Rams & Chargers sharing stadium discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Interesting....I've met a few Charger fans...never "knew" one....feel me? Oh, I know a bunch of Raiders fans tho....Can't wait to see how those Charger home games in Carson turn out....especially against the Raiders. LOLOL

I just want the stadium finished....b4 some poor fan dies in the coliseum....that place is...just...man!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even Jets fans refer to MetLife stadium as Giants stadium...

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
I just want the stadium finished....b4 some poor fan dies in the coliseum....that place is...just...man!

Hey now, the Coliseum itself is fine. For whatever reason it's NFL fans in the Coliseum that are the problem. I went to the Rams/KC exhibition game there and saw more crap one meaningless game than I did at every USC game I've ever been to. (There was one fight between TWO different KC fans!!!)

threesox84

Name
Greg
No need to be sorry about giving an informative post. And contrarians are necessary for honest debate. My point is simply that the Chargers have sold out their stadium. Their time in San Diego is now irrelevant other than the fans they still draw from there. It takes time to build a new fanbase and unlike the Rams two year lead up to their move the Chargers were a last minute addition to the LA market. They are now the Los Angeles Chargers, again. Same as the Rams are now the Los Angeles Rams, again. The Chargers will get ample media coverage within LA which can only help build a fanbase. They start winning and they will have an ample fanbase. The real test isn't until the new stadium is built. If the Chargers outdraw the Rams in the new stadium then we have the answer. It won't be without precedent as the Raiders have already shown that the Rams can become the second fiddle in LA.

Very true. FWIW the Rams only became second fiddle to the Raiders because they basically left town. When they moved to the OC they lost a huge chunk of the valley, which they'd historically owned. That opened it up for the Raiders and of course the Dodgers and Lakers, who promptly took over.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey now, the Coliseum itself is fine. For whatever reason it's NFL fans in the Coliseum that are the problem.
If you're into cement seats, heat, and not enough water to drink.....oh yeah, forgot about the flooded out:puke: bathrooms. LOL Sure, fine indeed.(y)

threesox84

Name
Greg
If you're into cement seats, heat, and not enough water to drink.....oh yeah, forgot about the flooded out:puke: bathrooms. LOL Sure, fine indeed.(y)

Sounds like home to me. It's always hot in LA at 1 pm in September!!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Lots of people in LA like the Chargers.

...but shouldn't. There's quality and depth in terms of fandom as well; I can't imagine any hardcore fan knowingly supporting a removed franchise.

On second thought what kind of human being would do such a thing? It's irresponsible, short-sighted, encourages franchise removal generally, and on and on.

Franchise removal is the worst thing going on in pro sports imo, and the musical franchises silliness won't end until fans in general get fed up with it.