Pick a 2016 QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams 2016 starting QB?

• Nick Foles

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Case Keenum

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1st Round Rookie (Connor Cook?)

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2nd Round Rookie (Jacoby Brissett? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg?)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Robert Griffin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Trade (Geno Smith? EJ Manuel?)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (Please Note)

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the offense I envision, if a team takes away Kaepernick's ability to run, then they've also got to stop Gurley and Austin. And that's not going to be a small feat when they've still got to keep an eye on him AND play the passing game, which doesn't have to be all that complex.

I agree with you here. I think Kaepernick has enough ability as a passer to keep a defense honest if the run game is clicking.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After reviewing some film, I found a veteran QB that is a FA and will be reasonably priced that I'd feel comfortable with next year if we stick with Fisher.(I'd still want us to draft one of the top 5 QBs)

Chase Daniel

Mizzou fans know him. Watched his preseason games from 2015 and his two starts in 2013 and 2014. This is after watching Jimmy Garoppolo to see if he's worth trading for. Chase was far more impressive than Garoppolo. He has physical limitations in that he's only 6'0" and has an average arm. However, he thinks quickly, gets the ball out fast, throws with anticipation, and is cool under pressure. In addition to that, he's mobile and athletic enough to run for yardage when the defense gives him a lane.(and he'll take it) I don't think the kid is the next Drew Brees but I think he can be to us what Fitzpatrick has been to the Jets. He throws an accurate, catchable ball. He can manage the game. And his mind works fast on the field. We've missed that his year. We need a QB that thinks fast. Daniel does that.

Considering he'll likely only cost $4 million to $5 million per year to sign as a veteran FA, I think he's the right choice for us if we stick with Fisher. Pair him with a rookie QB and give him a shot at starting. I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised. A number of Chiefs fans were talking about starting him over Alex Smith earlier in the season. That's how impressed they are by him.

He's the QB that I'm throwing my support behind. Great value in terms of salary and us not having to trade for him. I think he has the skill-set to get the job done for us. And I think he's the perfect guy to mentor a young QB and won't be a problem if he's asked to step out of the way for that young QB to start down the line.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I like Chase, but... can he start 16 games and play at a high level? He's got 2 career starts and a 80.2 career passer rating.

Athos

Legend
I like Chase, but... can he start 16 games and play at a high level? He's got 2 career starts and a 80.2 career passer rating.

And yet aren't we undefeated if the QB only puts up an 80 QB rating?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Don't know. That's the rub. But if we knew for sure, he wouldn't be available. Based on the skill-set I saw, I think he can start 16 games (if he stays healthy) and play at a high enough level.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Don't know. That's the rub. But if we knew for sure, he wouldn't be available. Based on the skill-set I saw, I think he can start 16 games (if he stays healthy) and play at a high enough level.
I'd like to think so, just as long as we're not handing the keys to him without viable competition. Mannion and Keenum could be that, I guess.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I think we should either trade up to draft Goff or Lynch or just roll with Keenum. I don't think any of the FAs out there are markedly better than Keenum, really. Aside from Bradford. But I cannot see Sam ending up back here. Case knows the offense already and can hopefully develop some chemistry with the receivers. Might as well stick with him if we aren't getting one of the top QBs in this class.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to think so, just as long as we're not handing the keys to him without viable competition. Mannion and Keenum could be that, I guess.

No, they're not. :LOL:

We need to draft one of the top 5 QBs in addition to signing Daniel.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we should either trade up to draft Goff or Lynch or just roll with Keenum. I don't think any of the FAs out there are markedly better than Keenum, really. Aside from Bradford. But I cannot see Sam ending up back here. Case knows the offense already and can hopefully develop some chemistry with the receivers. Might as well stick with him if we aren't getting one of the top QBs in this class.

Would be a great way to concede another mediocre to bad season before it even starts.