Players the Rams have met with Pre-Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
On second thought, maybe it would be a bad idea. I was just reminded about what happened the last time the Rams traded in the first round to draft a receiver, it didn’t exactly turn out as planned.
Ugh. The horror. Trading up for Austin when we could have stayed put and taken likely HOF'r Hopkins. What a move.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I have to disagree with Ian Rapoport on two points ...
1st ... I do not see Worthy going in Round 1
2nd ... I highly doubt Rapoport could land the airplane

Rapoport has always come across as an arrogant asshole.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Interesting that we were one of only 4 teams to meet with him. Either smoke screen or we are looking to address our back up QB via the draft (again). At least we are looking at the oldest guy in the draft who has started the most games in college in history, I believe.
Snead they want a seasoned NFL backup last week. Nix is a maybe Wentz is a definite resign Wentz and move on.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Worthy is absolutely worthy (pun intended) of going in the first round. He's not a John Ross type who is all speed, no hands; he can run beautiful, crisp routes, and his hands have been solid at Texas.

Would I take Adonai Mitchell over him? Of course! But Worthy is definitely going first round; that speed is Tyreek Hill-like, and we all know how he helped transform the Chiefs' and Dolphins' offenses.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... Worthy is definitely going first round

You have now joined Ian Rapoport on my List of Mortal Enemies.

Seriously, I love this time of year ... debating strategy, use of salary cap, free agency and of course ... the Draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Odunze is a trip to watch. He's one of those guys who doesn't look like he's running hard when he's covering ground. Has a bit of a glide to him. I wonder if the Rams simply projected him as potentially being on the board when they're up. Given the amount of wideouts in this draft it is possible they were just doing their diligence. I certainly don't think they're considering moving up for Odunze. Great prospect and all that but no way in hell I'd move up for him.

Well there is always that personality caveat I suppose. Maybe he's one of those guys the Rams know has an elite mentality. But still with the strength of options that include our key need positions it is hard for me to see us moving up.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Odunze is a trip to watch. He's one of those guys who doesn't look like he's running hard when he's covering ground. Has a bit of a glide to him. I wonder if the Rams simply projected him as potentially being on the board when they're up. Given the amount of wideouts in this draft it is possible they were just doing their diligence. I certainly don't think they're considering moving up for Odunze. Great prospect and all that but no way in hell I'd move up for him.

Well there is always that personality caveat I suppose. Maybe he's one of those guys the Rams know has an elite mentality. But still with the strength of options that include our key need positions it is hard for me to see us moving up.
It's all contingency plans at this point. I'm sure the Rams have gamed a scenario where they move up. I'm also sure a number of dominos prob need to fall in FA for that to become plan 1a. @AvengerRam has it right in that for us to be most accurate, we probably need to game out many scenarios and then start eliminating them as we get closer to the draft. His happen to be trade downs right now.

For instance, let's say we resign Dotson and Shelton and grab Hunter at edge and a vet corner. At that point, does a trade up look more enticing? (Not a likely scenario but an example).

Rams are prob still stacking their board right now but generally start planning out scenarios for draft after 1st round of FA and a few weeks out.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
You have now joined Ian Rapoport on my List of Mortal Enemies.

Seriously, I love this time of year ... debating strategy, use of salary cap, free agency and of course ... the Draft.
I am with you on this time of year and to make it even better put some money on the rams winning the conference championship i did and can't wait for the draft and training camp.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I salivate at picking one of the top tackles or WRs in the first round but it seems there's so much chatter from the combine about teams loving the WRs and OTs (not to mention 4 QBs going in top 10) that there's a very real chance that the 3rd best pass rusher or 3rd best corner will be there for us at 19 which is crazy.

Gonna be interesting to see what we do in FA cause a guy like Verse, Laitu or Arnold, Wiggins (don't love the size) could end up being there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Jeeeeeebus. Sometimes I want to just smack Les in the back of the noggin to try and unfuck his wiring, haha. I love the guy as our GM, but man is he hard to listen to sometimes.

I finally get it, tho

He’s desperately trying not to do a Tom Holland

The Rams CLEARLY have a new analytics evaluation paradigm and subsequently developed algorithm that is different (see the monumental success of this past draft) from the rest of the NFL

So he’s trying to answer questions without tipping his hand to other teams.

He’s guarding some extraordinarily valuable tech with a shelf life he can only extend to the extent that other teams don’t figure it out

Now… it sure does make for very choppy speech patterns and he’s hard to listen to, but I get it

methomas50

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dang

Legend
On second thought, maybe it would be a bad idea. I was just reminded about what happened the last time the Rams traded in the first round to draft a receiver, it didn’t exactly turn out as planned.
I wouldn’t trade up for anyone but the top 2 OTs. Both look to be dominant LTs for years to come.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they trade up a small amount for a LT it is something I'd understand. It's that big of a deal to cement that spot and if you're sure of a guy then fuck it go get him.

But that aside I am not a fan of the Rams squandering resources to fill one spot given the current state of the roster. I wouldn't do that. I'd sign Smith if possible to an affordable deal that is incentive based. Then I'd cut Boom. At that point your OL is Smith, Avila, <need>, Dotson, Hav. From there if you like Avila at center then you can slide him over and insert Jackson into LG which he said himself was his strongest position, unless my old memory is faulty here which is possible, but I recall him saying something of the sort.

Either way Smith, Jackson, Avila, Dotson, Hav would be an epic OL. Then your OL need reverts to depth, as in someone to insert on the interior to free up Jackson for LT in the event Smith breaks. And btw they might have that if they like that Center they picked up last year.

And we can draft the hell out of defense while still spending one of those top four picks on speed outside the hash.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Well, in fairness, give me the guy who thinks he can land one, instead of one that says "All souls shall perish."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, in fairness, give me the guy who thinks he can land one, instead of one that says "All souls shall perish."
It certainly starts with willpower doesn't it. I'm sure I could land it too. Though I feel like that job would deserve the remaining booze on the aircraft. So ply me with alcohol if you want to survive.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It certainly starts with willpower doesn't it. I'm sure I could land it too. Though I feel like that job would deserve the remaining booze on the aircraft. So ply me with alcohol if you want to survive.
Guess I would facetime @SWAdude