Our Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

scifiman

During the regular season you have a 53 man roster. 46 suit up on game day but lets just stick to 53 to see who makes the cut and who does not.

For our offense we usually have 24 guys. This breaks down as follows. In parenthesis on the bubble.
QB - 2 Bradford, Hill, (Austin, Gilbert)
RB - 4 Stacy, Cunningham, Mason, (Pead, Richardson, Reynolds)
OL - 9 Long, Robinson, Wells, Saffold, Barksdale, Jones, Barnes, Washington, Person (Hooey and draftees other than Robinson on the bubble and you could probably put Person there too.)
TE - 3 Cook, Kendricks, Harkey (Cunningham)
WR - 6 Austin, Bailey, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Britt (Blake, Moe, Veltung)

On defense we usually keep 26 guys. This breaks down as follows. In parenthesis on the bubble.
DL - 9 Long, Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Langford, Hayes, Carrington, Sims. (Conrath, Brodine, Cudjo, Sam for last spot)
LB - 7 Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Dunbar, Armstrong, Bates leaves 3 spots open (Brown, McSurdy, Sabino, Steward) Sam could also be in the mix here.
DB - 10 Jenkins, Johnson, McDonald, McGee, McLeod, Davis, Daniels, Joyner leaves 2 spots open (Alexander, Bryant, Gaines, Reid, Woodard)

Special teams we keep 3 guys.
K - 1 Zurlein
P - 1 Hekker
LS - 1 McQuaide

So when you add in all the UDFA this is going to be really hard to make this team. Any thoughts on who you think are going to make it or not?

What is our weakest position? Our strongest?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll take a stab at guessing the roster spots (at least, how I would do the roster spots):

QB: Bradford, Hill, Gilbert.
RB: Stacy, B. Cunningham, Mason, Watts.
WR: Austin, Bailey, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Moe, Sherman.
TE: Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, J. Cunningham.
OL: J. Long, Robinson, Jones, Saffold, Barksdale, Barnes, Van Dyk, Rhaney.
DL: C. Long, Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Langford, Hayes, Sims, Conrath, Sam.
LB: Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Dunbar, Armstrong, Bates, Steward.
DB: Jenkins, Johnson, McDonald, McLeod, Joyner, Alexander, Gaines, Daniels, Davis, McGee, Bryant.
ST: Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Instead of strongest and weakest, I'll go deep and shallow. Because, I like our LB corp, but it drops off after our starters.

Deepest: RB, TE, DL

Shallow: LB, DB, T

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I realize this is all based on what the roster looks like at the present time. But I have heard rumblings that H. Dahl may be back when the dust settles. And bringing in veterans like this at other positions (LB & OG) would make a lot of sense.

Assuming Robinson and Saffold are the projected starters at Guard, having someone like Dahl suddenly changes the complexion of the entire O-line and its versatility and depth. Jones would serve as a depth guy at all 3 interior positions, and Saffold is the fall back guy at either Tackle positions. If Boudreau has proven one thing, he likes versatile players, and is not afraid to move people around to put the best unit possible considering an injuries which always seem to crop up.

So the 8-9 man unit would look something like: Long, Barksdale, Richardson, Saffold, Wells, Jones, Barnes, Dahl, Washington.

I can also see a similar scenario at LB. There will most likely be a veteran brought in much like Witherspoon was last year to supplement the LB corp.

Last edited:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'll take a stab at guessing the roster spots (at least, how I would do the roster spots):

QB: Bradford, Hill, Gilbert.
RB: Stacy, B. Cunningham, Mason, Watts.
WR: Austin, Bailey, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Moe, Sherman.
TE: Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, J. Cunningham.
OL: J. Long, Robinson, Jones, Saffold, Barksdale, Barnes, Van Dyk, Rhaney.
DL: C. Long, Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Langford, Hayes, Sims, Conrath, Sam.
LB: Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Dunbar, Armstrong, Bates, Steward.
DB: Jenkins, Johnson, McDonald, McLeod, Joyner, Alexander, Gaines, Daniels, Davis, McGee, Bryant.
ST: Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide.

A couple head scratchers here to me...but most glaringly is your absence of Alex Carrington. And who the heck is Sherman?
And although Pead has all but been a failure as a RB, he's played a lot of special teams. Watts will need to have shown quite a bit in that regard to take that spot from Pead.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
A couple head scratchers here to me...but most glaringly is your absence of Alex Carrington. And who the heck is Sherman?
And although Pead has all but been a failure as a RB, he's played a lot of special teams. Watts will need to have shown quite a bit in that regard to take that spot from Pead.

Jamaine Sherman is an UDFA WR we picked up last night.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Lol, don't forget D. Rich...he's most likely a goner as well. Pead is more valuable than him.

scifiman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize this is all based on what the roster looks like at the present time. But I have heard rumblings that H. Dahl may be back when the dust settles. And bringing in veterans like this at other positions (LB & OG) would make a lot of sense.

Assuming Richardson and Saffold are the projected starters at Guard, having someone like Dahl suddenly changes the complexion of the entire O-line and its versatility and depth. Jones would serve as a depth guy at all 3 interior positions, and Saffold is the fall back guy at either Tackle positions. If Boudreau has proven one thing, he likes versatile players, and is not afraid to move people around to put the best unit possible considering an injuries which always seem to crop up.

So the 8-9 man unit would look something like: Long, Barksdale, Richardson, Saffold, Wells, Jones, Barnes, Dahl, Washington.

I can also see a similar scenario at LB. There will most likely be a veteran brought in much like Witherspoon was last year to supplement the LB corp.
I assume you mean Robinson and not Richardson. I dont know that they would bring Dahl back unless we get the injury bug.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Did I miss something? what are you talking about?

image.jpg

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I assume you mean Robinson and not Richardson. I dont know that they would bring Dahl back unless we get the injury bug.

Thank you,, and I fixed in the OP,,, I think Dahl, would make a lot of sense, in a depth/backup role. Obviously, at the vet minimum.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Not sure why we'd want to bring Dahl back. We've definitely got our starters at G set (Robinson & Saffold) so long as there isn't an injury at T or G (and of course, if Long is back Week 1, but all reports are that he will be) and after his decline last year, I'm not sure if he still has backup value.

scifiman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Exactly. It wouldn't be a Rams offseason without a UDFA Division III receiver making our 53 man roster.
Been there, done that. How about we start with the Garrett Gilbert starts after Bradford and Hill both go down and leads the team to the playoffs scenario. He never gives up the job after that and wins a couple of Super Bowls. Nice to dream, huh?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Not sure why we'd want to bring Dahl back. We've definitely got our starters at G set (Robinson & Saffold) so long as there isn't an injury at T or G (and of course, if Long is back Week 1, but all reports are that he will be) and after his decline last year, I'm not sure if he still has backup value.

If Long is not ready early, it would be nice to have some veteran depth on the roster. Especially veteran depth that knows the offense and is capable of playing a couple positions.