PFF: Top 10 Free Agents 2024 (All Positions)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not sure who the first signings will be. But the Rams have usually abstained from getting involved with the initial signing frenzy when free agency begins. I don't see this year being any different.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Huff doesn't start due to his run defense issues I believe. I don't think that would be an issue for the Rams. Our defensive line is not as staked as the jets.
No thanks. I don’t want to go back to the days when the Niners plow over one side or the other of the Rams defense with a run whenever they feel like it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree, and I think players like Frazier and Van Pran could fall to the 3rd round, with other center prospects like Turner, Raym and Nugent to the 5th or 6th. Especially true if a prospect is viewed as a center-only. However, this guy Powers-Johnson ... don't see anyway he is there at #52.
Yeah I was say he can't get there but Creed Humphrey did so ya never know. But I'll take Van Pran in the third. He's a very Ravens pick to me. Gonna fall for no reason and some team who is smart enough to take advantage will have a long term fixture.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No thanks. I don’t want to go back to the days when the Niners plow over one side or the other of the Rams defense with a run whenever they feel like it.
I get it. But having one player who prioritizes the pass isn't a deal breaker IMO. That's the advantage of a 3-4, right ? Let the defensive end in front of him eat up the blocks.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Not sure who the first signings will be. But the Rams have usually abstained from getting involved with the initial signing frenzy when free agency begins. I don't see this year being any different.
Could be. But could be a different approach this year. Much like 2017. Depends on who they have their eyes on. They have a 2024 AND 2025 first round pick. Normally that's not a situation Snead is comfortable with. And they could have their eyes on somebody Franchised.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Hold my beer. ~ Andrew Whitworth and Bobby Trees

I know, you said usually. Just a reminder that there are exceptions as those two were signed quick to my recollection.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53

2024 NFL Free Agency Primer: Top 10 free agents at every position​

Higgins-Tee-Alamy-scaled.jpg

2RWP2PB Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins (5) reacts after scoring a touchdown during an NFL football game against the Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, Sept. 17, 2023, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/Jeff Dean)

By Brad Spielberger
Nov 21, 2023

• It's a good year to need offensive line help: The interior positions, in particular, feature a surplus of talent.

• Minnesota's QB tandem is set to hit the open market: Kirk Cousins and Josh Dobbs are both pending free agents, leading the way at the quarterback position.

• Draft and trade for yourself: Try PFF's Mock Draft Simulator — trade picks and players and mock for your favorite NFL team.

Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins

While some of the annual NFL free agency disclaimers are necessary — namely, that franchise tags, early extensions and late-season injuries can always shrink these lists — the 2024 free agent class looks to be quite strong at several positions.

The defensive side of the ball offers high-end starting caliber players at every position, with a good mix of talented players who fit varying schemes and have different traits and skill sets that could help any team interested in an upgrade. A loaded 2019 first round produced many defensive linemen who were extended this past offseason, but edge defenders Josh Allen and Brian Burns, as well as interior defender Christian Wilkins, boast difference-making ability if they find their way to unrestricted free agency.

On offense, marquee wide receivers both young and old, headlined by Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr. and Marquise Brown Jr., could provide a boost to plenty of offenses in need of more reliable pass-catchers. While the 2024 draft class is not viewed as strong at interior offensive line, the free agent class is quite the opposite, with centers and guards aplenty.

All in all, as of this writing, the free agent class looks impressive in comparison to the typical class, with plenty of veteran depth and rotational contributors to go along with the flashier names.

Offense

QUARTERBACK

1. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings
  2. Josh Dobbs, Minnesota Vikings
  3. Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans
  4. Jameis Winston, New Orleans Saints
  5. Baker Mayfield, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  6. Gardner Minshew, Indianapolis Colts
  7. Tyler Huntley, Baltimore Ravens
  8. Sam Darnold, San Francisco 49ers
  9. Teddy Bridgewater, Detroit Lions
  10. Tyrod Taylor, New York Giants

RUNNING BACK

1. Saquon Barkley, New York Giants
  2. Josh Jacobs, Las Vegas Raiders
  3. Derrick Henry, Tennessee Titans
  4. Austin Ekeler, Los Angeles Chargers
  5. Tony Pollard, Dallas Cowboys
  6. D’Andre Swift, Philadelphia Eagles
  7. J.K. Dobbins, Baltimore Ravens
  8. Zack Moss, Indianapolis Colts
  9. Ezekiel Elliott, New England Patriots
  10. Devin Singletary, Houston Texans
Next up: Kareem Hunt (CLE), D’Onta Foreman (CHI)

CENTER

1. Connor Williams, Miami Dolphins
  2. Andre James, Las Vegas Raiders
  3. Lloyd Cushenberry, Denver Broncos
  4. Tyler Biadasz, Dallas Cowboys
  5. Coleman Shelton, Los Angeles Rams
  6. Evan Brown, Seattle Seahawks
  7. Connor McGovern, New York Jets
  8. Trystan Colon, Arizona Cardinals
  9. Sam Mustipher, Baltimore Ravens
  10. Ryan Jensen, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

GUARD

1. Kevin Zeitler, Baltimore Ravens
  2. Robert Hunt, Miami Dolphins
  3. Jon Runyan Jr., Green Bay Packers
  4. Kevin Dotson, Los Angeles Rams
  5. Aaron Brewer, Tennessee Titans
  6. Dalton Risner, Minnesota Vikings
  7. John Simpson, Baltimore Ravens
  8. Jonah Jackson, Detroit Lions
  9. Damien Lewis, Seattle Seahawks
  10. Phil Haynes, Seattle Seahawks
Next up: Ezra Cleveland (JAX), Isaiah Wynn (MIA)

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

1. Tyron Smith, Dallas Cowboys
  2. Trent Brown, New England Patriots
  3. Michael Onwenu, New England Patriots
  4. Mekhi Becton, New York Jets
  5. Jonah Williams, Cincinnati Bengals
  6. Austin Jackson, Miami Dolphins
  7. Donovan Smith, Kansas City Chiefs
  8. Jermaine Eluemunor, Las Vegas Raiders
  9. George Fant, Houston Texans
  10. Josh Jones, Houston Texans

TIGHT END

1. Dalton Schultz, Houston Texans
  2. Noah Fant, Seattle Seahawks
  3. Hunter Henry, New England Patriots
  4. Gerald Everett, Los Angeles Chargers
  5. Adam Trautman, Denver Broncos
  6. Austin Hooper, Las Vegas Raiders
  7. Mike Gesicki, New England Patriots
  8. Colby Parkinson, Seattle Seahawks
  9. Pharaoh Brown, New England Patriots
  10. Harrison Bryant, Cleveland Browns

WIDE RECEIVER

1. Tee Higgins, Cincinnati Bengals
  2. Michael Pittman, Indianapolis Colts
  3. Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  4. Marquise Brown, Arizona Cardinals
  5. Calvin Ridley, Jacksonville Jaguars
  6. Darnell Mooney, Chicago Bears
  7. Tyler Boyd, Cincinnati Bengals
  8. Gabriel Davis, Buffalo Bills
  9. Michael Thomas, New Orleans Saints
  10. D.J. Chark, Carolina Panthers
Next up: Odell Beckham Jr. (BAL), Josh Reynolds (DET), Noah Brown (HOU), Curtis Samuel (WSH), Nick Westbrook-Ikhine (TEN), K.J. Osborn (MIN)

Defense

EDGE DEFENDER

1. Josh Allen, Jacksonville Jaguars
  2. Brian Burns, Carolina Panthers
  3. Danielle Hunter, Minnesota Vikings
  4. Chase Young, San Francisco 49ers
  5. Bryce Huff, New York Jets
  6. Jonathan Greenard, Houston Texans
  7. Za’Darius Smith, Cleveland Browns
  8. Leonard Floyd, Buffalo Bills
  9. Jadeveon Clowney, Baltimore Ravens
  10. Josh Uche, New England Patriots
Next up: Andrew Van Ginkel (MIA), Carl Lawson (NYJ), Brandon Graham (PHI), Denico Autry (TEN), Dorance Armstrong (DAL), Mario Edwards Jr. (SEA), Marcus Davenport (MIN)

Chase Young too high on this list ... I see maybe 3-4 guys who would really help, if available, not franchised ... and are scheme fits

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I know some on here are high on this cat but he was a non factor until this year.
Definately broke out in 2024, but was solid rotational guy for a couple of years ... but he's an UDFA type who's worked his way to being a good player.

Wouldn't overpay ... but his get-off is among best in NFL and can play LBer in Shula's scheme, I think ... I'd take him over, say, Chase Young who was a top 2 pick -- so yeah, get what you are saying and it is a concern ... always question guys in contract year -- that's valid but could also mean getting him for less than Burns (if available) or Young or Hunter, etc and is ascending ...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Ordinarily, I’d agree with you and still do this time… except… if we can get Allen or Burns… we’ll go guns blazing

Short of that, I agree.

Their new draft analytics metrics have caught the NFL evaluation system flat-footed, so they may just stick to it and have faith in their coaching to get continued production from rookies

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If you get the Athletic.. Mueller's top 150 FAs is out. Pretty interesting. Has Dotson at #17, overall. Only other guy from Rams on list was Fuller... waaaaay down.

No Akhello.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Ordinarily, I’d agree with you and still do this time… except… if we can get Allen or Burns… we’ll go guns blazing

Short of that, I agree.

Their new draft analytics metrics have caught the NFL evaluation system flat-footed, so they may just stick to it and have faith in their coaching to get continued production from rookies
In order to get either one of those guys, we are essentially giving up a cheap young stud CB (or perhaps even an edge like Latu) AND paying them out the nose (not to mention, probably more then just pick 19). I'm very much against it this year, especially for Burns, who I'm not super high on. Allen is tempting, but, again, we are giving up a cheap stud and paying someone 20+ million a year. I'll pass.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you get the Athletic.. Mueller's top 150 FAs is out. Pretty interesting. Has Dotson at #17, overall. Only other guy from Rams on list was Fuller... waaaaay down.

No Akhello.
No Jordan Whitehead, unless I overlooked him. I saw someone mentioned him for the Rams. He’d be a decent late signing.

dang

Legend
I’d love FA vets who could provide a deadly pass rush or a shutdown pass coverage. However, I don’t see the Rams paying $18m-$20m for any one FA. So I’m resigned to 2-3 second/third wave FAs that can shore up multiple areas of need for the price of 1 first wave FA.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's my concern regarding Dotson
I understand the concern about a guy cashing-in at the top of his market without an extensive track record of success.

What I do think with Dotson is that much of his previous lack of success was directly related to being put in the wrong position and being on a team that seems to actually hate offense.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I’d love FA vets who could provide a deadly pass rush or a shutdown pass coverage. However, I don’t see the Rams paying $18m-$20m for any one FA. So I’m resigned to 2-3 second/third wave FAs that can shore up multiple areas of need for the price of 1 first wave FA.
Exactly. We seemed to do well with Witherspoon in that regard and honestly, Dotson was a cut candidate with the Steelers before we traded for him (it was rumored).