Players cut that Rams might be interested in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
He's a 68 on Madden 15... :/

Holy cow... Pryor's speed is a whopping 91 and throw power a 92. Guy is a serious athlete. Roto mentions Rams. How could we not get Pryor?

(Call going off of the Madden Ratings lame, they're pretty darn accurate with a tweak here and there. )
Hes not a great passer (different than arm strength), is very raw (reading Ds ect) and is arrogant.
He "demanded" being the starter in Oakland after defaulting into that role for part of one year. They were so impressed with his attitude and QB skill level they dumped him even though they needed a QB.
Pass on him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hes not a great passer (different than arm strength), is very raw (reading Ds ect) and is arrogant.
He "demanded" being the starter in Oakland after defaulting into that role for part of one year. They were so impressed with his attitude and QB skill level they dumped him even though they needed a QB.
Pass on him.

My issue with Pryor is from the neck up....From the neck down, he's worth a million, from the neck up a dime...Now maybe that can change somewhat and his arrogance too I'm sure now after being traded and cut he's now humble.

At Ohio State I was never impressed with his passing just seem to push the ball, however, like I posted previously, he would give the Rams an added dimension and they could run some wildcat formations that Schottenheimer ran in New York with Brad Smith....Just a thought.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
A few names out there that have intrigued me. Honestly, I'd like to see Champ Bailey. Sure he's old, but he could teach more than a few things to our incredibly young secondary, and the talk the last couple of years has been he'd considering playing FS as an alternative to CB.

I'd give him an audition there in a heartbeat.

Still like the sound of Pryor too. Sure he's not going to start and I think he gets that. But he's depth and gives the defense a different look. And come next season, could provide competition.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few guys I liked before the draft this year are available now ...

S Ed Reynolds
G Jon Halapio
CB Victor Hampton

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i see kelcy quarles was cut. maybe jadeveon clowney WAS the reason he was good at south carolina. (y)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams pick someone up now, does it affect the number of compensatory draft picks they could get next year? I seem to recall that there is a time cut-off on it, but can't remember when it is. I don't know the exact details of how they calculate the picks - I seem to remember that it's the difference between the number of players signed and released that dictates how many picks you get, then once they cancel off players with similar contracts they decide what rounds the pick come? With Williams, Clemens and Smith all getting surprisingly large contracts from other teams, they might get something other than 7th round picks for some of them if they don't sign more players than they lost. Presumably Hill counts against them. Joseph might, but I think he might have been cut rather than being out of contract, in which case he wouldn't. I don't think there is any compensation for UDFAs with expired contracts (like Darian Stewart who got picked up by the Ravens). I know next year's draft is a long way off...

Any of the players being discussed here were cut, and so wouldn't count for or against compensation.

metroram

UDFA
Wow. Josey cut? I thought he did well.
34 carries for 225 yards, a 6.6 average.

I'd certainly take him over Watts, and I like what i've seen of Watts.. Josey is THE change of pace back we need.

Josey has better vision, burst, and significantly more speed than Trey Watts and he showed that in the SEC. Yea, I'm an MU homer, but that kid will give you the most effort and heart on the field and has talent to boot.

Teams just be scared of his size/knee injury. Dude is a baller. I think he's perfect for the change of pace back Pead was supposed to be.
I think that most likely the 2 knee surgeries are what kept him from being drafted to start with.When he gets his shot Watts is going to surprise with his game speed.I dont recall seeing watts running backwards during the preseason-always moving forward.And his hands are prpobably above average.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Pass on him.

I didn't know the story behind him, thanks.

We're good!

SierraRam

Recreational User
Didn't he have some medical issues or something?

Skov had the dreaded ACL issue at Stanford, but he was taking full reps at the whiner camp... From the 49er News website:

A 2011 knee injury and concerns about his speed derailed Skov’s shot at getting drafted, even though he was Stanford’s leading tackler the last three seasons.
Skov insists his speed shouldn’t be an issue anymore, telling reporters: “Watch me run on special teams and kickoffs. I’m not 5 yards behind anyone. I’m right with everyone else. I feel great.”