Ram fans in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well since I'm retiring to Missouri this summer I'll be one of you all pretty soon, drivin round with Rams gear on making some of the locals shake their heads. :p

Do you Missouri types ever get together and watch the games?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I never did get the three piece suits and ties on a coach.

A football field is not an office.

:hiding:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well since I'm retiring to Missouri this summer I'll be one of you all pretty soon, drivin round with Rams gear on making some of the locals shake their heads. :p

Do you Missouri types ever get together and watch the games?
Yes we do what area are you retiring too

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm one of many who never lived in LA or STL, but have been a Rams fan since forever. That said, the only home game I ever saw of the Rams was in the Lou back in 2001, and that place was ROCKIN'. Loudest crowd I've ever heard. Good place w/good people.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm one of many who never lived in LA or STL, but have been a Rams fan since forever. That said, the only home game I ever saw of the Rams was in the Lou back in 2001, and that place was ROCKIN'. Loudest crowd I've ever heard. Good place w/good people.

I remember the pre-game vs the Vikings when they cut to Madden & Summerall and Madden's face you could see the shock at how loud the stadium and press booth was rockin. Don't know if they measured it but damn it must have been ear splitting in there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Madden said the dome versus the Vikings in the 99 playoffs was the loudest he has ever heard a stadium.

I went to STL in 2002, yes after the bitter SB loss I wanted to see them in person.

It was so fucking loud it almost felt like it was effecting your equilibrium. And blurring your vision.

It was Week 2 versus the Giants.

I swear it was the loudest stadium I've been in for a football game, and outside of a playoff game or two when LeBron was with the Cavs on their way to the finals (I think his third year), and that's a domed venue with 20K people so it's smaller with a way lower roof and it felt as loud but I dunno. In that big stadium that amount of noise was noteworthy. Especially when the Giants were in the huddle and at the LOS on offense.

I've been to a a handful of games and many concerts in STL, DET, CLE, MILW, TAM, SWFL and other venues/games. Nothing has topped it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Madden said the dome versus the Vikings in the 99 playoffs was the loudest he has ever heard a stadium.

I went to STL in 2002, yes after the bitter SB loss I wanted to see them in person.

It was so freaking loud it almost felt like it was effecting your equilibrium. And blurring your vision.

It was Week 2 versus the Giants.

I swear it was the loudest stadium I've been in for a football game, and outside of a playoff game or two when LeBron was with the Cavs on their way to the finals (I think his third year), and that's a domed venue with 20K people so it's smaller with a way lower roof and it felt as loud but I dunno. In that big stadium that amount of noise was noteworthy. Especially when the Giants were in the huddle and at the LOS on offense.

I've been to a a handful of games and many concerts in STL, DET, CLE, MILW, TAM, SWFL and other venues/games. Nothing has topped it.
Yeah, it was like that when I went too. It was against the Panthers with about 66,000 people there. In less than two minutes, Faulk scores a 71 yard rushing TD, and it stayed loud the rest of the game. Never saw George Seifert look more sad (and it was glorious). 3 different RBs scored, Aeneas picked one off right in front of me and ran it back for a TD, and I saw the great Sir Isaac the Bruce score. Then, afterward, I went outside the Drury (where we stayed) and shook hands with several players as they were leaving. So it was a pretty great day.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, it was like that when I went too. It was against the Panthers with about 66,000 people there. In less than two minutes, Faulk scores a 71 yard rushing TD, and it stayed loud the rest of the game. Never saw George Seifert look more sad (and it was glorious). 3 different RBs scored, Aeneas picked one off right in front of me and ran it back for a TD, and I saw the great Sir Isaac the Bruce score. Then, afterward, I went outside the Drury (where we stayed) and shook hands with several players as they were leaving. So it was a pretty great day.

Monday Night Football IN CLE when the Rams came to town was also loud.

But got quiet thanks to AWilliams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I remember going to the Saints game in 1999. Loudest crowd I've ever heard.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Amazing all the names I remember from thee old board. I recall the great Suh - Bradford debate ..... good times.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I lived in LA from 1960 to 1962

Then TULSA
Then Little Rock ever since ‘64

My Dad was a college friend of Eddie Meador

Eddie sent me a ball from the ‘69 team that I still own

Rams were closer to me in St Louis but I always felt they belonged in LA, where they were my heroes

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Amazing all the names I remember from thee old board. I recall the great Suh - Bradford debate ..... good times.
I created the Suh or Bradford thread before the draft that year, tallying votes at the Ramstalk. I forget how many pages that thread was, but I spent a lot of time doing it and it was very fun. If memory serves, Bradford narrowly won out, although I voted for Suh myself.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Here are a couple pics from our New Orleans trip to see the Rams. Despite the loss one of the best games i've seen in person. That stadium is loud and the fans our great true southern hospitality. Talked it up with a couple Saint fans and a guy bought me and my buddy a beer told us if we get back for the playoffs to sit with them again. Great weekend trip took the family ate good saw the sites truly enjoyable.

New Orleans 3.jpg
New Orleans 2.jpg
New Orleans 1.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I created the Suh or Bradford thread before the draft that year, tallying votes at the Ramstalk. I forget how many pages that thread was, but I spent a lot of time doing it and it was very fun. If memory serves, Bradford narrowly won out, although I voted for Suh myself.
Weren't there about a hundred of them? They didn't exactly moderate that hole aside from getting rid of those who either argued with them or posted curse words.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I will say that even though the dome was only about half full during the game I went to (opening day of their last season in the Lou) it was still very loud. I really wish I could have gone to a game there during the GSOT years and when they weren't expected to be leaving. Also, the people we met there were all great and fun to hang with. I remember one particular server at the Embassy Suites where @Selassie I , @CGI_Ram , and our families were staying. She wore her Rams gear proudly and was a real kick.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weren't there about a hundred of them? They didn't exactly moderate that hole aside from getting rid of those who either argued with them or posted curse words.
Or for those calling Bernie M. a twit (or worse!) *raises hand

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Or for those calling Bernie M. a twit (or worse!) *raises hand

Yeah - ole bern bern didn't take criticism or even contrary views well. I've never seen a "professional" get their panties in a bunch as easily.