GAME DAY Preseason Week 2 - Texans at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Based on what we have seen up to this point from RG Logan Bruss ... It's not a big hit @ this point this season in our OL ....but its sure is a big hit for the 2023 OL! Bruss was not going to start nor was he going to be the top Swing OG Reserve. At his best, he was going to be the #8th OL'er. Now, who going to win that #8 OL position?

Tremayne Anchrum/ Alaric Jackson/ Chandler Brewer & Jack Snyder will easily fill the void that Bruss leaves! Rookies OT Aj Arcuri & OG/OC Jack Snyder will benefit from this injury.

All that is great, although with our receivers being what they are today, I might seek a trade for a quality veteran OG and give less thought towards re-signing OBj. jmo.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Strong opinions on fringe roster guys are like opinions on underground punk bands.... It's entirely subjective.

Liking a guy for what he is doesn't mean I have to beat a drum for him to start but that kind of extreme opinion posturing is becoming what people expect. It's really stupid.
..... end rant.
Agree, Special teams, the state of a specific player's position group, and whether or not coaches feel a player may be worth protecting or is vulnerable to a claim. The list is long and is really only clearly seen through the purview of a coaching staff

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
All that is great, although with our receivers being what they are today, I might seek a trade for a quality veteran OG and give less thought towards re-signing OBj. jmo.
Would you trade from our WR unit or CB unit?

Snead has a future 2024 #1 draft selection he might be trolling around with:laugh3:. Healthy veteran starting or past starting OG's are hard to find in today's NFL.

The OG position is a real concern if the Rams were to have starting OG's Edwards/Shelton missing a large amount of time due to injury. Plus there's the pending UFA'cy of Edwards.

This also places much more pressure on ensuring the Rams have a legit backup center position besides Coleman Shelton.

So your posted suggestion has strong merit.:thinking:

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Snead has a future 2024 #1 draft selection he might be trolling around with:laugh3:

We got Corbett for a 5'th, although this time I'd prefer a quality vet who can genuinely help our pitiful rush game. I don't sacrifice a WR, but a draft pick plus someone like Rapp perhaps ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That would be nice but sadly with SS types you can get them every draft and well into them. Rapp will probably find a defense that suits himself after he is cut at some point and might end up being a good player in this league. But he won't have much value for us in trade which is probably why they have kept him.

This post of course ensures that Rapp has a Pro Bowl season as a cover nightmare to make me look like a dumbass. But if so I will take that one gladly. :laugh3:

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Goddammit.
fuck me the relationtrip GIF by The Orchard Films

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
1) I know it's the pre-season but I want to win. All the time. Every game.

2) That last TD drive by HOU was just brutal. 1st & 26 inside their own 20 and let them march down the field...

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Snead has a future 2024 #1 draft selection he might be trolling around with:laugh3:. Healthy veteran starting or past starting OG's are hard to find in today's NFL.

The OG position is a real concern if the Rams were to have starting OG's Edwards/Shelton missing a large amount of time due to injury. Plus there's the pending UFA'cy of Edwards.

This also places much more pressure on ensuring the Rams have a legit backup center position besides Coleman Shelton.

So your posted suggestion has strong merit.:thinking:
Hope you don't mind me chiming in. I don't see either of those two position groups netting a starting OG. I would think it would be a player and a pick to make this happen unless it was someone like Jefferson and I personally find that to be highly unlikely

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree with you that I don't view Safford's elbow as a major issue a the moment.

However, if you watch ESPN, there are a number of so-called "Experts" that have a different opinion.

Just a couple of days ago, NY sportswriter Frank Isola was guest hosting on Get Up and said:
'Stafford has not thrown a pass all training camp'
I could not believe he said something so inaccurate and untruthful and was not corrected.
In fact, "NFL Expert" Dan Graziano agreed with him!
A few minutes later there was video of ... Stafford throwing in camp!!!

Then just yesterday on Get Up, with Mike Greenberg back in the host-chair asked his "Panel of Experts" whether Stafford's elbow was a big deal and concern.
First-up Diana Rusini said it was a really big deal and that 'Stafford was very frustrated'.
Then Jeff Saturday said 'on a Concern Scale of 1-to-10, it was a 12.'
The the third "Expert", Chris Canty agreed that 'it was a huge concern.'

That is the bull-shit ESPN's NFL EXPERTS is feeding its audience. Fucking Amazing.

I was talking to a buddy last night (Jets fan), and he said 'I hear Stafford is hurt'.
I asked him if he heard it on ESPN. He said 'Yes'.
Too many talking heads trying to make themselves seem relevant and none of them are held accountable for their bad takes and predictions.

Guess I should have said no one that matters is concerned.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What it just me or did Robert Rochell look like Jalen Ramsey last night.? The way he backpedalled, then broke on the pass, and then whacked that ball away from the receiver? He's even got the towel hanging between his back legs -lol. We can only hope.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What it just me or did Robert Rochell look like Jalen Ramsey last night.? The way he backpedalled, then broke on the pass, and then whacked that ball away from the receiver? He's even got the towel hanging between his back legs -lol. We can only hope.
He’s got tools to be special and seems to be learning. I’m encouraged.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

The only db in the draft to have better overall measurables than Jalen Ramsey?

Robert Rochell

Same body type, too, so he’s in literally the perfect spot

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Somewhere this past week they made that realization and IMO that is what made McVay elect to play Wolf, which is good because game snaps are > camp snaps.
There was no realization, of course Wolford was going to play in PS. Sure McVay holds the #1 QB out, but he always plays his #2. Mannion played, Bortles played, Wolford played. Clearly they are giving Perkins a chance to show what he's got, but his PT has nothing to do with Wolford. Wolford was going to get real action, and he has.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall these days to know if they experiment with Perkins in other roles, wildcat, RPO etc. I doubt they would put that in game, since they wouldnt want tape on it. IMO, that's the only way he makes the team, if they find an additional role for him

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
There was no realization, of course Wolford was going to play in PS. Sure McVay holds the #1 QB out, but he always plays his #2. Mannion played, Bortles played, Wolford played. Clearly they are giving Perkins a chance to show what he's got, but his PT has nothing to do with Wolford. Wolford was going to get real action, and he has.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall these days to know if they experiment with Perkins in other roles, wildcat, RPO etc. I doubt they would put that in game, since they wouldnt want tape on it. IMO, that's the only way he makes the team, if they find an additional role for him
I thought we would've seen that "weapon" stuff with Perkins last year. He's a hell of an open field runner and I'd love to see him get the ball in space.
But when I do the roster math, I still don't see Perkins making it.