummy with a bad come over. I can't imagine anyone who spent time in SD, even someone not a charger fan like me, can do anything but loath Spanos.
He is constantly screwing up his team and is pissing on the Rams not letting them have LA.
F Spanos.

Psycho_X

Legend
Stan must be getting something out of this more than the dollar a year rent he is charging spanos

i bet he gets a % of parking fees or food and beverage sales or something just doesn't make sense to have the chargers all but squatting

It was basically the ball and chain the NFL put on Kroenke's ankle by fore going their own relocation guidelines and letting him have the LA market first. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some of the revenue from Charger home games when it comes up but for the most part giving another team a stadium 8 games a season plus relocation fee was the bribe the NFL owners deemed good enough.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yea,but the headline says it is the Chargers and Rams stadium.
I guess it's just me,but that's the part that bothered me.
Especially with people talking about the Chargers becoming LA's
team over the Rams.
They have been more successful though. Man, last year was ugly in a long line of ugly with a short reprieve of less ugly in between. Not a great impression for a team trying to make a splash in a new city.

And now there's competition for the local fan base? I don't know why the NFL agreed to this. I would say that I hope Stan at least gets a cut on concession stands, but I really don't care about Stan :)

bnw

Pro Bowler

Greedy Kroenke thought he could muscle his way into the LA market with no consequences. As usual he was wrong. He was forced to make the stadium available to another team if necessary. Necessary happened.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Greedy Kroenke thought he could muscle his way into the LA market with no consequences. As usual he was wrong. He was forced to make the stadium available to another team if necessary. Necessary happened.

Chargers still suck