PFF: Top 10 Free Agents 2024 (All Positions)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hunter will be a bidding war. If so then go get that corner from Chicago then draft a pairing for Young. This defense would jump for sure I think.
If you're not winning the bidding war for him, you need to pull in one of the guys a tier below him or.. gulp.. Chase Young.. injury concerns and all.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Hunter will be a bidding war. If so then go get that corner from Chicago then draft a pairing for Young. This defense would jump for sure I think.
Definitely a top edge player won't come cheap but you can't cover forever, the pass rush needs the most improvement. I haven't really followed the top edges in college football but I'd rather have a proven player to pair with AD, Turner and Young.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This class is deep at both edge and offensive tackle. We should be able to get an excellent prospect even if we pick in the teens.
true but a gamble none the less. At edge I would rather have a proven player. It's the one position that will have a profound effect on the defense but that's just my opinion

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
At edge I would rather have a proven player.
Whilst I understand your point, I don’t think any of the top two or three edges hits free agency this offseason.

I’d have no problem with us taking Latu, Turner, Verse or Robinson in the draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Definitely a top edge player won't come cheap but you can't cover forever, the pass rush needs the most improvement. I haven't really followed the top edges in college football but I'd rather have a proven player to pair with AD, Turner and Young.
Well it's basically two ways to achieve the same thing. If your corners are good enough you can make QBs hold the ball on average long enough for a more mediocre rush to do the job. Most teams get it done by quicker disruption because it's easier to get a couple plus rushers than stacking a secondary.

But looking at this roster we have some really nice pieces in place in that secondary. Not all of them will work out of course. Still a lot to wait on. Let's say though they go get that Chicago kid and fill that CB1 role. Now they have three corners after next year's camp to fill the slot and other outside spot. That would make for tough sledding for opposing passing games.

In that defensive front we have AD. We have Turner in the rotation with the interior pressure too. We have Young going into year two. And if we draft another high effort edge that might tip this defense into a really good category of frustrating QBs.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Well it's basically two ways to achieve the same thing. If your corners are good enough you can make QBs hold the ball on average long enough for a more mediocre rush to do the job. Most teams get it done by quicker disruption because it's easier to get a couple plus rushers than stacking a secondary.

But looking at this roster we have some really nice pieces in place in that secondary. Not all of them will work out of course. Still a lot to wait on. Let's say though they go get that Chicago kid and fill that CB1 role. Now they have three corners after next year's camp to fill the slot and other outside spot. That would make for tough sledding for opposing passing games.

In that defensive front we have AD. We have Turner in the rotation with the interior pressure too. We have Young going into year two. And if we draft another high effort edge that might tip this defense into a really good category of frustrating QBs.
I see your point Merlin but I just feel that the biggest boost would be to improve that edge vs corner. I believe our secondary is actually better than what most think. The passrush is nonexistent most of the time. I really hope that Snead can sign Hunter.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Whilst I understand your point, I don’t think any of the top two or three edges hits free agency this offseason.

I’d have no problem with us taking Latu, Turner, Verse or Robinson in the draft.
I believe Hunter and Young will. The others will most likely be tagged.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
true but a gamble none the less. At edge I would rather have a proven player. It's the one position that will have a profound effect on the defense but that's just my opinion
Exactly.
And even high first round pick edges often have tough rookie seasons.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I think the Rams will make an offer to Floyd once he voids 2024 with the Bills. I’d say something in the neighborhood of 2 years $20M with $14M guaranteed. If he is looking for 3 years maybe Rams go as high as 3 years $26M and $18M guaranteed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like Floyd but it felt like his effort wasn't always there that last season with us. So my guess now is it is unlikely they bring him back.

Since Nov I have been won over by Dotson's consistency, though he still represents a ton of risk. Agree now we should at least try to ink him.

Chicago seems determined to retain their corner, so we will see what KC does with Sneed.

Gonna see a lot of the options dry up here soon and Les made comments that alluded to a less than aggressive FA window, so my expectations are lowering. Maybe he's sand bagging but we'll see here soon.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams will make an offer to Floyd once he voids 2024 with the Bills. I’d say something in the neighborhood of 2 years $20M with $14M guaranteed. If he is looking for 3 years maybe Rams go as high as 3 years $26M and $18M guaranteed.
I dunno about that. He only got 7 mill last season coming off back to back 9+ sack years, so I'm not seeing how his value increased while his age did as well?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Noticed that Floyd had 9.5 sacks in the Bills' first eleven game but only 1 sack in their final six games.

dang

Legend
That’s an option. Which allows the Rams to draft another R3 Edge to pair with Young for eventual stater tandem.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't forget about the Bills edge A J Epenesa either. He is a free agent that has looked very good at times. Von Miler, Floyd... they can't pay everybody.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Don't forget about the Bills edge A J Epenesa either. He is a free agent that has looked very good at times. Von Miler, Floyd... they can't pay everybody.
Honestly would love if we could sign Epenesa, but, not sure he's perfect for our defensive scheme, provided Shula maintains Morris' scheme. AJ shouldn't be dropping back to cover anyone anytime soon I don't think. Also, curious as to why AJ had more sacks then tackles last year? Wonder if that reflects his lack of run stopping ability?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Damn, I was 3 pages into this thread before I realized it was started mid-November. I was looking for a good end of season updated list. Dobbs at #2 QB behind Cousins was a knee-jerk take that flamed out quick. Mayfield may be #1 or #2 now behind Cousins. Wentz has to back in the conversation as a top shelf backup.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This class is deep at both edge and offensive tackle. We should be able to get an excellent prospect even if we pick in the teens.
Is it deep at edge? I heard it wasn't. Offensive tackle I heard was top heavy but not sure about deep.