Our Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Do you know exactly why Pead hasn't been able to get carries? I sure as hell don't know, because it's not his ability that's holding him back.

He was relegated to ST's because of being stuck in the dog house, and has found a home there. You might even say that he's shined on Punt coverage. I really don't think Pead's growth is done, whereas D. Rich has reached his ceiling.

I'm fairly sure that Pead has some mental issues or insecurities that limit his running game. I believe it was apparent the week Fisher told him not to dress even though he was healthy. Pead has a ton of potential but that's all he has had in his two year stint as far as RB goes.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm fairly sure that Pead has some mental issues or insecurities that limit his running game. I believe it was apparent the week Fisher told him not to dress even though he was healthy. Pead has a ton of potential but that's all he has had in his two year stint as far as RB goes.

Potential is still better than falling off. This is where D.Rich's ride ends. Frankly, I think Reynolds is more valuable than Pead and D.Rich.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Potential is still better than falling off. This is where D.Rich's ride ends. Frankly, I think Reynolds is more valuable than Pead and D.Rich.

Could be. I attribute decline in Richardson's play to his injury though and I think he needs another shot at 100% before I throw in the towel on him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Long is not ready early, it would be nice to have some veteran depth on the roster. Especially veteran depth that knows the offense and is capable of playing a couple positions.

Yes a big yes Memphis .....Simple fact we just plain do not have any veteran depth period. Since his arrival, Fisher has not made any major investments in the OL through the Draft until Thursday night when he did move on one. The drafting of OL Greg Robinson was towards the future @ OLT and the present now @ OLG.

Fisher in 2012 & 2013 has had veteran reserves here. Now all he has in 2014 is OC/OG Tim Barnes. 26 yr old UDFA has 3 TC's & preseasons under his belt but only 4 starts. It does need to be said he has suited up and played in 31 Ram games. Barnes has played the three internal OL posts but he is no OT. So that's all the veteran depth.

Fisher's next most experienced (that word should not be used) OL'er is OG Brandon Washington whom I would expect to try to fill the Shelley Smith role has never started but did get to start in place of OLG Chris Williams for 2 Quarters in game #17. BW was drafted by the Eagles in the 6th rd. in 2012 but was snagged but Boudreau in the late last roster cuts & bounce back from the PS and MR many times. In 2013 preseason BW played three positions ORT/OLG & ORG. BW's best position by far is OLG. BW did play OLT for Miami Canes. BW is only 6-2/320 after missing several meals!

Harvey Dahl could be considered much later. Not the best thing for us but he knows Boudreau well. If his worn down body could fully heal & then get back in playing shape up for one more NFL season as a reserve OL'er he just might return @ the right price. Like CoachO said earlier in this discussion were just going off what the Rams have on the roster now.

I would guess that the Org. will once again be hovering around WWC's line looking to hook up a veteran who can swing both sides left & right & play both inside & out! That's not a easy find. Sure would have been nice to have drafted a OT in previous Ram drafts but it was not done time now to pay the piper for that past missed opportunity. But hey we did draft 5 WR's instead. The outside OL'er is the main thing with this OL. Harvey just does not fill this major present concern. Harvey does not swing both sides but he could do ORT/ORG back up.

If Long does suffer a set back, or there is a failure to return to previous form there is always starting ORG Rodger Saffold. I am sure would prefer Rookie Greg Robinson starts inside @ OLG for this first season. This is where a vet like Harvey Dahl comes in, Harvey could move back into his former home @ ORG & Saffold could attempt to hold up his old stomping grounds again @ OLT. Neither is preferred but as we know the Rams OL always gets the injury virus over and over again. That's why the Rams went with 10 & 11 OL's all last season & I would fully expect the master roster to reflect the same this season.

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
My issue with Pead is why have an RB on the roster that is ineffective at running the ball? If you are going to make a case for good blocking with a mild threat of a run then we might as well give that roster spot to a FB. Cunningham may fumble nearly as often but he has contributed in the running game in between his mistakes at the very least. Richardson was starting caliber early last season and I am convinced that turf toe was his limitation which probably got tweeked again later in the season. I have faith he is back to form while I have never seen Pead in an acceptable form for the span of a full game.

Richardson was given the job at the beginning of the season, based on two things IMO.

1) he was the most experienced returning RB given his role in 2012
2) the suspension of Pead made it counter productive to go into GAME ONE with him as the starter.

That being said, I watched every single training camp practice, and BOTH Pead and Richardson shared every rep with the 1st unit throughout the entire camp. So in somebody's mind (Schottenheimer, Fisher or Ben Sirmans- RB Coach) Pead must have had something to offer.

You continue to say he has NOT been productive as a runner. I will concede he hasn't had the number of carries, but his YPC average, 4.4 is better than Richardson's especially his 2013 number of 3.1 YPC (as the starter). Again, you may discount the ST contributions, but regardless, as what appears to be at best a supporting role for either of them, Richardson's complete lack of ST contribution to me, puts him as the odd man out. Richardson was a HEALTY "inactive" from Week 10 on, while Pead was dressed and very active.

Your point of view, screams of the "fantasy football" mentality. And yet, when looking at putting together a complete roster, its not just about rushing stats.

scifiman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you know exactly why Pead hasn't been able to get carries? I sure as hell don't know, because it's not his ability that's holding him back.

He was relegated to ST's because of being stuck in the dog house, and has found a home there. You might even say that he's shined on Punt coverage. I really don't think Pead's growth is done, whereas D. Rich has reached his ceiling.
I think I have to agree with you on this. I think Richardson just gets dinged up too much and does not play through the pain very well. I have seen this with Pead too. Sure would like some inside info on these guys.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I get a sneaky feeling Pead is going to surprise this year in camp and make it hard as hell for this coaching staff to make roster decisions when it comes to RBs and STs.

xander47

Rookie

If you go to the 4:15 mark, when Les Snead starts talking about the Tre Mason pick, he brings up Zac, Benny, and Isaiah. Probably doesn't mean anything, but since the Pead/Richardson argument is pretty big on the board, thought it'd be nice to bring up.

nighttrain

Legend
I'm not going to go through a whole roster depth chart right now, but I will offer these nuggets:

1) Barring injury, WR T.J. Moe & TE/FB Justice Cunningham should make it AWFULLY difficult for the Rams to cut them.

2) If Matt Daniels can stay healthy, he's going to have a lot to say about who is starting at FS.

3) Some are writing off Pead, too quickly. He plays special teams and could be the best 3rd down back on the roster.

4) I agree with CoachO that Dahl will likely be back prior to training camp.

5) This might be the first offseason that not one of the post-draft UDFA pickups make the team. Best bet might be North Alabama LB Tavarius Wilson.
Cody Davis is already ahead of Daniels, and the only DB with 4.4 speed. Pead will make the squad. north bama guy could make it as LB is weak spot depth wise
train

Memphis Ram

Legend
Cody Davis is already ahead of Daniels, and the only DB with 4.4 speed. Pead will make the squad. north bama guy could make it as LB is weak spot depth wise
train

Was he prior to Daniels getting hurt? Guess it doesn't matter now. New ball game this offseason.

lockdnram21

Legend

lockdnram21

Legend
I think one of those scouting reports is probably wrong :p
I do know however that on the 90 man pre-season squad last year, we
had a 6'3" 4.3 40 guy from Abilene Christian called Raymond Radway. Maybe they are getting their UDFA WR's mixed up :D

I think that scouting reports wrong. On the the videoes and other sites it says 6'3. No way this guy is that slow. on every pass he had at least 5 yards. He wasnt learning anything playing with those guys. Hes Super raw. But i dont think he is as raw as Quick was. He needs to put on some muscle.

lockdnram21

Legend
D Rich congratulated him on twitter and the one that went to AB is 6'3 Speedster. Hopefully we can put him on our Practice Squad and try to develop him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Richardson was given the job at the beginning of the season, based on two things IMO.

1) he was the most experienced returning RB given his role in 2012
2) the suspension of Pead made it counter productive to go into GAME ONE with him as the starter.

That being said, I watched every single training camp practice, and BOTH Pead and Richardson shared every rep with the 1st unit throughout the entire camp. So in somebody's mind (Schottenheimer, Fisher or Ben Sirmans- RB Coach) Pead must have had something to offer.

You continue to say he has NOT been productive as a runner. I will concede he hasn't had the number of carries, but his YPC average, 4.4 is better than Richardson's especially his 2013 number of 3.1 YPC (as the starter). Again, you may discount the ST contributions, but regardless, as what appears to be at best a supporting role for either of them, Richardson's complete lack of ST contribution to me, puts him as the odd man out. Richardson was a HEALTY "inactive" from Week 10 on, while Pead was dressed and very active.

Your point of view, screams of the "fantasy football" mentality. And yet, when looking at putting together a complete roster, its not just about rushing stats.

Snead said before the draft that he definitely sees Richardson on the 2014-2015 final roster. Either way, I wish the best to both of these guys. In any case, Richardson's rushing numbers took a hit after injury last season as he continued in the starting role less than healthy. Claims that he was healthy after week 10 are based on what? Turf toe can debilitate an athlete for months at a time and severely limit changes in direction, jumping, or accelerating. Simply because he could participate in drills does not mean he is in game shape. Pead and Richardson were part of the same rookie class so any "experience" advantage Richardson accumulated was due to him winning favor with the coaches and earning a spot in the rotation. If you want to be technical, Richardson has a 4.1 career YPC and his 3.1 YPC last season (with injury) was still better than Pead's 3.0 YPC.
I might be the only one willing to appreciate Richardson on this forum but I'm confident that he will be here next season even better than before.

scifiman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snead said before the draft that he definitely sees Richardson on the 2014-2015 final roster. Either way, I wish the best to both of these guys. In any case, Richardson's rushing numbers took a hit after injury last season as he continued in the starting role less than healthy. Claims that he was healthy after week 10 are based on what? Turf toe can debilitate an athlete for months at a time and severely limit changes in direction, jumping, or accelerating. Simply because he could participate in drills does not mean he is in game shape. Pead and Richardson were part of the same rookie class so any "experience" advantage Richardson accumulated was due to him winning favor with the coaches and earning a spot in the rotation. If you want to be technical, Richardson has a 4.1 career YPC and his 3.1 YPC last season (with injury) was still better than Pead's 3.0 YPC.
I might be the only one willing to appreciate Richardson on this forum but I'm confident that he will be here next season even better than before.
I hope you are right because he was pretty good his rookie year.