Poll Only: Keep the Stache or Not?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Jeff Fisher be Retained at Season's End?

• Total voters

Rainram

Starter
Poll Only.

Just your "yes" or "no." There have been multiple threads with plenty of discussion already, so I'm just curious where the numbers are...

Would you retain Jeff Fisher at season's end?

I know we have 5 games left. And I'm sure there will be another poll at the end of the year.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'd give him one more year... last year of his contract and that's it. No improvement and he's gone.

WvuIN02

Starter
No team in history with this many losing seasons in a row has retained their coach. We don't need to be the first.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
My view is that IF Fisher is willing to bring in a new offensive coordinator and let that OC run the offense as Fisher stays hands-off, we should keep him. Continuity is a good thing. The players seem to like him. He is a great defensive mind. Him being on the competition committee is a nice bonus. I like his aggressive and tough mentality. And I actually like a defensively minded, run-first mentality. Old school football is built to win in all weather conditions as well as the playoffs. Teams have shown recently you can not only be a legit contender that way (San Fran, Carolina) but also win it all (Seattle).

In fact, IF Cignetti is just a puppet for Fisher - I suspect that he is, but none of us fans can know for sure - I'd even be willing to give Fisher one more year if he stays put at OC but just lets Cigs run the show and have some autonomy.

I doubt either of those things happens. So I voted "no". At the end of the day, I think we will always be a bottom 10 offense under Fisher. You cannot win that way. It's too bad, too. If he was not such a control freak he'd be one of the better coaches in the game.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Damn, a 50/50 split after my vote didn't expect that. Imo 1 more year at least, build the damn OL and stop taking the physical freaks over the polished pro ready guys for OL. I banged the drum for Jake Matthews for a reason that year and we took Grob when we all knew his pass protection was suspect and he was going to be a project, we don't have the luxury of taking O linemen that are going to be projects.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Voted no. Not even a question at this point. I just don't see a good reason for keeping him even if he mops up some garbage wins here at the end of the season to make the record look decent. I don't know what argument can be made in favor of keeping him.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's time for a complete coaching revamp. Answer this question: Since arriving in St. Louis what single player has actually improved from their rookie year?

You could probably count the number of players on one hand. The rest are regressing. The only one that sticks out as of right now is Tavon, and that just seems to be play calling, and not necessarily player development.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
No, he should definitely be gone. The problem with this team is abundantly clear - they need a starting caliber QB. They will probably bring a new one in this offseason no matter what, but there's a few problems with keeping Fisher next year:
1) He's not an offensive guy, so the new QB's success will rely solely on either Cignetti or a new OC
2) No good OC will want to come work for him, being a lame duck head coach (this is probably why so many OC candidates this year went elsewhere)
3) If the Rams don't get deep into the playoffs, he'll be gone anyways, so the new QB will have to start over with a new coaching staff

Long term, I think their best bet is to start fresh with a new HC and draft a QB high.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Yes. I truly believe with another good draft and another year under everyone's belt, especially this young Oline, this team will finally ascend to the top.

Give fisher his 5th year. If he doesn't get it done then look for someone else.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I voted no but would change it to yes if Rams win out.

Rams are an o-line away from a being a very good team. Even with Foles/Keenum/Mannion. Even with our receivers. Not saying Rams shouldn't get a better QB or WRs, just that this is a NFCW leading team or nearly so with a solid o-line that can make Gurley holes.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
It's time for a complete coaching revamp. Answer this question: Since arriving in St. Louis what single player has actually improved from their rookie year?

You could probably count the number of players on one hand. The rest are regressing. The only one that sticks out as of right now is Tavon, and that just seems to be play calling, and not necessarily player development.

On offense? Or both sides of the ball? Most - if not all - of our young defensive players have shown improvement. In many cases significant improvement. And that includes UDFAs like McLeod.

I would be very wiling for a complete revamp of the offensive coaching staff. And, if Fisher is not willing to cede control over the offense, he needs to go as well.

iced

No way.

3+ years of regression, horrible offense, not strong outside the division, one of the worst in penalties, and a horrendous o-line that many of us saw coming.... particularly the GRob pick and a lack of bringing in vets..

no faith in fisher to turn this offense around, even if you gave him 2 more Rg3 trades

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Brockers, JJ, Tru, McCleod, Joyner, Quinn, Hekker, Olgletree, Quick (til hurt), Harkey, etc. Is that more than one hand?

Lets give the man some credit.

Rainram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tavon, Ogletree, Brockers, Quinn (eh...stayed the same I guess), McDonald, McCleod (who I was in favor of cutting a year or two ago), Jenkins, TruJo, Bates, Hekker.

Now, on the offensive side of the ball, other than Tavon...:thinking:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No way in hell. Main reason? Refs already have it in for us because of him and Williams. They can both go. The "kiss my ass" comment only proved that he's lost it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
On offense? Or both sides of the ball? Most - if not all - of our young defensive players have shown improvement. In many cases significant improvement. And that includes UDFAs like McLeod.

I would be very wiling for a complete revamp of the offensive coaching staff. And, if Fisher is not willing to cede control over the offense, he needs to go as well.

Brockers, JJ, Tru, McCleod, Joyner, Quinn, Hekker, Olgletree, Quick (til hurt), Harkey, etc. Is that more than one hand?

Lets give the man some credit.

Tavon, Ogletree, Brockers, Quinn (eh...stayed the same I guess), McDonald, McCleod (who I was in favor of cutting a year or two ago), Jenkins, TruJo, Bates, Hekker.

Now, on the offensive side of the ball, other than Tavon...:thinking:

Fair enough. I should have been more specific with mentioning the offensive side of the ball.

…..

Legend
Another Fisher poll....is this going to be a weekly thing?

Someone needs to track results. Bar graphs are nice.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I'd let him serve out his contract and then evaluate. So basically next year is make or break for me. Many said this year, I was on the fence. No question next year is his year to do or die. Just me.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
No one is the super bowl era has gotten a fifth year with a team when his first four were losing seasons. Why does Fisher deserve to be the first? Please answer that if you voted yes. Furthermore, what has he done in his career to warrant another year? Six winning seasons in 21. Six. If not for arguably the luckiest play in NFL history, he never sniffs a super bowl appearance. I like the guy. I was excited when we hired him. But it is abundantly clear, not only by his body of work as Rams coach, but also by his body of work over 21 years, that he is not the guy you want to keep around if you want to be a perennial playoff team. First find the right guys to get the job done and then keep them around. That's what the best teams in the NFL have done. The longer the Rams keep him the longer we will be a .500 or sub .500 team.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I voted no. I dont want him to be a lame duck coach and dont want to extend him. Its a tough decision because I think this team is close. But 4 years and not a winning season even in the toughest division is tough to swallow.