Players the Rams have met with Pre-Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
so Snead says they dont value the 18 minute talk with prospects, and I fully understand that. But he does mention that the Rams woulkd rather have a 2-3 hour sit down with a prospect. I didnt even know that was in the rules. Really thought that no contact was allowed between teams and prospective players after the combine was over
That couldn't be the case as there are Pro Days and team visits after the combine.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I saw that the Rams met with Edgerin Cooper. He’s listed as an OLB, not specifically an edge.

He’s light for an edge. But he may be the best LBer in the draft. I don’t understand the fit combined with draft slot. Do they use a a mid second on him, if they do some trading?

Maybe they think they could get some weight on him and teach some pass rush moves. He’s very good in coverage.
Cooper is a beast. But he is also potentially a 1st round pick. If the Rams think he can be as good at edge as he is at MLB, I'd be good with it. He is easily and by far the best off ball linebacker in the draft. And with 8 sacks last year, he is doubly as productive as Chop Robinson :laugh3:

He also took snaps at CB and Slot.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
In the past two drafts, the Rams have selected two Pro Bowl players in Round 5, and three All-Rookie selections in Rounds 2-3.

I’m going to trust their methods.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cooper is a beast. But he is also potentially a 1st round pick. If the Rams think he can be as good at edge as he is at MLB, I'd be good with it. He is easily and by far the best off ball linebacker in the draft. And with 8 sacks last year, he is doubly as productive as Chop Robinson :laugh3:

He's no Parsons. But I think he'd plug in next to Jones and give us a base defensive look in a lot of snaps. Problem is when you come out of base he'd probably end up with Jones' job.

ILB that early feels like a luxury to me. It's the kind of pick you make when your roster is sound. Rams are not quite at that point yet I don't think.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vikings lmao. Talk about showing your hand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Interesting that we were one of only 4 teams to meet with him. Either smoke screen or we are looking to address our back up QB via the draft (again). At least we are looking at the oldest guy in the draft who has started the most games in college in history, I believe.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They currently only have Nick Mullens on the roster at QB. Not sure how much more hand they can show!
As those QBs go off teams are going to know who they're sweet on. That's a bad tell. Any other team who likes Nix knows they need to get ahead of Minnesota to snag him. That type of thing can cost you a player you covet on draft day.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
They might be looking at a guy like him being able to play inside for a yr, if they can't keep Dotson, and then eventually replace Havenstein since he was a RT at UGA.

Or they see him as an upgrade at LT over Jackson.

However, I can see the Dotson replacement/ future RT plan.

And yes, not keen on projecting OTs to OGs, but the guy has the size and mobility to be at least solid inside until he moves back to RT.

Also a valuable asset for the overall team construction if they move on from Noteboom. He at least has the tools to back up both OT positions, although a little scary to count on a rookie to do that.

That sounds all well and good, but I wouldn’t want to spend the #19 pick on a player who is being PROJECTED to be that player. He just doesn’t have enough PT under his belt and will be asked to learn while moving up in class.

I’m not saying the guy will be a bust. I’m just more supportive of a player at #19 who has the reps/production.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

He sounds like one of the Browns linebackers, like Karamoah. Maybe they are secretly hatching a plan to move to a base 4/3.

If Cooper can cover as well as I read, then there’d be no need to take him off the field on passing downs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It would be something wouldn't it. I'd be surprised if they were to move up for a WR. I would think it'd be to ensure they get a LT of the future. But you never know with these guys.

Also Les mentioning the interviews being tracked makes me think there could be misdirection afoot as well. No telling what they've got planned but it's fun to think about.
On second thought, maybe it would be a bad idea. I was just reminded about what happened the last time the Rams traded in the first round to draft a receiver, it didn’t exactly turn out as planned.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Vikings lmao. Talk about showing your hand.
I don’t think it’s a secret at this point. They tried to trade up last year to draft Anthony Richardson and now it’s reported that they are trying to trade with the Patriots for the third pick.