Pick a 2016 QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams 2016 starting QB?

• Nick Foles

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Case Keenum

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1st Round Rookie (Connor Cook?)

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2nd Round Rookie (Jacoby Brissett? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg?)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Robert Griffin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Trade (Geno Smith? EJ Manuel?)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (Please Note)

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I've tried to keep it to "likely available to the Rams" players, so guys projected to go top 10 in the draft are not included... here goes.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Jared Goff
Paxton Lynch

I will always include these 2, because if one falls...Snead isn't afraid to pull the trigger and trade up.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jared Goff
Paxton Lynch

I will always include these 2, because if one falls...Snead isn't afraid to pull the trigger and trade up.
I left them out because I don't see either of them falling out of the top 5. Unless Manziel shines like a motherfucker down the stretch, one will be a Brown, the other...

...well, hell, before last night I would have said Texan, but they're tied for a playoff spot right now. Possibly a Lion, if Detroit decides to move on from Stafford and his contract (or groom his replacement).

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
FWIW, my vote was for trade. I'd like to see if we can get Geno out of the Jets. He's played good football at the pro level and only lost his starting role this year because someone cold-cocked him in the locker room. Like his skillset and he should still have some chemistry with TA and Bailey (if Sted is still on the team, that is).

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Possibly a Lion, if Detroit decides to move on from Stafford and his contract (or groom his replacement).

Ok, so his cap hit is 22.5 million next year. With a signing bonus of 5.5 million and dead money of 11 million. If they cut him, does the team that picks him up pay 11.5 million or 17 million?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Ok, so his cap hit is 22.5 million next year. With a signing bonus of 5.5 million and dead money of 11 million. If they cut him, does the team that picks him up pay 11.5 million or 17 million?

I can't see them cutting Stafford. He's worth at least a first round pick, and he will be traded if they don't want him. I'm sure the Lions wouldn't have any trouble finding interested buyers. Not sure about the cap hit though

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If he's claimed off waivers, I believe the team that picks him up pays his $17 million base salary. If he's straight cut, the contract is negotiated anew and the old contract doesn't matter (aside from prorated money Detroit still pays him).

Someone might have to correct me but I think that's how it'd work.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I can't see them cutting Stafford. He's worth at least a first round pick, and he will be traded if they don't want him. I'm sure the Lions wouldn't have any trouble finding interested buyers. Not sure about the cap hit though
Not sure about a first, but someone would probably give them a 3rd and a 5th, which is valuable. That cap hit lessens his value, IMO, as does his play this year. I suspect there are some people out there who share my concern that his earlier-career eye-popping numbers were as much a product of having the best WR of his generation in his prime as they are of him being that good of a QB.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not sure about a first, but someone would probably give them a 3rd and a 5th, which is valuable. That cap hit lessens his value, IMO, as does his play this year. I suspect there are some people out there who share my concern that his earlier-career eye-popping numbers were as much a product of having the best WR of his generation in his prime as they are of him being that good of a QB.

A lot of his problems seem to stem from the OL and OC issues Detroit is having, along with having no running game. If he can be around the 16th best QB in the league like he has been for the majority of his career, he's absolutely worth a 1st.

If Sam Bradford was worth a 1st rounder, Stafford is undoubtedly worth the same and more.

The concerns about his WRs are valid though.

FRO

Legend
Jared Goff. I don't care if you have to trade up to get him. He is the one.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
guys projected to go top 10 in the draft are not included
I say this not to be Debbie Downer but solely for the sake of opening up the draft discussions to more possibilities: the Rams are tied for the 9th worst record in the NFL, so even if none of the 2-3 win teams end up passing them, they could get into the top 10 as is with tie-breakers. Probably as much or more likely as some of the other scenarios.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Don't mind drafting another QB, but I'm not sure I could stomach counting on a rookie to start in 2016.:headexplosion:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Other"...I am for getting Drew Brees AND Asshole Face (HC)..Have heard that Payton is having issues with ownership, and with the Palmer example in AZ, I am willing to get Brees to maximize what this team has already...Our defense can't be kept together forever..

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff....but those 2nd round selections are good too...

I'd go Goff....maybe Lynch

but Cook & Hackenberg because of the pro-style systems they have played in.....2nd & 3rd choices....after Goff.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
"Other"...I am for getting Drew Brees AND Asshole Face (HC)..Have heard that Payton is having issues with ownership, and with the Palmer example in AZ, I am willing to get Brees to maximize what this team has already...Our defense can't be kept together forever..

Say good bye to Gregg Williams if Payton comes here. They won't be working together ever again.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
First round, trade up if needed, if I was a betting man I'd put money on us picking close to 10th again. Say Eagles pick around 16th, that should be enough for us to get into the top 5.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
For those who say "trade up," would you be OK with giving up on the opportunity to draft a WR like Will Fuller, Laquon Treadwell or Michael Thomas to take Goff/Lynch? Would you be willing to consider going Treadwell in the 1st and, say, Hackenberg in the 2nd?