(Poll) Should the NFL lift its ban on marijuana?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the NFL lift its ban on marijuana?

• Yes

Votes: 85 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters

Zero

Pro Bowler
Gateway drug....most drug addicts....in prison...what some may consider "monsters" due to their criminal behaviors...claim that the first drug they ever tried was marijuana....did it lead them to other drugs...who knows...but there is a relationship...how strong? That's for society to decide.
You have been listening to too many Reagan speeches.lol
pot is the drug that most people try first.Including the
one's who are not in prison,or even tried any other drugs.
The is no correlation.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have been listening to too many Reagan speeches.lol
pot is the drug that most people try first.Including the
one's who are not in prison,or even tried any other drugs.
The is no correlation.
Actually there is..I read a study this morning where mice could push a button to receive THC in some form. the same mice were just as apt to press buttons where other drugs were dispensed...and they did it over and over.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Well, can't generalize any more than that. I guess alcohol is a 'gateway' to pot, parties are a 'gateway' to alcohol, a preacher parent is the 'gateway' to 'Footloose' dancing at parties.
I can't read any more of your posts riverrum.I feel your posts may
be a gateway to other post's.I am going to my safe place now.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Actually there is..I read a study this morning that a study where mice could push a button to receive THC in some form. the same mice were just as apt to press buttons where other drugs were dispensed...and they did it over and over.
So the mice who could push buttons,pushed other buttons too? wow.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQlcMHhF3w

Opening Scroll: The motion picture you are about to witness may startle you. It would not have been possible, otherwise, to sufficiently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers.

Marihuana is that drug - a violent narcotic - an unspeakable scourge - The Real Public Enemy Number One! Its first effect is sudden violent, uncontrollable laughter, then come dangerous hallucinations - space expands - time slows down, almost stands still... fixed ideas come next, conjuring up monstrous extravagances -

followed by emotional disturbances, the total inability to direct thoughts, the loss of all power to resist physical emotions... leading finally to acts of shocking violence... ending often in incurable insanity. In picturing its soul- destroying effects no attempt was made to equivocate.

The scenes and incidents, while fictionized for the purposes of this story, are based upon actual research into the results of Marihuana addiction. If their stark reality will make you think, will make you aware that something must be done to wipe out this ghastly menace, then the picture will not have failed in its purpose...

Because the dread Marihuana may be reaching forth next for your son or daughter... or yours... or YOURS!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the mice who could push buttons,pushed other buttons too? wow.
They were pleasure button's that they(the mice) self administered. Believe it or not scientists create experiments that test tendencies. I am not telling you to not do pot or anything else, because i could give a fukk in anycase. I gave an example where pushing a THC button for pleasure in a lab controlled environment, led the mice to try other choices that disagreed with your point of view...*shruggs
Ignore it and take another hit on the bong bro....I literally don't care, it's your life.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQlcMHhF3w

Opening Scroll: The motion picture you are about to witness may startle you. It would not have been possible, otherwise, to sufficiently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers.

Marihuana is that drug - a violent narcotic - an unspeakable scourge - The Real Public Enemy Number One! Its first effect is sudden violent, uncontrollable laughter, then come dangerous hallucinations - space expands - time slows down, almost stands still... fixed ideas come next, conjuring up monstrous extravagances -

followed by emotional disturbances, the total inability to direct thoughts, the loss of all power to resist physical emotions... leading finally to acts of shocking violence... ending often in incurable insanity. In picturing its soul- destroying effects no attempt was made to equivocate.

The scenes and incidents, while fictionized for the purposes of this story, are based upon actual research into the results of Marihuana addiction. If their stark reality will make you think, will make you aware that something must be done to wipe out this ghastly menace, then the picture will not have failed in its purpose...

Because the dread Marihuana may be reaching forth next for your son or daughter... or yours... or YOURS!

Comparing this to actual scientific testing is ridiculous, but whatever.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last comments...do what you want as your conscience leads you, cuz it's your life to live...It's obvious that taking the anti-marijuana POV wasn't welcome in the first place, no matter.....I'd rather talk football. PEACE.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I am not telling you to not do pot
Do not smoke it,just do not believe it is as dangerous as the federal
government makes it out to be.Their testing will always be skewed
to fit whatever agenda is at hand.

Pot has been around for a long time
and I do not see any devastation from years of usage.
It is my belief that the people who end up on the harder drugs
would be on them whether pot existed or not. The people who
are in prison,would be there with or without it as well.The true gateway
is a combination genetics and upbringing.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Cannabis is one of the biggest cash crops in the history of mankind.
It should be returned to legal status in US and allowed to compete in a free market.

Similar to premarital sex, it's an indulgence that should be off limits to children.

But since we are all having an Adult conversation about things that should /or should not be banned by the league...
I'm 100% for the banning of Coca Cola. It should be an illegal banned substance for everyone.

297600-coca-cola.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Cannabis is one of the biggest cash crops in the history of mankind.
It should be returned to legal status in US and allowed to compete in a free market.

Similar to premarital sex, it's an indulgence that should be off limits to children.

But since we are all having an Adult conversation about things that should /or should not be banned by the league...
I'm 100% for the banning of Coca Cola. It should be an illegal banned substance for everyone.
Especially so since they removed the Coca from the Cola about a century ago. It's False advertising!

Zodi

Hall of Fame

I asked the question because it doesn't seem rational to think that marijuana would make football a "dirty" sport and a crazy drug like Toradol (with a list of side effects a mile long) doesn't.

It has nothing to do with comparing the two drugs, but rather heavy drug use in the league being accepted by fans already.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I think there's a difference between medicinal cannabis and the weed people smoke. Medicinal cannabis has healing properties while the normal weed just gives you a high of some sort. Any healing they feel smoking weed is probably a placebo effect.

Gotcha, thank you, that would make sense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Comparing this to actual scientific testing is ridiculous, but whatever.

You do understand that the "Reefer Madness" movie was intended to warn young people away from marijuana but was so over the top that it became a huge joke. No one is comparing it to scientific testing. Perhaps you've never watched it.

When I was a teenager during the 60's, my parents and those of their age group would down their drinks all the while lecturing the rest of us about the dangers of drugs. They were correct but went about it the wrong way, so the message went in one ear and out the other. How about we tell youngsters the truth and set a good example at the same time?

NFL players are role models for many young people. This should be considered by the player's union and the NFL before they decide to make any changes in their marijuana policy.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Problem is the NFL is a private org, they can have any rules they wish to have. I totally understand the need to un-ban something harmless like THC, problem is people abuse the hell out of it. I can see players showing up to work stoned, and that's a huge problem because there's really no way to test whether or not they are under the influence at that time. It would turn into a big fiasco and in my opinion would hinder the game. Do i think Marijuana should be illegal? No, but I do think it's a call that should be up to the league, not it's players or fans.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

So you either contradict yourself here or base your perception of the NFL on a lack of actual knowledge, admittedly, and instead, what it "seems" the NFL is "trying" to do. Gotcha.

Yeah, former players definitely know what's up when it comes to the painkiller-to-food ratio of an NFL player. I suggest you look up a former Ram in Kyle Turley, who as we all know, called it quits after back trouble. He faced a lot of demons, mostly summoned by the NFL, as they were "trying" to keep the sport as it is today. Painkillers and steroid injections. Ain't that the life.

The simple answer is just to not test for marijuana. It's not a PED, and people who are against it wouldn't have an axe to grind because there wouldn't be a spotlight on those who are or aren't using pot.

I remember the dude from Buffalo getting suspended because he was prescribed marijuana to help his Chron's disease. That is the definition of absurdity. You have a licensed physician saying "This drug is the best chance at improving this person's quality of life", and the NFL in all of their knowledge, suspends him an entire season-- although his record is otherwise "clean". Stupid stupid stupid.

Very interesting read, for those who don't let pride influence their ability to absorb knowledge:

http://ferrall.radio.cbssports.com/...y-marijuana-has-changed-my-life-for-the-best/

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
C'mon Now we all know pain management is B.S. I understand you may be in the minority but most use it to get stoned.
Addiction affects behavior.
CBD cannabis is growing by leaps and bounds. For good reason. It is one of the most potent anti inflammatory medicines around. I have seen profound positive affects for people.
Do people get med cards to get high? Of course. What difference does that make? Not much.
It is all medicine or drugs depending on how you look at it.
You want to ban a truly destructive drug....alcohol. Pain killers are poison and highly addictive.
This concept that one is drugs and one is medicine because a person in a white coat (who is basically a pill pusher) writes a script for it.....just sort of out dated and lame.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem is the NFL is a private org, they can have any rules they wish to have. I totally understand the need to un-ban something harmless like THC, problem is people abuse the hell out of it. I can see players showing up to work stoned, and that's a huge problem because there's really no way to test whether or not they are under the influence at that time. It would turn into a big fiasco and in my opinion would hinder the game. Do i think Marijuana should be illegal? No, but I do think it's a call that should be up to the league, not it's players or fans.

herein lies the problem. teams don't want players as high as a kite during practice or leading up to the game. this will mean they will test the players to ensure they are clean. stopping the nfl tests for dope will only pass the responsibility onto each individual team to ensure players are turning up to work uninhibited by dope.