Players cut that Rams might be interested in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wow Bullough waived? Never would have thought that would happen.

Edit after reading his profile he doesn't sound like a guy that Fisher would want playing LBer. Stiff, not good in coverage, average athlete.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pryor not the sharpest tool in the shed, however, does offer a different dimension and with Wilson, Kaepernick and Logan Thomas with the Cardinals, it would give the Rams a young signal caller that like Forrest Gump is always "Ruuunnin."

Terrelle Pryor makes the Water boy look like a ge ge genius.

SierraRam

Recreational User

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Skov too!? Wow I never would have thought. Maybe he was just too slow.

Happens every year. Guts with 4th round grades go undrafted. Shows just how much these sites that do the grading are off kilter with NFL evaluations.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Don't know about the Rams, but the players that intrigue me the most for this team are:

Mike Williams, TE/OT, Lions (Alabama)
College TE the Lions switched OT. A very strong blocker coming out of college, at 6-6, 270+ pounds, Williams is about the same size as and could play a Jason Dunn (KC-Vermiel/Saunders) role at TE for the Rams. Practice Squad.

Max Bullough, ILB, Texans (Michigan State)
Here's an UDFA who the Rams brought in pre-draft. He's a throw-back 2-down LB with good size 6'3, 250 who is said to have good instincts, is a good tackler, and will actually take on instead of run around blocks. Wish he were faster, but his instincts and physicality could make up for that shortcoming. IMO, he could really help the defense and special teams, IMO. Active Roster.

Gerald Rivers, DE, Jaguars (Ole Miss)
Last year's training camp DE star just got released by the Jaguars. I'm in the minority that liked the 2013 Rivers over the 2014 Sam as he can play and has more potential at RE. Practice squad.

Terrelle Pryor, QB, Seahawks (Ohio State)
I'm a firm believer that Mike Holmgren's philosophy that backup QB(s) should be able to do something with their feet since they get so few reps during the week is right on the money. Sure, he'd have to play special teams but, I'd hope that a kid this big and fast can be used in a Tebow like package on this team. He could be Schottenhiemer's Brad Smith Wildcat option. Active Roster.

Others:
DeAndre Coleman, DT, Jaguars (California)
John "The Terminator" Conner, FB, Giants

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Any of you PFF guys might like Josh Andrews for the O-line.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/08/29/refo-jets-eagles-preseason-week-4/

Here's some more stuff on him. Seems like he played all the positions on the line at some point in his career.

"Josh Andrews started 32 career games for the Beavers, including 30 straight, as a reliable member of the Oregon State offensive line. After locking up the left guard position during spring practice as a sophomore in 2011, Andrews went on to start the next 25 consecutive games during his junior and senior campaigns. A three-year starter on the offensive line at Colony HS (CA), he earned first-team All-Mt. Baldy League accolades three times as a tackle."

Played the guard and center spots in preseason for the Eagles.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Skov too!? Wow I never would have thought. Maybe he was just too slow.

Happens every year. Guts with 4th round grades go undrafted. Shows just how much these sites that do the grading are off kilter with NFL evaluations.
I liked Skov, maybe his injury history and the depth they have led to this. Still shocking he went undrafted. Guy has a lot of passion on the field.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Titans just cut LB Moise Fokou who started 12 games for Greg Williams last year.:whistle:

http://www.nfl.com/player/moisefokou/80638/profile

He's a 68 on Madden 15... :/

Holy cow... Pryor's speed is a whopping 91 and throw power a 92. Guy is a serious athlete. Roto mentions Rams. How could we not get Pryor?

(Call going off of the Madden Ratings lame, they're pretty darn accurate with a tweak here and there. )

Last edited:

Limey

Rookie
If the Rams pick someone up now, does it affect the number of compensatory draft picks they could get next year? I seem to recall that there is a time cut-off on it, but can't remember when it is. I don't know the exact details of how they calculate the picks - I seem to remember that it's the difference between the number of players signed and released that dictates how many picks you get, then once they cancel off players with similar contracts they decide what rounds the pick come? With Williams, Clemens and Smith all getting surprisingly large contracts from other teams, they might get something other than 7th round picks for some of them if they don't sign more players than they lost. Presumably Hill counts against them. Joseph might, but I think he might have been cut rather than being out of contract, in which case he wouldn't. I don't think there is any compensation for UDFAs with expired contracts (like Darian Stewart who got picked up by the Ravens). I know next year's draft is a long way off...

duckhunter

Starter
Here's a list of all cuts from all teams.

http://www.gbnreport.com/cutdownday.htm

Some very interesting players but no QBs other than Shaw who has been mentioned. Shaw doesn't have the big arm but he is a gamer, fairly accurate, smart and good decision maker. Cheap option for a cap strapped team.

Another LB that I might kick the tires on is Nico Johnson who KC cut. Had an ankle injury last year, elbow problems and quad also. But he's a run stopper built for the middle. Needs work in coverage. He'd do better in our D than with KC's 3-4.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Any of you PFF guys might like Josh Andrews for the O-line.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/08/29/refo-jets-eagles-preseason-week-4/

Here's some more stuff on him. Seems like he played all the positions on the line at some point in his career.

"Josh Andrews started 32 career games for the Beavers, including 30 straight, as a reliable member of the Oregon State offensive line. After locking up the left guard position during spring practice as a sophomore in 2011, Andrews went on to start the next 25 consecutive games during his junior and senior campaigns. A three-year starter on the offensive line at Colony HS (CA), he earned first-team All-Mt. Baldy League accolades three times as a tackle."

Played the guard and center spots in preseason for the Eagles.

Sounds like someone that would add more versatility to the Rams Oline than Tim Barnes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I saw that. I liked him coming out of college, but the whiners just cut Shane Skov. He's a big, two-down MLB from Stanford. He had a 4th round grade, but went undrafted and signed with the LB heavy niners. He might be worth a look as JL's backup..
I liked him in the Draft, Mayock had him rated in his Top 5, 6 ft. 2 in. / 245 / 4.95-40. some had him rated 2 or 3 round pick. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't drafted. I think he deserves a look!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I liked him in the Draft, Mayock had him rated in his Top 5, 6 ft. 2 in. / 245 / 4.95-40. some had him rated 2 or 3 round pick. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't drafted. I think he deserves a look!

Didn't he have some medical issues or something?