Ram fans in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah - ole bern bern didn't take criticism or even contrary views well. I've never seen a "professional" get their panties in a bunch as easily.
He surely did...I was bounced for that alone after being a member there for 13 years and it was a permanent ban. Bernie quit soon after that too...lol.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I went to a number of games up in The STL.

The loudest crowd I ever experienced happened there at the 2001 NFC Championship game vs the iggles. I was screaming as loud as I possibly could and I couldn't hear myself at all because of the crowd noise. Absolutely insane.

I had great seats for that game... Kurt's wife was only a few seats away from us. I still have the towel that the Dome handed out for that one.

I really miss some of our Brethren from the STL. We lost some excellent posters and peeps because of the move back to LA. I hope that the HORNS pull em back to us again someday soon and unite our RAMily again!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went to a number of games up in The STL.

The loudest crowd I ever experienced happened there at the 2001 NFC Championship game vs the iggles. I was screaming as loud as I possibly could and I couldn't hear myself at all because of the crowd noise. Absolutely insane.

I had great seats for that game... Kurt's wife was only a few seats away from us. I still have the towel that the Dome handed out for that one.

I really miss some of our Brethren from the STL. We lost some excellent posters and peeps because of the move back to LA. I hope that the HORNS pull em back to us again someday soon and unite our RAMily again!
I know...It's a sad read in old threads seeing all the members who haven't posted since 2015, many of which were fun people. I miss them.

RamWoodie

Legend
I was born and raised in Chicago. I've been a Ram fan since about 1966...so I've rode them from LA, to Anaheim, to Stl, and back to LA.

RAMS 'TIL I DIE!!! (y)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they could have handled the move, but the way that it was handled I think stung
I love the Rams, but have little regard for the owner. The way that was handled was, IMO, atrocious.

The fans were some of the nicest I have ever seen.
Good place w/good people.
the people we met there were all great and fun to hang with.
I really miss some of our Brethren from the STL. We lost some excellent posters and peeps because of the move back to LA.
I miss them.
I was fortunate enough to attend a few games in STL. And these comments reflect what I experienced.
Just great people who loved their team.

I became a Rams fan back in the mid-60's, growing up in NJ. Never lived anywhere near LA or STL. I wondered if the move from LA to STL would change my devotion, but I quickly learned it would not.

So... now they're back in LA and I'm fine with that. Nothing in the past 50+ years has changed my devotion.... guess nothing ever will.

But I do miss many members from a previous board who were from STL and I had the pleasure to meet. I wish it could have been worked out to keep them there and I am still upset with how it was handled. Here's the the STL Rams fans.
:cheers:

Now... I have to mention how the move from LA to STL was handled. I was younger and had lots of things going on, so I didn't really pay that much attention to the "hows" and "whys" but I've read enough now to understand that that move was also mishandled badly. So, I think I can understand some of the bitterness about Frontiere and that whole mess from LA fans.

Clearly, this franchise isn't good at moving :LOL:

So... what remains on this board is a mix of great fans that stayed with the team after they left LA, great fans that stayed with the team after STL and great fans from other part of the country that have been loyal to the Rams.

Here's to all of you/us and here's to a well earned victory tomorrow night!!
Drinks all around!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Good point... but maybe not take a big dump on the city you're leaving as you board the plane?

Amen!

Having many friends back in STL...I'm from there....it was the smear campaign and lies by Kronke and Demoff that torqued everyone off....
- In 2010 when he took control of the team, Stan saying in effect that as a MO boy he was all about STL
- Kronke saying in late 2013/early 2014 he wanted to stay and was looking at every way possible to do that and also having Demoff say they were committed. Then after the move was approved, STL hears the quote from Stan that was along the lines of... as he stood looking at the Hollywood Park site in 2013 at 2am, he knew that's where the team needed to be, he called Demoff and shared the news.
- Buying the Hollywood Park site and saying it wasn't for a stadium
- Saying STL was only a baseball town and couldn't support 3 teams (Blues, Cards, Rams). Well Stan, put sh*t on the field for 10 years and you're surprised people are upset and don't show you the love?​

Water under the bridge. Bottom line...if he had an honest discussion with the city and the fans that...
- he was in it for the money
- as long as the NFL approved it he was moving the team
- regardless of what STL did, he still planned to move the team

...the fans and city would have felt less slandered and respected the honesty.

So while I root for the team and coaches and staff....ie the football guys....if Kronke and Demoff dropped off the face of the earth tomorrow I could care less and might even raise a glass to toast the good fortune.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
OK Guys...

Let's keep this thread from drifting off topic.

I'm thanking you in advance for doing your part.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Well since I'm retiring to Missouri this summer I'll be one of you all pretty soon, drivin round with Rams gear on making some of the locals shake their heads. :p

Do you Missouri types ever get together and watch the games?

In Springfield, MO..they have a Ozark Boosters Club and they meet for games.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Looks like it's going to be Salem. Not final just yet but good chance.

My parents just moved last week to Republic, MO (small town near Springfield)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Here are a couple pics from our New Orleans trip to see the Rams. Despite the loss one of the best games i've seen in person. That stadium is loud and the fans our great true southern hospitality. Talked it up with a couple Saint fans and a guy bought me and my buddy a beer told us if we get back for the playoffs to sit with them again. Great weekend trip took the family ate good saw the sites truly enjoyable.

View attachment 27778 View attachment 27779 View attachment 27780

Looks like you had a blast @Big Game. That's a fun city to spend a long weekend in and about.

And it looks like the guy in the Bradford jersey is high.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In Springfield, MO..they have a Ozark Boosters Club and they meet for games.

Sounds like a plan. Come next season I'm down for watching some games even if it comes with a bit of a drive. (y)

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like a plan. Come next season I'm down for watching some games even if it comes with a bit of a drive. (y)

Merlin I am about 20 minutes from Salem. Give me a shout and i will make the drive with you. Salem is a nice town by the way.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I created the Suh or Bradford thread before the draft that year, tallying votes at the Ramstalk. I forget how many pages that thread was, but I spent a lot of time doing it and it was very fun. If memory serves, Bradford narrowly won out, although I voted for Suh myself.
Suh was my vote but I was happy with sadford. Either way we got screwed, eh? I think McCoy was the best option

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
In St Louis, we saw -

2nd Panther game in 98
Giants game in 99
Vikings in 00
9ers in 01
Cards in 02
Vikes in 03
9ers in 04

My son’s HS team won a state championship in 04

Cards in 05
9ers in 06

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I have a lot of respect for the St Louis fans who have remained and I hope that those who haven't yet will return. There's a lot of back and forth on other parts of the internet between St Louis fans who are now very anti-Kroenke and anti-Rams.... I can relate to losing a team, but some of the more vicious and insulting folks, I question whether they were even real fans to begin with, beyond the team just being in their city. It's great to interact with real fans who have stuck with the team through whatever moves, and regardless of their they may live. As others have mentioned I remember a lot of really fun fans from other boards who don't seem to have stuck with the team...hopefully one day they will feel comfortable re-joining the Ramily…..

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I've been a fan since 1972.. When they moved to the Lou, that was cool. But them leaving bothered me at first, but time heals the wounds. What bothered me was the greed in it all. I'll always be a Ram fan. Peace.. :cool:

RAMBUSH

Starter
Curious to know if there are still many St. Louis Rams fans on these boards and still cheering and pulling for the Rams. Also, are there many Rams fans in St. Louis and the surrounding communities still fans who get together and watch the games? I recall reading in the Los Angeles Times about a group of friends in Illinois who used to leave their homes in an RV at 5 in the morn to arrive in time to tailgate at the Edward Jones Dome before the big games. Are they still Ram fans? Do they make the trip to Los Angeles to watch the team in person?

Please LMK.

Thanks SLR - Ram fan since Harland Svare was their coach and remained a die-hard fan while the team was based in the Midwest.
How could you not root for the Rams . Its all in the horns....