Raiders trade Amari Cooper to Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wow.
Inexcusable.

Yeah. This is why I say that while everyone is lighting Gruden up for trying to hasten a rebuild by getting picks for guys they probably won't be able to keep around long-term, what he's doing actually makes sense.

That roster needs a lot of work.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah. This is why I say that while everyone is lighting Gruden up for trying to hasten a rebuild by getting picks for guys they probably won't be able to keep around long-term, what he's doing actually makes sense.

That roster needs a lot of work.
Yeah, I know what he's doing and why he's doing it. He's gonna be WILDLY unpopular his first year or two as he tries to get his own guys in, but I think he'll end up assembling a good team by year 3. Problem is, fans just don't have the patience anymore. They're already turning on him in a big way too. That said, the world would be a better place if all fans had the resolute patience of Rams fans. We know how to keep our eye on the prize.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gruden can get fired and he'll still be laughing making $90 mil for 9 years doing nothing.
I think it's getting safer and safer to say that re-tread HCs who were successful years ago don't work well.

Vermiel notwithstanding... although he came dangerously close to never realizing his renaissance.

You're better off rolling the dice with a younger kid-coach with some experience at the pro level ;););)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Couple of things about Amari Cooper for the Rams.

First, some of the Cooper descriptions are eerily similar to last year’s Watkins descriptions. Seriously.

Second, I think that the Rams have ZERO interest in Cooper, even for a 3rd or 4th. I mean, how does he crack this 3 WR starting lineup that the Rams enjoy?

I’m hoping that Snead is focused on an edge player, not a damned WR.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is Snead and McVay. I think they kick the tires, and try to lowball the Raiders, if they can fit Cooper under the cap.

One thing we've seen this year is that it's possible our great receivers can get injured.

Besides, if they make an offer, it at least may raise the price for anybody else trying to trade for him.

janthony6

UDFA
Cooper never expects Carr to throw him the ball. He doesn’t ever complain about touches but he runs open frequently and doesn’t get the ball. I don’t blame him for not thinking Carr would throw it when he had triple coverage!

Think about that - triple coverage! Someone else was wide open. That someone else was Martavis Bryant who had a LB chasing him. Easy throw 15-20 yards down field to Martavis for a TD.

Team that gets Amari is going to win that trade.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is Snead and McVay. I think they kick the tires, and try to lowball the Raiders, if they can fit Cooper under the cap.

I don't think any team--including the Rams--would be averse to bringing in Amari if he's affordable. He'd be a rental though for us, as we're already paying Cooks & Woods, and Goff is waiting in the wings. No way the Rams would pony up more money in the WR group at this point given how good the production of our top 3 have been.

But personally I would not go after him. I don't like where his head is at right now, talent isn't everything and where the Rams' needs lie this offseason are mostly on defense. So using a round 2 pick on a one year rental WR when our wideouts are in good shape is basically taking from the defense. I prefer to see them get some draft capital invested on that side of the ball.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coopers base pay this year is stupidly cheap. But his fifth year option for next year was picked up for about $14 million which is too much.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper never expects Carr to throw him the ball. He doesn’t ever complain about touches but he runs open frequently and doesn’t get the ball. I don’t blame him for not thinking Carr would throw it when he had triple coverage!

Jeff Fisher would have probably made a similar excuse for that type of thing. But Gruden won't. And I have to think his wunderkind HC offspring McVay wouldn't either.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t want to see him end up on the Eagles.

Was thinking the Patriots. It would be something they'd do, trade for Cooper and use him this year than trade him again after he gets some nice stats with Brady the rest of the year before they have to pay him and recoup their draft pick if not upgrade it.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Let me put it this way.

If I were asked to name a position that needed to add an outside player to bring it up to snuff?

Ummmmm...

WR would probably be one of my last position groups to be named.

Our current 3 starters are elite. And I don’t use that word lightly. Cooks, Woods, and Kupp are simply PERFECT for this McVay O.

dang

Legend
Don't see Amari Cooper as a 4th receiver for the Rams but I would like to see someone a little more effective than Reynolds join the crew. Reynolds has some speed but I haven't seen him show much as a receiver.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders are a complete mess, but they have Gruden and I'm sure he will have them on the straight and narrow next year.....Gruden wanted to Coach the Raiders in the worst way and he has!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That would be 1 too many Coopers in our WR group.
Pharoh will come back someday.
2 Coopers 1 Kupp is enough.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Don't see Amari Cooper as a 4th receiver for the Rams but I would like to see someone a little more effective than Reynolds join the crew. Reynolds has some speed but I haven't seen him show much as a receiver.
And just how much have we seen what Josh Reynolds can do? He nor anyone else is going to crack the top three receivers in Woods, Cooks, and Kupp. The only way we're going to know what Reynolds can truly do is it one of the top three are injured. Ta da! So we finally get to see what Josh can do, and now everyone wants to replace him before he's even given a chance to prove himself? Tough crowd! Seems a little unfair to me.