1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Polian: Best fit for Bridgewater is Rams at 13

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RamBill, May 1, 2014.

1. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

The issue for me is that Sam Bradford is injury prone, and yet he was able to play 22 consecutive games without injury, and it's conceivable that with better play from those around him on the play he got injured we're running Zac Stacy up the middle with a 6 point lead late in the 4th.

That just means to me that over those 22+ games he hadn't been hit in the right way to injure him.

if you work under the assumption that that hit will occur at one point (which by drafting Teddy you are), then Sam playing the 2014 and 2015 seasons without missing a single snap doesn't make him less injury prone, it means that that hit hasn't occurred yet.

If you have therefore drafted Teddy Bridgewater as insurance against when that hit occurs, cashing out on him in the 2016 off season and drafting a QB later in the draft makes no sense, you should keep him for 4 years + his 5th year option and then draft another QB in 2019.

Your other alternative is to work under the assumption that all 3 hits that caused his three season ending injuries were hits that would injure any NFL QB, and you can draft with an eye on reducing the number of hits he takes and therefore the chance that he takes the "wrong" hit.

2. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

3. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Kurt, thank you for posting that. Truly eye opening.

Mayock, you're making a joke out of yourself. You're the same guy that convinced yourself Blaine Gabbert was a franchise QB based on his Pro Day. You're supposed to learn from your mistakes.

Okay, Mayock, first of all...he didn't take three sacks consecutively. He was sacked a total of three times in that game. He was sacked twice in a three play span. But I saw Andrew Luck have the same thing happen to him while he was in college. Did that bother you so deeply when it happened to Luck or are you simply looking for reasons to confirm your negative opinion? I believe they call that confirmation bias.

Louisville's record over the past two years with Teddy "No It Factor" Bridgewater - 23 Wins 3 Losses
    Texas A&M's record over the past two years with Johnny "It Factor" Manziel - 20 wins 6 losses

This is why I argue so vehemently that the "It Factor" is a meaningless buzzword. It's a justification because you can't come up with a legitimate reason why.

4. max Well-Known Member

Mayock strikes me as a super intense guy but not a deep thinker, so he has a tendancy to get lost in the sauce. He gets wrapped up a bit too much in the latest pajama olympics. He said he would fail the Wonderlic, and I think he's right.

I miss Joel Buchsbaum. He would be the perfect guy to evaluate Bridgewater.

5. Faceplant Well-Known Member

Is there any guarantee that Sam would even want to resign in St. Lou? What if he has an average season, and the Rams try to extend him and he balks? Then we are scrambling to find our QBOTF. Personally, I really like Bridgewater. If for some inconceivable reason, he were to slip to rd 2, the Rams would be nutz not to take him...even if it meant trading up to the top of the rd to get him. At 13? I would not hate that either.

6. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

What if a meteor crashes through Rams Park and wipes out everything? Where will we hold camp? :sneaky:

Ah! I don't get the argument that you draft Bridgewater "just in case".

Shawn Hill is more prepared to win games and Teddy isn't a slam dunk prospect.

If a sink hole swallows Rams Park, or it rains for 40 days and 40 nights, we need to regroup if that happens.

moklerman likes this.