Rams at Dolphins vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
When this team is bad...they are REEEAAAALLLLY bad. Like, 0-16 looking bad. That is crazy to me. And the weird thing is, you can usually tell after the first drive or two what kind of day it is going to be. I have never seen such a bi-polar team in all my years. Depressing.

Also, that game yesterday was as bananas. The team has to be able to find a way to stop the bleeding. It was like the fucking Keystone Cops out there. One back breaking mistake after another. Fuck sakes man.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
it looks like after 5 years what we have here is a serviceable qb. nothing more. if he doesn't get it now, he never will. forget the super bowl and possibly the playoffs. same old rams. very disappointing. Don't even get me started on the not so special teams play. who the hell replaced bones? very disappointing. that's 2 disappointing's in one comment.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Superbowl LIII PTSD. O line couldn't adjust to the blitz and the receivers couldn't break man coverage.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright it’s a new day. Im going to tell myself that yesterday’s game was a fluke. We can be bad but we arent going to turn it over as many times as we did yesterday. I dont understand the talk that Goff cant get us into the playoffs bc he already has. Hes not the best but we can definitely win with him. Look around the league. Plenty of worse QBs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I'd say that the Rams looked totally out of synch at Buffalo in 1st half, and a total disaster in 1st half yesterday. I do question the travel decisions, IIRC they only arrived for both games the day (or night) before the game. I could be wrong and I know Covid has changed everyone's plans, but if true its just not reasonable to expect 100% on that little acclimation time

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I guess I'd say that the Rams looked totally out of synch at Buffalo in 1st half, and a total disaster in 1st half yesterday. I do question the travel decisions, IIRC they only arrived for both games the day (or night) before the game. I could be wrong and I know Covid has changed everyone's plans, but if true its just not reasonable to expect 100% on that little acclimation time
Petros Papadakis was talking about this last night with Rogan.
He said the east coast travel lag is a real thing. Especially with as many trips as the Rams have made this year.
Its not an excuse, but it does matter.

The Temps on the Rams sideline were almost unbelievable as well.
40° hotter than the sideline for Miami.
Wtf

nighttrain

Legend
that 140 degrees of heat had to have been tough for our guys, weird science or planned. BS either way
train

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I can't wrap my head around looking at the stats and the outcome. If there was ever a game when you "handed" another team a win, this is it. Like some have said, when you're averaging damn near 5 yards a carry, why throw so much? But the line was bad. Bottom line is the Dolphins really did nothing to win this game. Let's just start a puke line because this makes us all sick.

1604334170558.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Petros Papadakis was talking about this last night with Rogan.
He said the east coast travel lag is a real thing. Especially with as many trips as the Rams have made this year.
Its not an excuse, but it does matter.

The Temps on the Rams sideline were almost unbelievable as well.
40° hotter than the sideline for Miami.
Wtf
Whoa, I only saw parts of the game on redzone and heard complaints of that in chat but thought it was an exaggeration
Doesnt excuse the loss, or poor performance, but dayum

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't wrap my head around looking at the stats and the outcome
Sort of flies in the face of Flores knowing how to stop the Rams. The Rams stopped themselves. The play calling is frustrating at times but its hard to run the ball when down 21 points.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Whoa, I only saw parts of the game on redzone and heard complaints of that in chat but thought it was an exaggeration
Doesnt excuse the loss, or poor performance, but dayum
Yeah..it wasn't an exaggeration.
85° on the Miami sideline.
More than 125° on the Rams sideline.

Still not an excuse, but ouch

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
I think this is a fair assessment of Goff. He’s a middle of the pack QB who can make all the throws and, on occasion, look like one of the elites. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I don’t know who we could replace him with tomorrow or in the off-season even if we could. He’s demonstrated that he can run McVay’s system but you have to start questioning if he needs an elite supporting cast around him to get you to the top of the mountain.
I like Goff, I really do, He's a really good kid, but he should be better by now. I believe this is as good as he gets. Lots of those passes in the last couple of losses had me like.....
WHAT!? Sometimes he reminds me of JaMarcus Russell, And that's not good!! I love our Rams, and have for almost 50 years. not sure what all the cap repercussions would be if we cut him or traded him to another team, but in the division we're in, we might want a more mobile quarterback. We need a mobil QB, or a much better OL.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't wrap my head around looking at the stats and the outcome. If there was ever a game when you "handed" another team a win, this is it. Like some have said, when you're averaging damn near 5 yards a carry, why throw so much? But the line was bad. Bottom line is the Dolphins really did nothing to win this game. Let's just start a puke line because this makes us all sick.

View attachment 40600

Their pass defense was lights out.
We can shoot ourselves in the foot and they can do a great job against us at the same time.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

View attachment 40600

That is crazy! I was keeping an eye on the stats during the game but seeing it with fresh eyes this morning...oof

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFCCG against the Saints.

But I'm fine with McVay wanting to pass - against some teams, we can run the ball and ply defense and win. We may have been able to today.

But eventually Goff will need to lead us, and the Dolphins d is just about an average unit.

Isn't the Dolphins D top 3 in both 3rd Down Defense and Scoring Defense? That is NOT an average Defense.

I just looked, and the Dolphins have given up the fewest Points in the NFL.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff struggled, but the Miami front 7 were doing everything to get at the QB. I think 3 of the first 4 passes were batted at the line? Guys were getting their hands up constantly. I'm not sure how we weren't prepared for that gameplan, but there's no way were winning when giving up 28 gimme points. Goff got rattled early, never really got comfortable. Thats half on him half on McVay (though Everett isn't off the hook for his terrible display of hands). It's a shame to give away a game that we should have won easily with the statline. And the game was still there for the taking had special teams been up to par.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
TBH, the “we played like shit but still had a chance” excuse is wearing thin. Happened in the 9ers, Bills, and Fins game and could be said to be the reason we struggles with the giants as well. Just because it shows that if we fix the problems we can kick ass doesn’t give me faith we will fix it. Thats at least half the games that we have stunk in the first half.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say Gurley was a bigger factor of getting into playoffs than Goff was.
You mean the gurley that only played in the NFC Championship game long enough to have a costly fumble? Goff was pure money in that game

Status
Not open for further replies.