Poll Only: Keep the Stache or Not?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Jeff Fisher be Retained at Season's End?

• Total voters

Athos

Legend
The season isn't over yet!
5 games left will show the direction. I truly believe they will win Sunday so there's one down and 4 to go

I don't even really see the benefit of trying to win some games for morale or "feel good" stories.

We're out of the race. Long out of the race. All we're doing now by winning is hurting our chances of bringing in a real QB to develop and no I'm not sold on a guy like Mannion with slow mechanics and similar issues as Foles.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't even really see the benefit of trying to win some games for morale or "feel good" stories.

We're out of the race. Long out of the race. All we're doing now by winning is hurting our chances of bringing in a real QB to develop and no I'm not sold on a guy like Mannion with slow mechanics and similar issues as Foles.
It's just not in my dna to root against my team.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Defensively, you can't intimidate with crushing hits anymore. Try and separate a receiver from the ball at the moment of the catch will probably result in a flag. Rules have evolved to favor the passing game more.
Huh? Really? I think every single team going to the playoffs tries to play this way...and it still works..

FRO

Legend
Other injuries too - Tru Johnson and McDonald have missed some time - Quick not all the way back, Gurley coming off of ACL. Not to mention a blow up at QB. That's a lot to overcome.
He picked the QB. He was the one that pushed the trade.

FRO

Legend
Same here, and it's weird that many folks who would rather tank for draft picks complain that we don't draft well anyway.
It's easier to get the next Donald or Gurley when you aren't picking in the late teens.

Athos

Legend
Same here, and it's weird that many folks who would rather tank for draft picks complain that we don't draft well anyway.

Not when you expect Fisher to be gone. Or competent offensive minds brought in.

I don't care about pity party moral wins at this point. The season is toast. And we are again without a QB. Maybe you believe in Mannion. I'm nowhere close to sold.

Suck out and get the best QB we can. This team will flounder until it gets one, a competent Oline, and a legit WR.

Team is nowhere close to the playoffs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The off season is so incredibly long. I just don't see how you can't get up for each game.
To each there own

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Post #10,000
Aren't i supposed to get a visit from the RODfather or something?
giphy.gif

We'll give you a fancy banner to carry around for a bit...

TexasRam

Legend
I voted No. I wouldn't be too upset if he stayed but prefer him gone.

We have a short window to put together an offense and capitalize on a young top defense. Fisher is not the guy that can make that happen.

The biggest reason I want Fisher gone is because I hate his mentality of playing scared on offense. I think you need to let your QB be aggressive to keep the defense guessing. I don't want to see Gurley vs 8 man fronts for the next 4 years.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Ask this question again at seasons end...if the Rams end up 4-12 I think it's a given. He will be gone.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not when you expect Fisher to be gone. Or competent offensive minds brought in.

I don't care about pity party moral wins at this point. The season is toast. And we are again without a QB. Maybe you believe in Mannion. I'm nowhere close to sold.

Suck out and get the best QB we can. This team will flounder until it gets one, a competent Oline, and a legit WR.

Team is nowhere close to the playoffs.
Someone may have made this point (if they did, I apologize) but...

IF Snead and Fisher stay, drafting high when it applies to offense has proven they are not very good at that... in fact, drafting offense overall has proven they are not good at it. Heck, let's add acquiring free agents for that matter.

So, your suggestion that they tank could come back and haunt them if everything remains the same... in fact, it could be a very bad scenario:
* Very painful rest of the season
* Followed by another failure at drafting offensive players in 2016

Let's just try to win games and see where they leads us... and hope to God that (if he stays) they fly Fisher to a deserted island with no means of communication when it's time to draft offensive players or free agency signings.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
He picked the QB. He was the one that pushed the trade.

True. But he's not the one out on the field playing. Obviously no one expected this total meltdown at the most important position on the field.

FrankenRam

Starter
I would be very wiling for a complete revamp of the offensive coaching staff. And, if Fisher is not willing to cede control over the offense, he needs to go as well.
Why would any head coach nueter themselves like that? You've turned in your HC stripes if you do that.

While I would agree it would be great if Fisher willingly gave more autonomy to the OC to determine the style of O to run and do all the playcalling, to think Fisher's going to just sit back and say 'The O is all yours. I promise I won't interfere in any way.' ain't gonna happen.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Poor draft decisions
Poor FA player decisions
Numerous, underachieving coaches and players still employed, though they fail over and over (Boudreau, Cook, Cignetti to name but a few)
Unwillingness to bend with the NFL of 2015
Foolish/stubborn decisions top to bottom

And, I do believe he has lost the team, it's just the beginning and will get worse as the season plays out..

FIRE him now, it can only get better.