Our Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Not sure why we'd want to bring Dahl back. We've definitely got our starters at G set (Robinson & Saffold) so long as there isn't an injury at T or G (and of course, if Long is back Week 1, but all reports are that he will be) and after his decline last year, I'm not sure if he still has backup value.

For the vet min, why wouldnt you?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
For the vet min, why wouldnt you?
If a player has lost it, he's not worth even the vet minimum, even if he was really good before.

If that wasn't the case, very few players would retire. ;)

PhxRam

If a player has lost it, he's not worth even the vet minimum, even if he was really good before.

If that wasn't the case, very few players would retire. ;)

It is not like he is coming back to start. As a backup he makes sense.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It is not like he is coming back to start. As a backup he makes sense.
If Fisher makes the move, I'll trust him... but not sure that he will. Dahl would still have to be better than someone who still has upside for it to make sense (since I don't think Fisher's in "Win Now" mode.)

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm not going to go through a whole roster depth chart right now, but I will offer these nuggets:

1) Barring injury, WR T.J. Moe & TE/FB Justice Cunningham should make it AWFULLY difficult for the Rams to cut them.

2) If Matt Daniels can stay healthy, he's going to have a lot to say about who is starting at FS.

3) Some are writing off Pead, too quickly. He plays special teams and could be the best 3rd down back on the roster.

4) I agree with CoachO that Dahl will likely be back prior to training camp.

5) This might be the first offseason that not one of the post-draft UDFA pickups make the team. Best bet might be North Alabama LB Tavarius Wilson.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A couple head scratchers here to me...but most glaringly is your absence of Alex Carrington. And who the heck is Sherman?
And although Pead has all but been a failure as a RB, he's played a lot of special teams. Watts will need to have shown quite a bit in that regard to take that spot from Pead.

Carrington, while he may have more pass-rushing talent than Conrath, has not shown the ability to stay healthy. I think that edges him out.

Jamaine Sherman is a 6'3" wide receiver who has 4.4 speed. He's a real height/weight/speed guy, but he can catch as well. Been to three community colleges, was at Abilene Christian in 2011 (the same year as D-Rich), posted over 1,000 yards and seven touchdowns when he became the primary target at the DIII school he went to in his senior year. He's a developmental receiver, but with a lot of potential.

As for Pead and Watts...I honestly don't know who to put in there. Pead's an okay special teams player, but Watts has shown that he can play that as well. I wanted to put Richardson in there, but he can't do special teams. Reynolds is good at special teams, but he can't really do anything else well enough to stick.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Jamaine Sherman is a 6'3" wide receiver who has 4.4 speed. He's a real height/weight/speed guy, but he can catch as well. Been to three community colleges, was at Abilene Christian in 2011 (the same year as D-Rich), posted over 1,000 yards and seven touchdowns when he became the primary target at the DIII school he went to in his senior year. He's a developmental receiver, but with a lot of potential.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130676&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

If this is the same player he's actually 6'1 1/2" 185 and ran a 4.57/40.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
All i got to say is this is getting to be a hard team to make the roster and if a player does he will have to show up everyday and fight to stay on it.

scifiman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All i got to say is this is getting to be a hard team to make the roster and if a player does he will have to show up everyday and fight to stay on it.
Just the way you want it. Hungry.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Our standard numbers might get juggled a little especially on D where the LB numbers may drop for DB's and DL's.
The Dl and DB battles should be epic.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Lol, don't forget D. Rich...he's most likely a goner as well. Pead is more valuable than him.

You really think Richardson is gone? I don't think Pead stays just because he has special team reps. These new rookies have special teams value (Alexander, Gaines, Joyner, and Reid if you count him) and could take over. I just think D. Rich has more RB value than Pead and Reynolds.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
You really think Richardson is gone? I don't think Pead stays just because he has special team reps. These new rookies have special teams value (Alexander, Gaines, Joyner, and Reid if you count him) and could take over. I just think D. Rich has more RB value than Pead and Reynolds.

Pead is the best pass blocker on the roster. Richardson struggles in that area. As long as Stacy is here, and now Mason, tell me what Richardson brings that sets him apart from those guys to warrant them keeping him over Pead?

He has ZERO ST value, doesn't block, has suspect hands, doesn't break tackles, and when handed the starters job, lost it after the SF game when N. Bowman destroyed him by blitzing every time he was in the game in a passing situation.

Not saying that Pead is a lock to make the roster either, but if they keep one or the other, its not gonna be Richardson. He was a healthy "inactive" from the 11th week on. And you think he stays?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's just too early for me to even attempt this exercise in futility. I have to take a week off from speculation.:confused:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Pead is the best pass blocker on the roster. Richardson struggles in that area. As long as Stacy is here, and now Mason, tell me what Richardson brings that sets him apart from those guys to warrant them keeping him over Pead?

He has ZERO ST value, doesn't block, has suspect hands, doesn't break tackles, and when handed the starters job, lost it after the SF game when N. Bowman destroyed him by blitzing every time he was in the game in a passing situation.

Not saying that Pead is a lock to make the roster either, but if they keep one or the other, its not gonna be Richardson. He was a healthy "inactive" from the 11th week on. And you think he stays?

Honestly, the only time I think Pead should come in is during passing situations. Pead can catch but he fumbles very often and has never been an effective rusher so I just don't see him as what we drafted him to be. Stacy, Cunningham, and probably Mason should be the featured backs and handle the RB duties. Richardson could be good depth considering he has rare speed and he had promising performances in the starting role when he was fresh.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Honestly, the only time I think Pead should come in is during passing situations. Pead can catch but he fumbles very often and has never been an effective rusher so I just don't see him as what we drafted him to be. Stacy, Cunningham, and probably Mason should be the featured backs and handle the RB duties. Richardson could be good depth considering he has rare speed and he had promising performances in the starting role when he was fresh.

Cunningham has as much of a fumbling issue as Pead. Mason has NEVER pass blocked. and Pead is every bit as fast, if not faster than Richardson. And why do you keep Richardson if all he can do is run the ball? and didn't do that well enough to be ACTIVE the last 6 weeks of the season. Stop looking at just the rushing yards as the basis for what these guys are able to do to contribute to the overall success of the team.

I am not trying to say that Pead will be anything more that the 3rd down back. But he is the BEST option in that role on the roster.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Cunningham has as much of a fumbling issue as Pead. Mason has NEVER pass blocked. and Pead is every bit as fast, if not faster than Richardson. And why do you keep Richardson if all he can do is run the ball? and didn't do that well enough to be ACTIVE the last 6 weeks of the season. Stop looking at just the rushing yards as the basis for what these guys are able to do to contribute to the overall success of the team.

I am not trying to say that Pead will be anything more that the 3rd down back. But he is the BEST option in that role on the roster.

My issue with Pead is why have an RB on the roster that is ineffective at running the ball? If you are going to make a case for good blocking with a mild threat of a run then we might as well give that roster spot to a FB. Cunningham may fumble nearly as often but he has contributed in the running game in between his mistakes at the very least. Richardson was starting caliber early last season and I am convinced that turf toe was his limitation which probably got tweeked again later in the season. I have faith he is back to form while I have never seen Pead in an acceptable form for the span of a full game.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
My issue with Pead is why have an RB on the roster that is ineffective at running the ball? If you are going to make a case for good blocking with a mild threat of a run then we might as well give that roster spot to a FB. Cunningham may fumble nearly as often but he has contributed in the running game in between his mistakes at the very least. Richardson was starting caliber early last season and I am convinced that turf toe was his limitation which probably got tweeked again later in the season. I have faith he is back to form while I have never seen Pead in an acceptable form for the span of a full game.

Do you know exactly why Pead hasn't been able to get carries? I sure as hell don't know, because it's not his ability that's holding him back.

He was relegated to ST's because of being stuck in the dog house, and has found a home there. You might even say that he's shined on Punt coverage. I really don't think Pead's growth is done, whereas D. Rich has reached his ceiling.