Ram fans in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When the Rams left LA for the Lou I tried to disown them. Had been watching them since '69 and was devastated with the move. That was the first year for the Jags and Panthers, so I said freak it.. I'll be a Jags fan. That lasted all of about 5 minutes. I couldn't stop being a Rams fan.... I'm not wired that way. Same with all other sports teams for me. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, Kings for life.
Right there with you. I thought I would be able to move on but it took me all of one time seeing the horns again to abandone that notion.

Cheers to ALL Rams fans no matter where you call home.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I’m an STL guy. Well an hour away, but still here and kickin!

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
When the Rams left LA for the Lou I tried to disown them. Had been watching them since '69 and was devastated with the move. That was the first year for the Jags and Panthers, so I said freak it.. I'll be a Jags fan. That lasted all of about 5 minutes. I couldn't stop being a Rams fan.... I'm not wired that way. Same with all other sports teams for me. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, Kings for life.

Pretty much the exact same for me. Tried but couldn't quit them. I never dropped the cities name with the move. They have always been the Los Angeles Rams to me. We just use to play our home in games in St Louis. :)

Would try to make it back to St Louis once a year for a game. The fans were some of the nicest I have ever seen. And were genuinely excited for this Los Angeles fans loyalty to the team.

I remember how much forgiveness happened in 1999 with some of the loyalists. I suppose our new winning ways will do the same for many of the fans who were original St Louis fans.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Great to hear there are Still Rams Fans in St Louis despite the move back to LA. Though I hated the Rams owner for trading ED and trying her best to make the Rams a crappy team, It never crossed my mind to NOT be a Ram Fan when they moved to St. Louis. I'm a Ram Fan, not an LA fan.

Many of us here aren't in LA or STL.

I remember when the Browns left CLE. Essentially everyone I knew was a Browns fan. I don't know any that became fans of a different team, most watched games just as an interested fan of the sport. There were some that stopped watching football, but not many because football is in peoples DNA in NE Ohio.

There are some similarities around the Rams move to LA and Art Modell taking the Browns to Baltimore.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm a local St. Louisan, and my love for the Rams has never diminished.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I lived in St. Louis for 20yrs. Born there. Great city.

Lots of us here.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I grew up between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Never saw anybody else in Rams gear, LOL. Now I live in Atlanta, been a Rams fans since I was 5 years old, way back in 1977. Never felt 100% right when they were in St Louis, but was always a fan. I suppose it is because I grew up with the LA Rams, that it just seemed right when they moved back.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Per Hall of Fame Owner Dan Reeves: "I had more fun losing with Harland Svare, than I ever had winning with George Allen."

Reeves:
latest

Svare:
b1f73398115303a803d4c914bc5e0e20.jpg
Yep, I remember. Allen was a control freak and believed in a team loaded with veterans. He would trade rookie draft picks for veterans with experience and that didn't sit well with Reeves. Besides, Svare was a nice-looking man. But George Allen was certainly animated on the sidelines and with the media. and fans.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Allen was certainly animated on the sidelines and with the media. and fans.

I concur about draft choices as Dan Reeves did quite a bit of work developing scouting as the Rams were one of the first organizations and George Herbert Allen was a teetotaler as he favorite beverage was milk, Reeves like to partake in adult beverages and I'm betting Svare did as well.

When I was younger, I thought former Ram head coaches ended up in San Diego, like Sid Gillman, Harland Svare and Tommy Prothro.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
I grew up between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Never saw anybody else in Rams gear, LOL. Now I live in Atlanta, been a Rams fans since I was 5 years old, way back in 1977. Never felt 100% right when they were in St Louis, but was always a fan. I suppose it is because I grew up with the LA Rams, that it just seemed right when they moved back.

Mine is even more interesting than yours.I have lived in kansas city my whole life right down the road from st louis.I never liked the chiefs,other than when Montana was here.I grew to like Montana cause i have such fond memories of always seeing those monday night games between the niners and Rams.Man those were exciting times.

I have lived in KC my whole life so physically i have lived here in KC my whole life but california is my favorite state so my HEART has always been in LA especially since I am a movie buff. when the Rams left LA I was so depressed,most depressing moment in my life.

Hearing them called anything other than LOS ANGELES Rams,it just did not sound right.

People would ask me why I was so depressed telling me thy would be closer for me to see and i would tell them-I dont care. I wont cheer for a Rams team not called Los Angeles Rams. To me the Rams being anywhere else other than LA thats like the yankees leaving for new york for orlando. For me,they just are not the Rams if they dont play in LA.It was justice for me when they moved back.one of the few things the NFL has ever done right IMO.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Became a Rams fan upon the move to STL in 1995. Worked/Attended all games during the GSOT era. Great experience. Stayed a fan during those way to many lean years.
The move was all about business. Did not take it personally as many of the local STL fans seemed to, and still do. Will not, however, support the NFL in any way financially. Did not get mad, am getting even, at least on the financial side.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Per Hall of Fame Owner Dan Reeves: "I had more fun losing with Harland Svare, than I ever had winning with George Allen."

Reeves:
latest

Svare:
b1f73398115303a803d4c914bc5e0e20.jpg
Svare was indeed a handsome man. It was cool that he and his staff wore ties while on the sidelines. My dad would get dressed up to go to the games and so did everyone around us. I wanted to wear jeans but he said that would be disrespectful to our team and to the game. (How times have changed dept.)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Svare was indeed a handsome man. It was cool that he and his staff wore ties while on the sidelines. My dad would get dressed up to go to the games and so did everyone around us. I wanted to wear jeans but he said that would be disrespectful to our team and to the game. (How times have changed dept.)

That's a great story @JackKirbyFan thank you for sharing...I used to love the Coaches that donned the suites, blue blazers with the crest (Hank Stram) and college coaches that wore the ties like Vince Dooley, Charley Pell and Jackie Sherrill for example.

EasyE

Starter

that is my story kinda, I was born in Jax and I tried to become a Jag fan ( the Rams stunk around this time, I had had enough!)....I could not do it...always peeking at the Rams...

Horns is my home

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a great story @JackKirbyFan thank you for sharing...I used to love the Coaches that donned the suites, blue blazers with the crest (Hank Stram) and college coaches that wore the ties like Vince Dooley, Charley Pell and Jackie Sherrill for example.
"We're gonna matriculate the ball down the field, boys..." ~ Hank Stram