Poll Only: Keep the Stache or Not?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Jeff Fisher be Retained at Season's End?

• Total voters

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think we need a complete revamp of the team. The only people I would keep is Snead, Demoff, Tavon, Gurley, Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Jenkins, Johnson, McDonald, Ogletree, Brown and Havenstein. Literally every other player and coach can go.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
it's seems like it's always something with Fisher, the excuses change, but the results don't.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't vote because I have to see how the rest of the year plays out.

If we drop more turds like we did last week... if we start losing to the likes of the 49ers... if we lose out on division foes the rest of the way (the one thing Fisher has been able to hang his hat on), then I'm on board with the fire Fisher pitchfork gang.

But... if they right this ship... play crisp football... beat the teams they ought to... throw in a surprise or two... play the division foes to the end (maybe steal one against AZ or SEA)... end up .500 or better... I'd advocate staying the course WITH the caveat that he make sweeping changes on offense (basically fire the entire staff... bring in PROVEN, SUCCESSFUL NFL coaches and leave them alone).

So... let's see what Fisher can do starting Sunday...

But, it worries me terribly when I hear him say things like:
"They’re doing the best they can."
“We’re going to find our way out of it. We’ve got good players. Got play makers."
“We had a good meeting; got things corrected,”

Those statements, on top of the same statements he's made for years now give me serious cause for skepticism... but I'll wait and see.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
No one is the super bowl era has gotten a fifth year with a team when his first four were losing seasons. Why does Fisher deserve to be the first? Please answer that if you voted yes. Furthermore, what has he done in his career to warrant another year? Six winning seasons in 21. Six. If not for arguably the luckiest play in NFL history, he never sniffs a super bowl appearance. I like the guy. I was excited when we hired him. But it is abundantly clear, not only by his body of work as Rams coach, but also by his body of work over 21 years, that he is not the guy you want to keep around if you want to be a perennial playoff team. First find the right guys to get the job done and then keep them around. That's what the best teams in the NFL have done. The longer the Rams keep him the longer we will be a .500 or sub .500 team.

Just to play Devil's advocate.... (I do want Fisher gone, barring a miracle where he somehow agrees to forfeit control over the offense).

Two seasons in a row he lost his starting QB for the entire year due to injury. In those circumstances, finishing around.500 is pretty expected. Yes, it still sucks we didn't finish better. Bradford or no Bradford. And the buck ultimately has to stop with Fisher and Snead for not having a better contingency plan. But I won't fault Fisher for his inability to work miracles. Ultimately, when you look at our records for those two Bradford-less seasons, they are pretty reasonable given the circumstances. Not many teams would finish more than a game or two above .500 without their starting QB for the entire season, especially while playing in a division as tough as the NFC West was those years. And even outside of our division, our strength of schedule has been pretty challenging.

In his first season here Fisher inherited a dumpster fire. Expecting a winning season would have insane. But of course, nobody did expect that, and almost everyone acknowledges Fisher's first year here was a big success.

I realize they are "excuses" but that does not make them any less legitimate in terms of rationalizing our recent records.

This is really the first season you can say a losing record was not at least in large part due to circumstances outside of Fisher's control. Which is why some want to give him more rope. But after four years, whether there are valid reasons for past losing seasons or not, people get fed up. People want RESULTS. And I think that is fair. Fisher had his chance. Whether it was all his fault or not, he couldn't get it done. I'd like to see him stay if he rectifies what I perceive to be his flaws (offense). But as I do not see that happening, I hope he is shown the door.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
images
images
images

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I voted yes...conditionally. I feel he deserves to finish his contract as the team really is much more talented them what he started with. I think if he's let go, we don't retain Williams and maybe not Snead which have both done fairly well. The O-line will likely be much better next year...we all kind of knew they would take time to gel. I am for getting a new offensive co-ordinator (with experience, if available) and giving them the keys...I mean what does JF have to lose at this point.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd give him one more year... last year of his contract and that's it. No improvement and he's gone.

Agree. We were a winning team at 4 - 3 overall, and 3 - 0 against our conference rivals until the dam broke and the avalanche of injuries destroyed our pass rush and our already fledgling young OL. I believe we were on our way to a winning season, perhaps even a play-off berth. Gaines, Ogletree, Long, Quinn, Saffold, Havenstein, Brown, Williams, & Donnal makes for a big hit. No improvement next year and he's done. jmo.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Award to Tron for being the ONLY MF to follow directions on this thread. :cheers:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I never understood the whole lame duck coach thing. Just like a player, he's simply on the last year of his contract. As I see it, next year is Fisher's prove it year.

And I really really would hesitate to reboot again. I think the turnover is part of the reason this team has been so bad for so long.

FRO

Legend
If we finish 4-1 or 5-0 I'll reconsider. This is year 4 and record wise it will probably be the worst Fisher year yet. Offense is worse than it was in 2012 and that is horribly bad.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Voted NO for one reason: I do not have faith that Fisher will hire a good OC.

Everything spins off of that. Without that, it will be more of the same with Fish and I cannot stomach any more of this offense. Now, if he were to bring in a real OC who is proven in the passing game? Then my vote changes to YES. But again I just cannot see him doing what he needs to do with the offensive staff.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
One more year for me. Can't see how we can tear it up again. Who you bringing in? This roster has talent and that's partly down to Fisher. He's a wise old dog and I bet he's hurting now. Let's see how he can respond with his job on the line knowing he's in the last year of his contract. Light a fire under his ass and who knows. For me, after all these years of losing I think that's a better chance of winning than throwing the whole thing on the garbage heap and starting again. If we completely suck again....then I'm all out of patience.

I completely, and I mean competent understand why you'd feel different. My hand hovered over the yes/no thing for a good 40 seconds. This year has been hugely disappointing. But it's disappointing because we actually felt we had a shot and blew it this time. That was never the case under Spags or Linehan.

Rainram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another Fisher poll....is this going to be a weekly thing?

Someone needs to track results. Bar graphs are nice.
My bad...didn't see the last "poll." Plenty of threads and discussions...was looking for numbers from the fan base.

Rainram

Starter
I voted no. I dont want him to be a lame duck coach and dont want to extend him. Its a tough decision because I think this team is close. But 4 years and not a winning season even in the toughest division is tough to swallow.

I understand this.

I'd be very curious what a new regime would do? How effectively can they use the guys we have? How much of an overhaul would we be looking at? Doubt GW stays...so new schemes on both sides? How well do our players translate into those schemes? How long will it take the CURRENT players to adjust?

On one hand...the change could be very refreshing. On the other hand, all of those changes can be cumbersome.

But I can very much appreciate your perspective.

Rainram

Starter
I think we need a complete revamp of the team. The only people I would keep is Snead, Demoff, Tavon, Gurley, Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Jenkins, Johnson, McDonald, Ogletree, Brown and Havenstein. Literally every other player and coach can go.
Waufle stays!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I voted yes. Reluctantly.

Fisher needs to get a legitimate play caller in here ASAP, Improve the wrong squad and continue building our oline.
If the offense isn't his top priority this offseason, he'll be done here and probably done in the NFL.

Rainram

Starter
Before I get ripped for the lack of parallels...I am aware of the differences...but...

At this time last year, the Carolina Panthers were 3-8-1 I believe.

Rivera first four seasons...
6-10
7-9
12-4
7-8-1

I can hope for a similar turnaround for the Rams .