Players cut that Rams might be interested in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I think Crowell is closer to being the starting RB for the Browns than he is being cut.

I think you're thinking of Terrance West a different rookie who has been running with the twos.

Crowell isn't going to be cut though after the team cut Dion Lewis and Chris Ogbonayya.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've been very impressed by Trey Watts but I'll say this, if Cleveland cuts Isaiah Crowell, the Rams need to claim him. They gave him all of 2 carries prior to Week 4(rumor is that they want to stash him on their PS and were hiding him...is it true? IDK) and then gave him 13 in Week 4. He turned those 13 carries into 100+ yards and a TD.

Here's a couple highlights:

This is a 5'11" 225 pound HB that ran for 1100+ yards and 15 TDs last year in college. As you can see in the clips above, the guys runs hard and has the speed to take it the distance. There's no reason he should hit the open market. Feel like he could be a huge steal.
We should have drafted him in the later rounds....we should have drafted Seantrelle Henderson OT.....7th round picks.....there's a safety we coulda took too, name slips my mind (although I'm happy with Bryant out of Ohio St.), and a offensive guard....all those 7th round picks....and we let serious ballers make it to be UDFA. Why? IDK definitely could have found some linebackers.....I have finally watched the Miami game....Mason should have been the backup QB pick...Gilbert shouldn't be on the team either....

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
We should have drafted him in the later rounds....we should have drafted Seantrelle Henderson OT.....7th round picks.....there's a safety we coulda took too, name slips my mind (although I'm happy with Bryant out of Ohio St.), and a offensive guard....all those 7th round picks....and we let serious ballers make it to be UDFA. Why? IDK definitely could have found some linebackers.....I have finally watched the Miami game....Mason should have been the backup QB pick...Gilbert shouldn't be on the team either....

Crowell had serious off the field issues I guess. But I'm with you. We threw away picks like Van Dyk and Rhaney when there were much more talented players available. Though you cant blame Gilbert based on anything in the Miami game. On average he had what, a milisecond of time after he snapped the ball. The backup o line was atrocious. I was furious on behalf of Gilbert. Never had a chance.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Seantrel Henderson is an unmotivated crybaby. He doesn't deserve to wear the horns.

It looks like he's starting for the Bills. Won't take long before he gets beat by NFL talented defensive ends and pouts himself on the bench.

Mamfm5

UDFA
@nwagoner: Am told Rams will take a look at released QB Terrelle Pryor. Doesn't mean they'll claim or sign but will evaluate and discuss.

…..

Legend

You say all this with a certain amount of confidence.....as if preseason was over and hindsight is a clear benifit lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@nwagoner: Am told Rams will take a look at released QB Terrelle Pryor. Doesn't mean they'll claim or sign but will evaluate and discuss.

Pryor not the sharpest tool in the shed, however, does offer a different dimension and with Wilson, Kaepernick and Logan Thomas with the Cardinals, it would give the Rams a young signal caller that like Forrest Gump is always "Ruuunnin."

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You say all this with a certain amount of confidence.....as if preseason was over and hindsight is a clear benifit lol
well, it does sound like I'm a lil...lets just say, before I was here, I was screaming from the mountaintop about a bunch of players b4 the draft, and really, positions...like LB(Anthony Barr) & OL....But one player I liked was Isiah....Just like I liked G-Rob more than Matthews but figured we could trade down and take another tackle (Lewan or maybe Henderson)...I thought we might grab a wr (all over Paul Richardson)...Thought Gabe Jackson would be in horns....Hoped we'd draft Logan Thomas or Mettenberger, hence Gilbert wouldn't be on the team....so crying over spilled milk, maybe....just didn't like the 5th (traded away) & 6th & 7th round picks were used....Shoot, Westbrooks shoulda been drafted....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
....just didn't like the 5th (traded away) & 6th & 7th round picks were used....Shoot, Westbrooks shoulda been drafted....

Late in the draft is a second guesser's paradise. It's also foolish.

To your point, miss some and hit some is the best you can hope for.

xander47

Rookie
Btw is there an unwritten rule for draft picks not kept on the roster to be kept on ps, allowed to stay on the team that drafted them?

Athos

Legend
I like him too, and he played great in Philly's final preseason game, but who does he oust? I'd not dump Watts for him at this point.

Wow. Josey cut? I thought he did well.
34 carries for 225 yards, a 6.6 average.

I'd certainly take him over Watts, and I like what i've seen of Watts.. Josey is THE change of pace back we need.

I think we already have a henry josey-his name is Trey Watts

Josey has better vision, burst, and significantly more speed than Trey Watts and he showed that in the SEC. Yea, I'm an MU homer, but that kid will give you the most effort and heart on the field and has talent to boot.

Teams just be scared of his size/knee injury. Dude is a baller. I think he's perfect for the change of pace back Pead was supposed to be.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think we should be looking at offensive linemen. Our depth scares me. We could use a vet backup.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Bengal cut former second-rounder Devon Still
Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
still.jpg
Getty Images
In 2012, the Bengals used a second-round pick on defensive lineman Devon Still. In 2014, they release him.

Per a league source, Still will be among the cuts down to 53 players.