Pick a 2016 QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams 2016 starting QB?

• Nick Foles

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Case Keenum

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1st Round Rookie (Connor Cook?)

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2nd Round Rookie (Jacoby Brissett? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg?)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Robert Griffin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Trade (Geno Smith? EJ Manuel?)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (Please Note)

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just saying, here we are talking the Draft.......again.:cry:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff
Lyncy
Wentz
Cook

Make one of them happen.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I want an extended look at Kennum. I know he came from a wide open system at Houston but he IS the career NCAA leader in yards and TD's. The numbers were pretty sick.

That said, anyone have an opinion on Luke Falk of Wash St. ? I watched the game against UCLA and I was pretty impressed with him. He's putting up some pretty gaudy numbers this year also.

I think we need a guy that has a good to great arm but good feet as well. Someone that can extend plays and move around the pocket.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Want like... the all time leading passer in college football history to be the Rams QB.

Wait... he's starting this week for us???? :shocked:

Schmitzer

UDFA
FWIW, my vote was for trade. I'd like to see if we can get Geno out of the Jets. He's played good football at the pro level and only lost his starting role this year because someone cold-cocked him in the locker room. Like his skillset and he should still have some chemistry with TA and Bailey (if Sted is still on the team, that is).

No Thank You. I don't like his attitude - think he will never be a star.

FRO

Legend
For those who say "trade up," would you be OK with giving up on the opportunity to draft a WR like Will Fuller, Laquon Treadwell or Michael Thomas to take Goff/Lynch? Would you be willing to consider going Treadwell in the 1st and, say, Hackenberg in the 2nd?
No I think Goff is a top of the line franchise QB. I don't see those receivers being in the same class as Cooper, Beckham, Evans, Watkins, Jones, or Green. Hackenberg isn't a good QB. He can't complete 60% of his passes in college, rarely does a struggling QB in college turn it on in the pros no matter what kind of tools he has.

FRO

Legend
Any new HC is likely to get his own DC, so...
Problem is Payton has been able to hire big named coordinators, but his defenses usually suck. Gregg Williams had them playing good for a little bit, but at the end of his tenure there the defense sucked. We need an offense built around Gurley. He is a rare talent. I still think a power run offense to team with our defense is the way to go.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I want to see what my boy Mannion can do. I'm not going to beat the drum for any college QB right now. First because I do not fool myself into thinking I'm actually a good QB evaluator. Second because I watch mostly the Pac 12 and haven't even watched all that much of that conference as OSU sucks out loud and U of O hasn't been playing like I'd like and I'm too busy for much more than one team right now. Yeah - I'm a fair weather college football fan. Personally, I think the Pac 12 is a little weak this season and I can't really look at any of the QBs and think they are really a better option than Mannion with a year on the sideline.

To me, Goff looks scrawny and tends to drop down in his throws making him play shorter than his height would suggest. I see no real power on his throws and I'm just no into a QB that is reliant on accuracy and touch only. In the NFL, you simply have to be able to rifle it in into small windows at times. I think this is part of the problem with Foles. He just doesn't seem to be able to throw that fast ball for a strike when it is called for. I see Goff as no real upgrade. He's not nimble enough to have his legs be a factor in the NFL. He doesn't have the trunk to shed tackles. And I frankly don't see the arm strength he will need to compensate fort that at the next level.

But as I said, I have never claimed to be qualified as a scout.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I want to see what my boy Mannion can do. I'm not going to beat the drum for any college QB right now. First because I do not fool myself into thinking I'm actually a good QB evaluator. Second because I watch mostly the Pac 12 and haven't even watched all that much of that conference as OSU sucks out loud and U of O hasn't been playing like I'd like and I'm too busy for much more than one team right now. Yeah - I'm a fair weather college football fan. Personally, I think the Pac 12 is a little weak this season and I can't really look at any of the QBs and think they are really a better option than Mannion with a year on the sideline.

To me, Goff looks scrawny and tends to drop down in his throws making him play shorter than his height would suggest. I see no real power on his throws and I'm just no into a QB that is reliant on accuracy and touch only. In the NFL, you simply have to be able to rifle it in into small windows at times. I think this is part of the problem with Foles. He just doesn't seem to be able to throw that fast ball for a strike when it is called for. I see Goff as no real upgrade. He's not nimble enough to have his legs be a factor in the NFL. He doesn't have the trunk to shed tackles. And I frankly don't see the arm strength he will need to compensate fort that at the next level.

I'm not adverse to seeeing what he can do. He's a smart, coaches kid, and he can spin the ball. I am also not adverse to drafting, or signing another QB, maybe one with some mobility, even if it's just functional. My problem, currently, is that Mannion isn't getting any reps, at all. So, we don't know a whole lot of what he can do, at this point, neither do the coaches, albeit, they know more than us. My philosophy, keep drafting QB's, until you know the future of that position is on your roster.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not adverse to seeeing what he can do. He's a smart, coaches kid, and he can spin the ball. I am also not adverse to drafting, or signing another QB, maybe one with some mobility, even if it's just functional. My problem, currently, is that Mannion isn't getting any reps, at all. So, we don't know a whole lot of what he can do, at this point, neither do the coaches, albeit, they know more than us. My philosophy, keep drafting QB's, until you know the future of that position is on your roster.
Yeah - I just liked what I saw out of Mannion in college more so than what I see out of Goff now. Mannion looked bigger, throws from a higher point, is really no less mobile but did shed defenders with a stronger base, and despite people saying his arm was weak, sure looked like he had more power on his throws than what I see from Goff.

I guess we'll see. But if we are going QB in the 1st, I want to see an obvious upgrade from what we have already in the stable. Mannion is not getting many reps but he is getting some and he is working out with actual NFL players and coaches. He also has experienced playing with a pathetic O-line and few targets as well as having a couple good receivers that he connected with regularly.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Christian Hackenburg won't be a favorite of many here that don't watch too much college football. I have followed a few college scouts who think he has the highest UPSIDE of all QB's possibly coming out. I think it will be a race to the top of second round to pick him up. We can cut Foles with only a 3.5 mill loss according to H.B.'s article just out today and Florio has no clue saying we are in for 6 Mill.

We will need another Offensive Coordinator that can actually work with a young QB as Fisher has a horrible history of such. Fisher may actually hinder getting a good hire at OC here if he is gonna sit on him or interfere as usual. I personally liked the Michigan State kid Cook but he has regressed this season to me and looks like a yonger Foles. UGH!

I personally don't want or think we would waste the picks to even TRY to get up and take Goff. He is not the next AR from Cal in my opinion. Guys he needs major work as does Hackenburgh but I think If we can just start Christian slow and he does all we were asking from Foles he WILL get better and Better in our "O" that will focus on Gurley anyway. He will be the most accurate and I really like his smarts and what he has been through and overcome.

We NEED every pick we have and that 2nd round pick from eagles will be huge. Shame we used our 4th rounder on Donnal last year. I'll give him an off season to bulk up and try to prove me wrong. Hoping getting Wichman reps this season will pay off in the long run. Even though he also needs some offseason healthy time to be at his best and in a major mix to battle for a starting OG spot next season.

We have so many NEEDS with our 1ST round pick and this 1st round will be very Deep not like last years draft and we may take BPA again as it will probably fit a major NEED we have going forward. WR ,DE, MLB , OLT ? , CB (depending on E.J. Gaines' recovery closely watched) . So we have needs in many spots that can grab a possible elite player in that position. That extra 2ND will be HUGE for us with our needs and who we resign to at least keep our "D" at a very HIGH level . and yet FINALLY have an offense that can week after week put up points.

I hate to say it but no matter what , I see Fisher getting another extension (5?) if he wants it. Fisher has NO Experience with building a Championship Offense. I think trying to stay relevant as we are not with the loafing I saw in last weeks game from a few. Lots need to be straightened out. GW got played . Need to find out what we have at the DE position that is key to the "D" we run with DT penetration. Then upgrading our LB play to playoff level. Hope we can resign our CB's & safety or move to Joyner at safety which scares me although I love Joyner.

Trust me guys C. Hakenburgh has all the skills we need to be better than Bridgewater. We will be VERY happy if we can get him and he will be more mobile than many here are aware of. Proper coaching will be key and Weinke would be fine with him. Don't waste a pick to move up for Wentz or use our 1st on Cook as he will probably fall to us when we can get another stud and our QBOTF in top of 2nd round. Maybe his WR first ? To many variables right now. Hate we are talking Draft in November ONCE AGAIN!

We may come out and crush the Ravens but don't get fooled men. This bunch with increasing injuries just is not ready . Sorry . Just making my pitch for Christian Hackenburgh and I have Zero ties or love for Penn State or the Big 10. I'm a SEC fan mostly as I see many 1st rounders coming from Bama & Ohio State & Notre Dame once again this season. Lots of DE and pass rushers this draft. WE NEED ONE BADLY to continue our "D'S" ability to be very good.

nighttrain

Legend

darn fine post though, like you ideas on Mannion
train

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah - I just liked what I saw out of Mannion in college more so than what I see out of Goff now. Mannion looked bigger, throws from a higher point, is really no less mobile but did shed defenders with a stronger base, and despite people saying his arm was weak, sure looked like he had more power on his throws than what I see from Goff.

I guess we'll see. But if we are going QB in the 1st, I want to see an obvious upgrade from what we have already in the stable. Mannion is not getting many reps but he is getting some and he is working out with actual NFL players and coaches. He also has experienced playing with a pathetic O-line and few targets as well as having a couple good receivers that he connected with regularly.
I think Goff might have a little more mobility, but honestly, he's not a slam dunk, IMO. I think the best QB's might not be available for another year or two, but I haven't delved into it, yet. I hope we can get Mannion some meaningful reps, so that we have a better idea, of how far away, or if he's even an option. I will have to defer on this, until draft time.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm going with RGIII just because it would be awesome if he came and resurrected his career here and just crushed it.

I'm thinking its Mannion or more likely a 1st round (trade up) rookie.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I have had a really bad week starting with the loss Sunday, and as is my custom I usually find a way to make things worse before they get better. So with that in mind and fully aware of the ball busting I shall receive from my fellow ROD brothers, I would like to have Krapr nick. I still think he could be reclaimed. Could you imagine him running the read-option with Gurley and Tavon? I think it would work. With a better cast around him he took the niners to the sb and nfc championship his first two years. I think Fisher would be good for him. Just make him quit kissing his biceps and burn all his niner shit.