Rams at Dolphins vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me clarify. Rams NFL football. 40 Years of mostly losing takes its toll. The Niner game hurt quite a bit. Not sure if I need NFL football anymore, I have to say. But you never know.

I could understand this if it was during the linehan years, more so in the spags years and absolutely towards the end of the fisher years but in the middle of the Mcvay years where the Rams haven't had a losing season and are currently 5 and 3?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Play from under center more than any other QB

Turn his back to the LOS

More footwork and ball handling

quite a bit more than standing in a shotgun looking downfield, actually
But it seems he's asked to do those things to benefit him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could understand this if it was during the linehan years, more so in the spags years and absolutely towards the end of the fisher years but in the middle of the Mcvay years where the Rams haven't had a losing season and are currently 5 and 3?

homer

Ram65

Legend
It's probably a little bit of whatever one is saying. McVay going to no RB sets close to the endzone. Either Goff or McVay making the wrong choices to overcome the pass rush. At the 5 yard line, you can't get a sack-fumble. I would love to be in the meetings to get the real answers.

McVay, Goff, and the rest of the offense should have answers for any defense by now. Hopefully, this is the awakening to being able to overcome good defenses. The entire offense needs to get on the same page and execute plays.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Stop it "the sky is falling" fellas..
It was not so hard to see what was going on. I saw instant pressure and zero separation in the first half. Goff was put in a position to fail by the coach's. And sometimes things snowball.
McVay is not perfect, but there is no other coach I would rather have. He is ours and smart as a whip. But he shit the bed today. It was Martz like today. Mindlessly beating your head into the teeth of a defense, over and over.
If the Rams would have run,run and run the ball some more the turnovers would not have happened and we beat them. Sometimes even the best quarterbacks in all of football, the best of the best turn into "game managers" when needed.
Tell me, what quarterback would have success with instant pressure and zero separation ??
None. Bring on the Hags.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
First week or two Staley was the only coach people wanted to fire. Now he's the only one worth keeping :D

Gotta love GDT and vent threads. Think it took 2 days last week after the win to get to this many pages in the celebration thread too.
You are sadly so right

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me clarify. Rams NFL football. 40 Years of mostly losing takes its toll. The Niner game hurt quite a bit. Not sure if I need NFL football anymore, I have to say. But you never know.

I get it. Yesterday was the first time I ever quit watching a game in the first half. That includes all the terrible years where I knew they had no chance of winning.
Too much talent being wasted. To literally hand the other team the game by continuously trying the same thing is poor coaching and QB play. I will never quit being a die hard Rams fan , but something felt different today. I honestly can’t see them making the playoffs again this year. 2 years of being relaxant in the past 20 is hard to comprehend.
Yea they have a winning record , but who have they really beat ?
I hope I’m dead wrong , but after 40 plus years of watching I don’t see an above average team right now.
Take 2 weeks off and we’ll see you for the Hags game , but I 100% feel your pain.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They should cut Josh Reynolds tomorrow for the effort he gave on the fumble run back.
Or at least make him watch DJ Metcalf run down Baker a 100 times.
All this trade talk, Everett and Reynolds being "featured" blah blah blah... They should be both sent packing

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because Wofford gives you a better chance to win? Yeah, I didn't think so. Jared Goff did not lose that game.
I might be the biggest Goff apologist/fan on here but have to admit that if there was a game ball for losing, #16 would get one.
However, Wolford? Only way that cat hits the field is garbage time, when up 3-4 TD with less than 2 minutes

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A few issues here, for one, Goff has to learn to take a sack and not commit a turnover and Coach McVay needs to stay patient and stick with the run. Rams easily could have won this game 17-7 if they just stayed with the run and leaned on the defense.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
But it seems he's asked to do those things to benefit him.
That’s the TV talkers.

I knew those things were foreign to Goff when he came out of college.

And you don’t see others doing it either. Mahomes, Herbert, Lock, Wentz, the kid in Buffalo, the green midget and the red midget...they’re all in easier offenses out of shotgun, able to see the field.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, terrible 1st half where some tells and some habits and some flaws in players and the playbook all got steamrolled by another team with our number dialed in for perfection.

But wow. Seriously this a weird amount of people signing in just to comment about how bad the rams really are or how bad so and so really is....

Well, it goes both ways. Goff is also really the guy that has executed the gamelan to perfection during stretches this season. McVay is really the same coach that almost never loses twice.
This is the same team that really climbed back from a 25 point deficit on the road to a good bills team just a few weeks ago.
This is really a top defense.
This is really a 5-3 record.
This is really a top rushing team.
Goff really is still learning.
McVay really is too.
Both really are capable of being great.
Both really can have off days.
Yesterday they really were both off.
The dolphins really are a good defense and they really had 8 more days to rest and prepare at home.
They really made Kyle Shanahan look like a loser too.

I didn't agree the talk in the GDT at Buffalo and I sure AF don't agree now.

We are the team we were when the season began - and 5-3 with a top defense going into the bye was better than most of you expected.

The problems we had yesterday between a coach, QB and his protections were exacerbated by a great job by a serious dolphins defense.
A lot of emotions right now and its understandable to a point but the panic and hyperbole and table-pounding for your armchair expertise to be adopted by the Rams or you will throw in the towel on this team....?
My God. Really? Pull yourselves together. There is a lot of season left, and we are in the picture so put on your ointment, pull up your pants and pull yourselves together!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff will get to work on the protections and hots I'm sure. But that game had some serious regression for him IMO.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The Rams have yet to beat a good team. Their wins vs bad teams (and yes, the bears are bad) have even had some hiccups. The offense is not good right now. Once the short outside passes are defended...
When did this become a fisher passing attack? Use the middle of the field!

And the STs have got to be one of the worst in the league.

Coming out of the bye and handling the division foes is critical.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I would like to know how many fractions of a second Goff had between setting his feet and getting clobbered by the free rusher on his blindside.

I know its his job to know that.
But holy fuck if he didn't get unlucky too and holy fuck if those guys didn't FLY off the snap and HOLY FUCK mcvay should have said "throw it immediately to the quick slant" or "be ready DONT LOOK DOWNFIELD just catch it and throw it immediately like we practice"

But I don't think that happened.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He puts that on Goff when Henderson lets Ogbah have a clear shot. No QB has a chance there.
That's an excuse dieter so gonna disagree with you here.

Goff knows the play call and what everyone's doing on that play. He also knows what Hendy is/isn't capable of. The prob is he is not on top of his protections and it all starts with the pressures. Almost all the mistakes he made in fact were instigated by protections breakdowns up front.

I love Goff but he's a year 5 QB that looks like a rook on some of those plays. I get that people want to defend our QB but c'mon man.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He puts that on Goff when Henderson lets Ogbah have a clear shot. No QB has a chance there.
Yeah this one and another time people are asking Goff to do something that the play call isn't designed for in a fraction of a second when getting lit up by a free rusher.
Peoples agendas are showing.
(Not yours @Merlin )

He had his worst game of the year and had some terrible luck. Its happened to plenty of other QBs.

I heard one analyst talk about Lamar Jackson and say "yeah he had 3 interceptions and took some sacks he didn't have to but he still played well"
Goff can't get a fucking ounce of credit when he is on fire but when he struggles the talking heads and fans come out like wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.