Ram fans in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Curious to know if there are still many St. Louis Rams fans on these boards and still cheering and pulling for the Rams. Also, are there many Rams fans in St. Louis and the surrounding communities still fans who get together and watch the games? I recall reading in the Los Angeles Times about a group of friends in Illinois who used to leave their homes in an RV at 5 in the morn to arrive in time to tailgate at the Edward Jones Dome before the big games. Are they still Ram fans? Do they make the trip to Los Angeles to watch the team in person?

Please LMK.

Thanks SLR - Ram fan since Harland Svare was their coach and remained a die-hard fan while the team was based in the Midwest.

STLRamsfan

UDFA
Name
Rodney
Curious to know if there are still many St. Louis Rams fans on these boards and still cheering and pulling for the Rams. Also, are there many Rams fans in St. Louis and the surrounding communities still fans who get together and watch the games? I recall reading in the Los Angeles Times about a group of friends in Illinois who used to leave their homes in an RV at 5 in the morn to arrive in time to tailgate at the Edward Jones Dome before the big games. Are they still Ram fans? Do they make the trip to Los Angeles to watch the team in person?

Please LMK.

Thanks SLR - Ram fan since Harland Svare was their coach and remained a die-hard fan while the team was based in the Midwest.
I am still a fan even after the move away and love my rams!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I am still a fan even after the move away and love my rams!

Although I live in Alaska I grew up in STL and became a real fan when Vermeil was hired. The 2000 team was something else. Now we have another chance at a magical year.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea it’s definitely a lot of us that still root for the team and get together every Sunday to watch them play.

Big Game

Living The Dream
yes sir.. me and my Buddies make one trip a Year out to LA to attend a game. This year we going to Chicago and New Orleans for the Game. Last year we went to the season opener vs Indy and also the Titian game.

Attachments

• LA1.JPG
    LA1.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 184
  • LA2.JPG
    LA2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 175
  • LA3.JPG
    LA3.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 181

Psycho_X

Legend
I recall reading in the Los Angeles Times about a group of friends in Illinois who used to leave their homes in an RV at 5 in the morn to arrive in time to tailgate at the Edward Jones Dome before the big games. Are they still Ram fans? Do they make the trip to Los Angeles to watch the team in person?

If I know who you are talking about it was actually a group of people a couple hours into Illinois who took the Rams bus down to tailgate. And no, I don't think they are fans anymore last I heard. But there are still a scattered amount of us local fans throughout Missouri and Illinois. Definitely a minority at this point lol. Most people I know who were Rams fans simply stopped watching the NFL or rooting for a team in general.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep still around. But I am a bad example since I have been a Rams fan from the age of five or six. 58 now. Use to post quite often on several boards but the taint of St Louis on you seems to call in to question whether you are a real fan or not. Not here, but elsewhere. Will remain a Rams fan till they shovel dirt over me.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
I am still a fan. I know a few people who are still fans. I honestly could not imagine rooting for another team. If you see a Jeep driving around with LA Ramz as the license plate, that is me. Feel free to honk or flip me off, whichever..ha

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I consider myself a St Louis Rams fan - even though I haven't lived in the Lou since 2005. Most of my friends and family back in STL have jumped ship. I think they could have handled the move, but the way that it was handled I think stung - possibly unnecessarily so.

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
I still follow the Rams, although not quite with the same fervor as when they were here in St. Louis. I feel like I suffered enough through the crappy years (Linehan, Spags) that I can righteously enjoy the teams current success.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I am from STL but now live in Springfield, MO. I still root for them. In this region, there a lot of Chiefs fan. I just cannot root for them. It would be really weird. It was the first NFL team I have rooted for and will be the last. I have said this in other posts, but I can be pissed all I want at Stan, but the contract that STL put out was stupid AF.

We actually have a group that is here in the Ozarks. The Ozark Booster Rams Club

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Great to hear there are Still Rams Fans in St Louis despite the move back to LA. Though I hated the Rams owner for trading ED and trying her best to make the Rams a crappy team, It never crossed my mind to NOT be a Ram Fan when they moved to St. Louis. I'm a Ram Fan, not an LA fan.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Great to hear there are Still Rams Fans in St Louis despite the move back to LA. Though I hated the Rams owner for trading ED and trying her best to make the Rams a crappy team, It never crossed my mind to NOT be a Ram Fan when they moved to St. Louis. I'm a Ram Fan, not an LA fan.
@ozarkram The group can be found on Facebook

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Still some anger towards ownership but still love my Rams. I tried to watch the Bears but yawn.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I am still a fan. I know a few people who are still fans. I honestly could not imagine rooting for another team. If you see a Jeep driving around with LA Ramz as the license plate, that is me. Feel free to honk or flip me off, whichever..ha
It's a Jeep thing :)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Still here, my weekends are so busy I'm usually just watching the game by late Sunday/Monday night - but I am a little curious what bars Rams fans in St. Louis go to.

I'll always cheer for the mid western teams - so long as they're not playing the Rams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Per Hall of Fame Owner Dan Reeves: "I had more fun losing with Harland Svare, than I ever had winning with George Allen."

Reeves:
latest

Svare:
b1f73398115303a803d4c914bc5e0e20.jpg

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Still some anger towards ownership but still love my Rams. I tried to watch the Bears but yawn.
When the Rams left LA for the Lou I tried to disown them. Had been watching them since '69 and was devastated with the move. That was the first year for the Jags and Panthers, so I said fuck it.. I'll be a Jags fan. That lasted all of about 5 minutes. I couldn't stop being a Rams fan.... I'm not wired that way. Same with all other sports teams for me. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, Kings for life.