Pissing Me Off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
I agree with Stu.... I'm not saying that I know for sure that Stewart was trying to hurt Kupp. But if I'm pulling down on a guy from out of bounds and I see him bending backwards in a way that is dangerous, it seems like anyone with half a brain would get go.

It was a suspect play to me - I've seen a lot of kill shots that would have gotten penalties the last few years that are not getting called this year.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I’m guessing that didn’t happen on this board.
It did. I was not able to view the site for about a year. Came to see if i could lurk and see what was being said after the season and i guess the ban was lifted by then. Joined again about 6 months later after i stopped being a salty bitch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was a suspect play to me - I've seen a lot of kill shots that would have gotten penalties the last few years that are not getting called this year.
And at a time when they claim to be going the extra mile to protect players. That is probably the biggest thing that bothers me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Every team deals with bad calls and injuries.

It's the #1 topic on the internet.

It's crazy what difference a few years makes. Not to long ago opposing fans were saying this about the Rams. It's nice to be on the other side of the coin.

I never understood that reputation because they really weren't a dirty team.

The idea the game might take a minute or two longer or that the refs shouldn’t be second guessed on penalties? Boo hoo.

And there is a big part of this..........second guessing the refs on the field is something the union will have to be arm barred into. It will only add a few minutes to review PI calls, among others, and it makes a difference to get the calls right.

I'm not in favor of guys in a booth looking for a penalty but looking for a mistake is fine.

I haven't really seen dirty plays.
I don't think the play on Kupp was intended to injure.
If you were going to hurt a guy Kupp is the not the guy.
The officiating....and I never really complain about tbe refs.....has been bad. Worse vs Denver I think. A lot of bad calls.
The no calls on holding is just down right silly at this point. I do see it every game now though. I think the league is allowing holding on pass blocking as an extension of protecting tbe wilting flower QBs.
On Donald it has reached the level of parody.

No one can say for sure whether he did it with intent to injur so you kinda have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He dragged Kupp down by his collar/pads. He could have let go. Plus they were on the way out of bounds.

The hit on Cooks was extremely dirty. Unbelievable that it did not result in a fine.

Cooks was equally as responsible for the hit he lowered his helmet.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Memento, not sure how you can have a different opinion on a fact, but whatever floats your boat.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought this thread was going to be about the posters who are the best at pissing you off. I was going to come in and toot my horn. It sounds like the refs and the dirty ass defenders in this league have me beat. ;)

But yeah, agreed. Back to back weeks where we had to overcome bad officiating and dirty plays by the defense.
For this week... :sneaky:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Memento, not sure how you can have a different opinion on a fact, but whatever floats your boat.

Well, there were a mix of facts and opinions in your post. My guess is that he's disagreeing with the nature of your ban.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Well, there were a mix of facts and opinions in your post. My guess is that he's disagreeing with the nature of your ban.
I'm open to interpretations. But I know as a fact that i was banned right after i expressed my dislike for our play and how we were 5 yrs into Fishers regimen and still barely beating terrible teams. Or getting beat by terrible teams for that matter. After i expressed that I got a few responses along the lines of how i just need to appreciate the wins and how we were in first place of our division. I really dont want to bring up the past bc its irrelevant to now, i was just expressing that i like where this board is going. If you doubt why i was banned, my original username was fancents86, if you can go back and look at my last post.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I agree, what he did wasn't intentional, but he still should play with more discipline.
Kupp was on the OOB's line...easy nudge would have put him out. Then the face mask... then the blatant horse collar all the way to the ground. Sorry.... Stewart is not some Rook.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm open to interpretations. But I know as a fact that i was banned right after i expressed my dislike for our play and how we were 5 yrs into Fishers regimen and still barely beating terrible teams. Or getting beat by terrible teams for that matter. After i expressed that I got a few responses along the lines of how i just need to appreciate the wins and how we were in first place of our division. I really dont want to bring up the past bc its irrelevant to now, i was just expressing that i like where this board is going. If you doubt why i was banned, my original username was fancents86, if you can go back and look at my last post.

So let me know which one of your accounts you would like for me to delete... this one or fancents86. We don't allow dup accounts.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Cooks was equally as responsible for the hit he lowered his helmet.

Sorry, but that's just bullshit.

If the defender had proceeded properly based on all the info given to players and trained in the off-season to "heads up, wrap up", then this doesn't happen.

There is a difference between lowering one's head and covering up. Cooks covered up.

The Seattle defender put his head down and threw his shoulder with an extended forearm.

In that instance, it doesn't matter if it was completely accidental, H2H means just that. The defender initiated the contact and by rule it's not only a severe penalty, but is potentially grounds for expulsion from the game.

The fact that there was no published fine only further illustrates that Goodell and Troy Vincent don't give a shit about player safety (how long have I been saying this????????), but they focus on "containment".

So, if a ref blows a huge call where a player is injured, the LAST thing they want to do is fine the offender because that PROVES that refs on the field are not either expert enough, competent enough or understaffed enough to simply miss calls that are as big a point of emphasis as the new roughing the QB calls.

What we see know is that the money guys realize that there's less attention on CTE now and what fans mostly care about when scoring is up is that THEIR QB is playing. That's it.

Well, sorry, I abandoned my first love, baseball...(girls came later) because it SICKENED me that they'd sold the soul of the game for ratings rather than rebuild the game the right way. We all knew after the strike that MLB knew about the oncoming steroid scandal and did nothing because attendance was up at EVERY park while McGwire and Sosa duked it out in the hunt for Maris' record...

It's just patently clear that the NFL is still paying lip service to player safety, especially when their narrative or profits are endangered.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
i know it’s been said in other threads but I’m getting really ticked that the MO of our last two opponents seems to have been to try to take our offensive stars out of the game with some pretty dirty shots.

I’ve also watched some of the most blatant missed calls (cough cough offsides on Suh, the onside kick) I’ve EVER seen.

The league really needs to look into this as it appears to me the refs have to be willfully allowing it.

The league and Goodhell can talk all they want about protecting players but they appear to care more about close games.

IMO it is getting out of hand.

I watched the Seahawks against the Raiders last weekend and Amari Cooper got hit in the head similar to the Cooks hit against the Rams - again NO FLAG!!! I'm sorry to sound cynical, but it looks like there is a BOUNTY on the top WRs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember when a punter shouldered one of their dlineman and after the game they started crying about their careers and their families.

What a despicable franchise. Infested by despicable people.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There is a difference between lowering one's head and covering up. Cooks covered up.

My point is that if Cooks didn't lower his head, or as you say cover up, the hit would have been into his body. The player wasn't intentionally going headhunting.

Not every helmet to helmet had bad intentions and after seeing this one I feel like it was a fluke play not targeting. At first look it seemed like he may have been but it was just one of those plays.

I watched the Seahawks against the Raiders last weekend and Amari Cooper got hit in the head similar to the Cooks hit against the Rams - again NO FLAG!!! I'm sorry to sound cynical, but it looks like there is a BOUNTY on the top WRs.

It's not the same type of hit, the guy went after Cooper's head, Cooper didn't move his head down suddenly like Cooks did.

That's a headhunting play right there.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
No one can say for sure whether he did it with intent to injur so you kinda have to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t however have to give the benefit of the doubt to the NFL or its officials. It happened. It injured. If you are not going to stand for your mantra of player safety, it is just lip service and frankly, saying one thing and doing another is weak and I can’t get behind it.
Exactly the same issue I take with the way they tend to call penalties to keep the game close.

So many of rule changes with the intent of player safety and that kind of stuff just completely undermines it all.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
my opinion on the Stewart horse collar tackle was that it was not a legal hit, but it was flagged as such. I don't think he could have pulled up or let go, the play happens in seconds. I remember when we had Bruce and Holt, they had a bullseye on their back, if they crossed the middle of the field they were going to get hit hard. That's why they dropped to the ground so much. Our WRs need start doing the same. They need to start protecting themselves the best they can. This is football, you know defensive players are told to punish anybody that crosse the middle of the field. Now that hit on Cooks on the other hand is bad.Yes Cooks lowers his head but Thompson brings in his helmet, shoulder and his forearm. He definitely was looking to injure our player and that's bs.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

That play on Cooper was so clearly a dirty hit.

And to those upthread with the "just get over it" mentality, well players who get hurt don't "just get over it." Their livelihoods and their health can be severely and negatively impacted by injuries resulting from dirty hits. So while the NFL has gone overboard in one direction with regard to protecting QB's, they right now appear to be hanging WR's out to dry. Maybe a little more balance is due.