Poll Only: Keep the Stache or Not?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Jeff Fisher be Retained at Season's End?

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Before I get ripped for the lack of parallels...I am aware of the differences...but...

At this time last year, the Carolina Panthers were 3-8-1 I believe.
I already took the rippage when I made the same parallel.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As much as I've criticized Fisher, I'm still on the fence. Its easy to see why people want him gone. We're in year 4 and his team looks worse than year one. The defense is better than year one, but the offense has gotten way worse. Then there's that regression each year. Starting in 2012 his win percentage was .462/.438/.375/.364. We could improve on this year's .364 percentage or we could get worse. I honestly can't see improving on it.

But with all that going against him, I have to wonder what the line will look like next season. They'll have more games under their belt. Be more familiar with each other. We knew they would struggle early on. We were hoping they would start gelling by now. Hasn't happened.

Hasn't helped that Foles has just completely fallen flat. He can't see what's transpiring on the field and he can't throw with any accuracy. I don't think Fisher saw that coming. He's playing like a quarterback who's been battered for 16 games. And quite honestly, I thought the protection has actually improved since the Green Bay game. For whatever reason Foles has totally lost any edge he might have had.

If Fisher gets fired I'm ok with that. I believe his methods are obsolete for today's NFL. Defensively, you can't intimidate with crushing hits anymore. Try and separate a receiver from the ball at the moment of the catch will probably result in a flag. Rules have evolved to favor the passing game more. And he wants to be a run first team.

But if he gets another year, I'm ok with that. I'm hopeful the line will get better with more time together and Gurley will have lanes to run through. And I'm hopeful they'll find a quarterback who will take advantage of the extra attention Gurley will have.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
No! No Discussion!:deadhorse:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Interesting, but of course there is only one vote that counts..That one, unfortunately, trumps us all...

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Hmmmm... Interesting to see what the Falcons are going to end up doing with Matt Ryan and his whoppin contract , as well. Maybe they'll take Foles if we take Ryan's contract and include our 2016 1st rounder.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes, but only if he concedes the entire offensive side to the OC...a new OC, hired by Snead.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Post #10,000
Aren't i supposed to get a visit from the RODfather or something?
giphy.gif

WvuIN02

Starter
Carolina unfortunately has a franchise QB.

Bradford was not Fisher's pick, so he gets a pass there. But there were some head scratchers of picks, and most notably the lack of a good backup or someone else to develop if things went badly. Even the great teams around the NFL still spend draft picks on QBs, even high picks (the Pats spent a 2nd on Garoppolo) because the need is that high at this position and guys can and do get hurt. SB's injuries arent his fault, but he is still the guy who brought in Foles.

After Foles struggled after that first game, the damning thing to me was not only did he not improve or even stay the same but he just got progressively worse. I feel this is just Fisher's MO now. If Fisher was some hotshot new coach, sure. We have TWENTY years of evidence at this point and a leopard isn't going to change his spots. From the mediocrity of Steve McNair to the headcase of Vince Young, I just dont think he "gets it". Fisher is trying to play 80-90s football in a new era, and even teams who build around run/defense still dont win without a QB. Defenses are too good vs one dimensional teams.

Maybe a guy like Cowher would be interested. He has changed his stance from yes he wanted to coach to maybe to no, but I think the early reports were accurate that if he felt the opportunity was right and things were in place he would do it. All this team needs is a draft or two of some OL and to find a QB. Either that or find one of the offensive guys like Gase or even Hue Jackson to come in and take over.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I honestly have a hard time believing so many people want to see another year of Fisher offence and the yes votes aren't just a bunch of Cardinals trolls visiting the board for game week hoping we continue to suck.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before I get ripped for the lack of parallels...I am aware of the differences...but...

Rivera first four seasons...
6-10
7-9
12-4
7-8-1

I can hope for a similar turnaround for the Rams .

As you pointed out, they had also gone 12-4 the year before. Fisher wouldn't be on the hot seat right now if the Rams were coming off a 10+ win season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rivera first four seasons...
6-10
7-9
12-4
7-8-1

I can hope for a similar turnaround for the Rams .
The season isn't over yet!
5 games left will show the direction. I truly believe they will win Sunday so there's one down and 4 to go

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I've already made it fairly clear where I stand, unless we get a meddling owner ala Bud Adams, I don't see Fisher ever changing his old, archaic ways and we'll continue to flounder from his poor offensive understanding.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I voted no but would change it to yes if Rams win out.

Rams are an o-line away from a being a very good team. Even with Foles/Keenum/Mannion. Even with our receivers. Not saying Rams shouldn't get a better QB or WRs, just that this is a NFCW leading team or nearly so with a solid o-line that can make Gurley holes.

It's not fair to bring the obvious common sense stuff into this type of discussion. Stop it or I am reporting you to the admin team.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Agree. We were a winning team at 4 - 3 overall, and 3 - 0 against our conference rivals until the dam broke and the avalanche of injuries destroyed our pass rush and our already fledgling young OL. I believe we were on our way to a winning season, perhaps even a play-off berth. Gaines, Ogletree, Long, Quinn, Saffold, Havenstein, Brown, Williams, & Donnal makes for a big hit. No improvement next year and he's done. jmo.

Other injuries too - Tru Johnson and McDonald have missed some time - Quick not all the way back, Gurley coming off of ACL. Not to mention a blow up at QB. That's a lot to overcome.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Other injuries too - Tru Johnson and McDonald have missed some time - Quick not all the way back, Gurley coming off of ACL. Not to mention a blow up at QB. That's a lot to overcome.
Yep, and then there is the whole Bailey getting shot in the head thing. We are operating under an injury curse, maybe we should draft a shaman or a doctorate of voodoo.