Rams & Chargers sharing stadium discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing this topic has proven is that some people just can't pass up a chance to whine about Stan. It's already old and is just going to get more annoying fast.

bnw

Pro Bowler
One thing this topic has proven is that some people just can't pass up a chance to whine about Stan. It's already old and is just going to get more annoying fast.

Truth isn't whining. Truth is factual.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Chargers will be a clone of the Los Angeles Clippers...Even win they win, they lose!
Every time I hear anything about the Chargers and there Owner, I smell something ...

arg-o1de-sme11ie-fishe.gif
And as Far as there QB goes ...

philip_rivers.jpg

bnw

Pro Bowler
Spin it to your hearts content but that doesn't change anything. Truth is subjective.
Either way,this thread isn't about taking shots at Kroenke.

This thread is about Rams fans angst over the Chargers playing in the same stadium. Multiple players bear responsibility for that including Kroenke.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This thread is about Rams fans angst over the Chargers playing in the same stadium. Multiple players bear responsibility for that including Kroenke.
Actually it's not.It's about the media announcing the Stadium as the Chargers and Rams
stadium.Putting the Chargers name in front of the Rams.
Making it sound like we're the ones leashing,not the other way around.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Actually it's not.It's about the media announcing the Stadium as the Chargers and Rams

That is angst.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
First , it looks to me like all they did was to go alphabetical

second , as I get older I've learned not to sweat the small shit

homer4.jpg

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend

But that's due to the deal Stan made to be able to move to LA first. He is required to share his stadium with another team. There's no way around it. He may be paying for it completely but as far as the NFL is concerned it is now both the Rams and the Chargers home. Same as the Jets and Giants share one. So you're going to have to get used to it being called the Chargers home... some times as primary, some times as secondary, some times solely as their home in stories about games played there where the Rams have nothing to do with it. It is what it is. And as mentioned Chargers are alphabetically first so it'll probably happen more times than not.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either way the constant pissing and moaning about Stan is just old and boring. Just as whining about Georgia got old. It only accomplishes one thing, people care less about the relocation and the feelings of St. Louis.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They have a great fanbase actually.
The ONE Charger fan I know doesn't live in SD, is closer to LA and has said he is no longer a fan due to the shit Spanos has pulled over the years only to pull the team from SD. Anecdotal of course. But the fact that I only know one Chargers fan and I lived in CA half my life is pretty telling.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We are the landlords, they are the tenants.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Either way the constant pissing and moaning about Stan is just old and boring. Just as whining about Georgia got old. It only accomplishes one thing, people care less about the relocation and the feelings of St. Louis.

That depends upon the people. Kroenke took the low road leaving St. Louis when it wasn't necessary. Call it "old and boring" but perhaps its karma in the future.

Psycho_X

Legend

I mean, I understand what you're saying but this subject has nothing to do with St. Louis as far as I'm concerned. It just is what it is. The stadium is both the Chargers and the Rams now. It's the deal that was made and we're going to have to get used to sharing it. It's the price the NFL slapped on the LA market. And Stan agreed to the price. So it is, in fact, his fault that the Rams now have to share a stadium with another team. I don't particularly care myself because I'll probably never step foot into the place being that I live across the country. So whether they share it or are sole inhabitants makes no real difference to me at this point. What happens in LA means jackshit to me beyond the W-L column. But we can't really be too upset about it being referred to as the home of the Chargers at this point... well, people who wanted them to move can't be upset at least. ;)

As far as general discontent towards Stan not related to this issue.... winning solves everything.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The ONE Charger fan I know doesn't live in SD, is closer to LA and has said he is no longer a fan due to the crap Spanos has pulled over the years only to pull the team from SD. Anecdotal of course. But the fact that I only know one Chargers fan and I lived in CA half my life is pretty telling.

It's funny you mention this
I tried to look back on my life growing up in So Cal and remember who I knew that was a Charger fan - interestingly enough I too only knew ONE Charger fan.

It was Danny Villanueva
The former Ram kicker was doing Spanish broadcasts at the time and he was my buddies Uncle so we got to go down to San Diego for the VIP treatment. We were in elementsry school at the time. We stayed at Mr. Villanueva's house and it was great being with a great Mexican-American family, eating, and talking Rams football with a former Ram great.

The thing I don't recall any discussion on the Chargers come up at all -- and then at the actual game time me and my buddy were secretly rooting for the Raiders. So the best part of the Chargers was actually a Ram fan.

Anyway - RIP Danny Villanueva

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg