(Poll) Should we hope the Rams lose to get a better draft pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we hope the Rams lose to get a better draft pick?

• Yes

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 96.2%

• Total voters

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If you are gonna lose the game for a better draft pick, just forfiet, dont subject the other teams players to injury.
The Rams must continue their undefeated streak @levis pit.
Its fuckin whiner week, beat them down worse than the raiders last yr. I want to see 60 on the scoreboard, shouldnt be to hard the D should score at least 14 in the 1st half.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
In my opinion, anybody who looks to lose is a loser...Winners become that by giving their best effort each and every game , practice , tape session et al...The idea of even thinking about taking a dive makes me nauseous...

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could never sit in front of my TV and root for a loss . Never have and never will

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So I guess we know we have two Whiner fans on the site lurking in the shadows. Go back under your sheets of cardboard.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I guess we know we have two Whiner fans on the site lurking in the shadows. Go back under your sheets of cardboard.

Don't be mean mod-brother. :grouphug: They may have a good explanation. :sneaky:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Players always fall at the draft whether it is due to injury (Gurley) or people over-obsessing over measurables (Donald). Other players slip through the cracks for no apparent reason and become stars at the NFL level (Richard Sherman). The point is you can get good players anywhere in the draft and Snisher has proven very adept at drafting 1st round.

It's not like one more win will see our 1st round pick drop to the bottom of the round. We also have an extra 2nd from Philly due to the Bradford trade.

The choice is clear. Give me the win over the rival 49ers, finishing the season on a high note to have momentum going into next year, and most importantly a non-losing season to finally take a step towards developing a culture of winning in this organization.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fixed. Now.... whut if they ARE whiner fans?:confused:

I did check the "Allow voters to change their votes" thingy. :) There's also an option for the votes to be shown publicly but that might discourage voting honestly.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I took a trip back in 93 with my dad and brother to candlestick
I was like 21 and first drive Bettis punches it in and we are up by 7 early - so I get up and start yelling at all those silent cheese eating 49er fans and yell at the top of my lungs "Raaaaammmmsss"
Well needless to say the 49ers ran off like 54 straight points on us and for 3 and a half quarters I'm getting all sorts if trash thrown at me and I had to take it....
There are not enough wins against the dreaded Niners that can satisfy my need for VENGEANCE!!!!
8-8!!!!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Once out of the playoffs, I've wanted the Rams to lose in the past for a better draft position. I still cringe over that victory a 2-14 Rams team had over the Browns when Andrew Luck came out.

But, in this case a loss doesn't really help them much anyway. I don't see a Luck in this draft. And to date, the team would have the 18th selection and a loss isn't going to move them up that much, if at all.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No. Never. 8-8 will have a better psyche on the team versus 7-9. Some of the guys we need to re-sign might stay seeing 8-8 as a motivator to get the team to the next level, while still getting a big payday, rather than jumping ship with another losing season. I would and will never want the Rams to lose a game to better themselves in the draft. We can do that through trades, etc.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This looks like a classic case of group-think.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif