Rams at Dolphins vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agreed.
But no. He's not bad enough to start looking for another QB. We can win with him. He just needs a lot more supporting cast than the actual, real, elite QBs.
You are correct!

Goff needs much more supporting cast but he is being paid like a real elite QB something that Goff will NEVER be! His paid salary prevents the ability to provide much of the needed supporting cast to come close to win a championship. That situation passed the Rams bye in Feb 2019 before his new contract.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Their pass defense was lights out.
We can shoot ourselves in the foot and they can do a great job against us at the same time.
Their D is legit, no doubt, but if a team doesn't score a TD offensively (I don't even count the one they got because look how they got it) you should never win a game. Our D didn't create quite as many turnovers but they passed for under 100 and rushed for under 60..We should never lose with those #'s.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Their D is legit, no doubt, but if a team doesn't score a TD offensively (I don't even count the one they got because look how they got it) you should never win a game. Our D didn't create quite as many turnovers but they passed for under 100 and rushed for under 60..We should never lose with those #'s.
I agree. No team "should" but the reason we lost is because we couldn't pass against them for the 1st half. And the reason we couldn't pass against them had as much to do with what they did and how well they did it as it had to with the Rams inability.

That was the worst Goff performance as a Ram and simultaneously it was the best defensive coaching I have seen in years.

The 120+ temp on the Rams sideline probably also helped.

Even so, it's an 8 point game if Forfuckssakebath hits that kick.

That kind of score difference in that setting sounds about right.

nighttrain

Legend
reported 140 degrees on Rams side, McVay should have sumpin similar for Flores next time they meet....

train

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
You are correct!

Goff needs much more supporting cast but he is being paid like a real elite QB something that Goff will NEVER be! His paid salary prevents the ability to provide much of the needed supporting cast to come close to win a championship. That situation passed the Rams bye in Feb 2019 before his new contract.

This is a complete fallacy. The defense is solid and mostly paid for. We have fine skill players at WR and RB. We have a locked up TE. We have a developing Oline.

This salary cap scaremongering needs to stop.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What is so unusual about the Rams’ offense right now... you don’t normally see a team with such range from high to low‘s like we’ve shown.

We can march right down the field... or... We can look junior varsity. And, it tends to come in chunks.

That feels scheme to me, and fixable.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I agree. No team "should" but the reason we lost is because we couldn't pass against them for the 1st half. And the reason we couldn't pass against them had as much to do with what they did and how well they did it as it had to with the Rams inability.

That was the worst Goff performance as a Ram and simultaneously it was the best defensive coaching I have seen in years.

The 120+ temp on the Rams sideline probably also helped.

Even so, it's an 8 point game if Forfuckssakebath hits that kick.

That kind of score difference in that setting sounds about right.
Yeah, tuff pill bro. Or, if Everett catches the 3 and 5.
Dolphins have a good D, but we should never lose these games, IMO. Just sucks, 6-2 into the bye week is much different than 5-3 and in the middle of the pack. Seattle is coming and as well as we normally play them, Wilson is on an epic tear this year.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Read somewhere the Rams throw to the middle of the field more than any other team.

That’s when the offense is best (IMO)—Kupp and Woods and even Higbee have been impactful when used that way.
...but that’s not what I saw Sunday.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
You mean the gurley that only played in the NFC Championship game long enough to have a costly fumble? Goff was pure money in that game
The statement I replied to was "getting into the playoffs", not to the Superbowl. Yes, Gurley was a very large part of getting into playoffs in 2017 and 2018. Getting into that championship game you are referring to was because of the tag team duo of CJ and Gurley. Without them, they do not make it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The statement I replied to was "getting into the playoffs", not to the Superbowl. Yes, Gurley was a very large part of getting into playoffs in 2017 and 2018. Getting into that championship game you are referring to was because of the tag team duo of CJ and Gurley. Without them, they do not make it.
Gurley didnt play the last 2 games of the season. And by the way, how is Gurley doing without Goff?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
That's an excuse dieter so gonna disagree with you here.

Goff knows the play call and what everyone's doing on that play. He also knows what Hendy is/isn't capable of. The prob is he is not on top of his protections and it all starts with the pressures. Almost all the mistakes he made in fact were instigated by protections breakdowns up front.

I love Goff but he's a year 5 QB that looks like a rook on some of those plays. I get that people want to defend our QB but c'mon man.
Without knowing the exact playcall/protection its impossible to know for sure. All it would take is a miscommunication between goff and the oline and this would happen again this blitz. The only ppl who know for sure are the rams players

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Gurley didnt play the last 2 games of the season. And by the way, how is Gurley doing without Goff?

Yes, he was rested to finish the regular season, then put up 125 yards on the Cowboys.

As for now, Gurley had the lead in rushing touchdowns when the Falcons won...but not the Gurley we all loved.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, he was rested to finish the regular season, then put up 125 yards on the Cowboys.

As for now, Gurley had the lead in rushing touchdowns when the Falcons won...but not the Gurley we all loved.

He wasnt being rested, they were coming off 2 losses in a row and the whole Gurley drama began. In any event, the point being argued was that Gurley had more to do with making the playoffs than Goff. In 2018, that is just not true. After the KC game, the Rams at 10-1, Goff was the talk of the town

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
On a positive note... I'm happy that I decided not to head down to South Florida to take this one in live. I was planning on it too... but the wife and I are spending this weekend at the beach instead (our anniversary).

Still have the MNF game vs Tampon coming up... but I have a friend telling me that the cheapest seats (major nosebleed section) are over $400. I've leave those for the Tampon diehards to fight over. I like to sit close behind the Ram bench, but I'm not gonna pay Super Bowl level prices for a ticket to that game. I guess the limited number of seats is causing a MAJOR increase in demand and prices.

nighttrain

Legend
On a positive note... I'm happy that I decided not to head down to South Florida to take this one in live. I was planning on it too... but the wife and I are spending this weekend at the beach instead (our anniversary).

Still have the MNF game vs Tampon coming up... but I have a friend telling me that the cheapest seats (major nosebleed section) are over $400. I've leave those for the Tampon diehards to fight over. I like to sit close behind the Ram bench, but I'm not gonna pay Super Bowl level prices for a ticket to that game. I guess the limited number of seats is causing a MAJOR increase in demand and prices.
stay at home, going to Tampa probably not the best of times

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
He wasnt being rested, they were coming off 2 losses in a row and the whole Gurley drama began. In any event, the point being argued was that Gurley had more to do with making the playoffs than Goff. In 2018, that is just not true. After the KC game, the Rams at 10-1, Goff was the talk of the town

No disputing Goff being the talk of the town, you're absolutely right.

Gurley was rested - recap of Week 17

The Rams defense recorded four turnovers (including two interceptions by linebacker Cory Littleton) in the first half to help build a 31-10 halftime lead as Los Angeles secured a first round bye with the regular season-ending victory. Cornerback Aqib Talib picked up a fumble on the 49ers' opening possession, and Littleton intercepted a Nick Mullens pass on the next. Both turnovers were returned inside the 49er 20 to set up Rams touchdowns. Early in the second quarter, Littleton picked off his second pass of the day and returned it 19 yards for a score. The defense collected three sacks, with defensive tackle Aaron Donald getting one to end his season as the NFL's leader in quarterback sacks with 20.5, though he ultimately fell short of the NFL single season record of 22.5. Offensively, the Rams went turnover-free for the first time in six games, as quarterback Jared Goff threw for 199 yards and four touchdowns, two each to wide receivers Brandin Cooks and Josh Reynolds, while C. J. Anderson totaled 23 carries for 132 yards and a touchdown in relief of Todd Gurley, who sat out a second straight game. Greg Zuerlein added two field goals for the Rams, who swept the NFC West for the first time since their 1999 Super Bowl-winning season and equaled their win total from that year.

Awards and honors
RecipientAward(s)
Greg ZuerleinWeek 1: NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
Blake CountessWeek 3: NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
Jared GoffWeek 4: NFC Offensive Player of the Week
September: NFC Offensive Player of the Month
Todd GurleyWeek 6: NFC Offensive Player of the Week
Week 6: FedEx Ground Player of the Week
October: NFC Offensive Player of the Month
Week 13: NFC Offensive Player of the Week
Aaron DonaldWeek 7: NFC Defensive Player of the Week
October: NFC Defensive Player of the Month
Week 16: NFC Defensive Player of the Week
December: NFC Defensive Player of the Month
AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year
Samson EbukamWeek 11: NFC Defensive Player of the Week
C.J. AndersonWeek 16: NFC Offensive Player of the Week

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Three way tie for second in TD along with the lowest ypc in the top 5 of yards second lowest in the top 10. He’s fading right along with most of the Falcons at least he’s doing it closer to home.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And while this thread is about to close don't worry there are about a half dozen other threads to complain about the Rams. Rewatching some of the game again I’m still of the mind they didn’t beat us, we beat ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.