PREGAME On to the Crudinals....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
If Morris takes away Murray's quick short passing games and lets Ramsey take away his deep threat, it will be a very long night for Kyler. When he gets frustrated he forces throws and that is when the DBs need to capitalize on takeaways. If the Rams take away his quick throws the Rams have the pass rush to get to Kyler.

I'm hoping the pass rush of AD, Floyd, Gaines, and Miller is a Murray beater. Remember the Rams didn't have Gaines at NT and Miller at edge in the first game. Gaines can be a difference-maker in the middle. Miller will be important in contain and pressure. Jones is playing at a high level. In several different areas, the Rams are a better defense than what Murray faced in the first game.

With, Kupp, Jefferson, OBJ, Higbee, and Benny Sko the Rams are still very good with their receivers. Sony brings a toughness to the run game that will be tough for the Cards to consistently stop. Stafford is also a different QB. IMO Matt has learned from his errors and I think from here on out we will see the guy we know he can be.

All the Rams have to do is not give the game away with penalties and mistakes. If the Rams play clean they win this game going away because they have the talent to dominate this game.

McVay needs to stay with Sony in the run game and give Stafford quick options in the pass game. Most of all Morris has to tighten up the D and not back off like he has a tendency to do. Jump those routes within 10 yds and force Kyler to beat you deep. He's not going to have time for his slow developing plays.

Playing a clean game, executing on both sides of the ball and the Rams win this going away.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talent wise, we should win.

But after the primetime duds, Morris's defense not being able to cover and Stafford struggling....

Between that and living in the eastern time zone, having a new baby who wakes up and needing to work Tuesday morning.......questioning whether I should skip this game

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is is that I am tired of all of the online fellatio of the midget by NFL "experts." Time to kick their asses and put them in their place!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just have to contain Murray, plus hit him often. I concur with @oldnotdead the pass rush is key and not turning the ball over because the Cardinals have an upper echelon defense. Run the ball don't turn the ball over and let's see what happens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Defend the short pass, and play w/pressure. No easy completions.

Make them work for every yard. If they beat us deep, hats off to them... but play physical, Rams!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Starting to get stoked for this one.

Mixed feelings being a Monday Night game. It will be a late one and hard to wind down.
It seems likely to be a defining moment for this team. Rams can beat the Cards if they bring their A game on both sides of the ball and with their coaching.

Containing and pressuring Murray are essential. Patience, sustaining drives, and limiting turnovers. Give Michel a chance to help us win another game.

Not really a fan of Monday night games, but it starts at 3:15 for those of us who happen to be in Hawaii. Much smaller dent in the beach time than the regular Sunday game. And it will definitely be on TV and streaming, so I'll be able to watch it live.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Murray's time to throw is 2.81, which puts him pretty far down the list. Unless I'm mistaken, they don't do a ton of quick hitters and aren't really built for it, imo... and that should be good news. This should be a game for the Rams pass rush to eat and should be where we see Von Miller make an impact.

Gotta hit Murray. Just gotta.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need a turnover differential of 2+ to win this one. Let's get after em!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rochelle ruled out as well. Plus D Williams missed practice today with an illness, still waiting on covid test results. So there's a possibility he misses as well, and David Long has to start for us. Which will not be good.
Hard to imagine a worse scenario than No Williams or Rochell. Damn.
The need to grind the clock just jumped a notch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Injury Report 12/11: Brian Allen doubtful, Terrell Lewis and Dont'e Deayon questionable for Monday Night Football at Cardinals​

Dec 11, 2021 at 02:15 PM
Stu Jackson of the Los Angeles Rams headshot, Thursday, May 20, 2021, in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Jeff Lewis/LA Rams)

Stu Jackson

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Rams center Brian Allen (knee) is doubtful for Monday night's game against the Cardinals (5:15 p.m. pacific time, ESPN and ABC7), while outside linebacker Terrell Lewis (back) and cornerback Dont'e Deayon (illness) are also questionable for the contest.

"Obviously (would) love to be able to have Brian, but I think if anything, Coleman (Shelton) played the whole game last week, with the exception of the opening snap," Rams head coach Sean McVay said Saturday. "I thought he did an outstanding job, got great command, great poise, I thought he played tough in both phases. And so very competent in Coleman's ability to step in and lead the way up front."
For the Cardinals, defensive lineman Zach Kerr (ribs) has been ruled out for Monday night's contest, while offensive lineman Justin Pugh (calf) is considered questionable.

Below are the final injury reports for both teams:

1639267574608.png

1639267603890.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Deayon not going would suck. Hope he feels good enough by Monday night.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Injury Report 12/11: Brian Allen doubtful, Terrell Lewis and Dont'e Deayon questionable for Monday Night Football at Cardinals​

Dec 11, 2021 at 02:15 PM
Stu Jackson of the Los Angeles Rams headshot, Thursday, May 20, 2021, in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Jeff Lewis/LA Rams)

Stu Jackson

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Rams center Brian Allen (knee) is doubtful for Monday night's game against the Cardinals (5:15 p.m. pacific time, ESPN and ABC7), while outside linebacker Terrell Lewis (back) and cornerback Dont'e Deayon (illness) are also questionable for the contest.

"Obviously (would) love to be able to have Brian, but I think if anything, Coleman (Shelton) played the whole game last week, with the exception of the opening snap," Rams head coach Sean McVay said Saturday. "I thought he did an outstanding job, got great command, great poise, I thought he played tough in both phases. And so very competent in Coleman's ability to step in and lead the way up front."
For the Cardinals, defensive lineman Zach Kerr (ribs) has been ruled out for Monday night's contest, while offensive lineman Justin Pugh (calf) is considered questionable.

Below are the final injury reports for both teams:

View attachment 50200

View attachment 50201
Status Report 12/11/2021
some players injured, just means the Rams kick ass even harder

cub reporter LoyalRam

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll be there at the State Farm sardine can representing. Hoping our offense shows up strong. We're gonna need TOP and points. Run Sony into the ground if ya have to, Sean.

Oh and...just get the 5 yards.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Win conditions as I see them:

1. Feed Michel. If you rewatch the first half the Rams were gashing them on the ground. Once we got away from the run however the Cards teed it up on the rush. The Rams have an actual advantage vs the Cards defense in physicality on the ground and it's time to take advantage of it. I'm talking like 200 yards on the day type of advantage if they feed the big guy.

2. Force Field Goals. There's a lot to this one but the bottom line is the defense holding that offense to 3 is a win on a given drive. Basically as Fish would have said back in the day forcing three when they get to our side of the field is going to be crucial.

I think it's that simple. If the Rams do those two things they're going to win this game because the other shit will fall into place.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And by the way... The worst offender in the first half on defense for us was Long. Who sits the bench now for good reason. So that CB2 & 3 matchup performance is going to be really important in forcing those field goals.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Week 14 Preview: Rams look for balanced attack against Cardinals on Monday Night Football​

One of my favorite NFL games came in Week 16, 2018 when Los Angeles traveled to Arizona, trying to snap a two-game losing streak (and really, a three-game offensive funk following their bye). At 11-3, the division had been clinched weeks before, but the Rams had lost their way a bit. And complicating matters was the absence of running back Todd Gurley.

I recall watching the All-Pro pregame, as he tested a knee injury and was ultimately inactive. Then we all marveled as C.J. Anderson came off the street to rush for 167 yards and a touchdown in a 31-9 trouncing of the Cardinals.

It was a masterstroke by Sean McVay, executed to perfection by the offensive line and all those who contributed in the running game. And it felt like in that game plan were the seeds of what would also be a road-grading playoff win over the Dallas Cowboys (via 273 yards rushing) en route to an NFC Championship.

Last week's product – a bruising, mold-busting triumph over the lowly Jaguars – had a similar vibe. In it, the Rams seemed to forge a new identity.

For all the success they've had in empty, shotgun, 11-personnel looks in 2021, the game has changed. Their personnel is different following the losses of Robert Woods, Johnny Mundt , and most recently (temporarily) Darrell Henderson Jr..

Defenses have changed, in an effort to tamp down the video game numbers McVay and Matthew Stafford were achieving.

And so, perhaps a bit later than fans would have liked, the Rams offense changed as well.

Stepping into the lead role was a figure reminiscent of 2018 C.J. Anderson – Sony Michel. A professional chain-mover, he kept the Rams on schedule and the clock spinning in a wire-to-wire victory while running behind, at times, six offensive linemen and as many as three tight ends. Next thing we knew, the defense was performing to its prowess, the kicking game came alive, and the Rams were once again playing complementary football.

I can't predict whether or not McVay will deploy a similar approach on Monday in Glendale. And to be honest, I'm hardly a card-holding member of Team Establish The Run.

However, the Rams became a more difficult team to prepare for – and a more viable contender – by leveraging more of their depth chart and dictating terms with their physicality, something we advocated for in last week's column.

It was awesome to behold against a two-win opponent; time to see how it plays against a two-loss division leader.

Always Sony in Arizona

Michel's Week 4 fumble against the Cardinals is on the short list of plays the Rams would love to have back from this season. So I'm psyched for him that redemption against the Red Sea could be just hours away.

This week on Rams Revealed, I asked him if he can feel an opposing defense wearing down over the course of four quarters attempting to tackle him.

"Definitely," Michel answered. "When a team is struggling to stop the run, eventually you're going to break their will."

If that sounds a bit like an offensive lineman talking, you're on to something. Turns out, the 26-year-old started in the trenches in youth football and brings a bit of that mentality to the huddle.

Back-Two-Backs

Now that we've seen what it looks like with Michel in the lead role, I can't help but go all-in with the running back cliches, envisioning a "Thunder and Lightning" pairing with a healthy Henderson. In retrospect, maybe starting the game with body blows from Michel makes more sense, allowing Henderson to deliver the haymakers once that defense has been pummeled.

"I think those guys are really good complements of one another," McVay said on his show this week. "Getting Darrell back is going to make us better, and you talk about expanding on some of the personnel groupings? Hey, who's to say you can't have those guys in the game together at the same time? Those are creative things we're going to look to expand upon moving forward."

Playoff picture

Before we go too much further, let's refresh the playoff picture and the stakes for Monday Night Football.

With a win in Week 14, Arizona can punch a playoff ticket for the first time since 2015. They would then be able to clinch the NFC West with a win in any of their final four games, because they'd have any and all tiebreakers over Los Angeles. Therefore, Los Angeles would have to win out and Arizona lose out to prevent the Cardinals from capturing the West.

So for all intents and purposes, the Rams getting to 13-4 is the only path to the division title, home field advantage, and maybe even the NFC bye that could accompany it. Even winning out, they'd need a lot of help.

Putting that aside, though, the playoff picture looks very promising for the Rams going into the weekend, with their odds pegged somewhere between 89 and 92 percent. They don't need any assistance, but a Washington loss to Dallas and-or a San Francisco stumble in Cincinnati this weekend would further soften the NFC bubble and bolster their odds.

Get Off His Back

The only thing more nonsensical than "Quarterback Wins" as a statistic are "Quarterback Wins Against Opponents At Least Five Games Above .500."

But for the purposes of this week, I'll play along.

Per NFL Research, Stafford is 0-17 against opponents at least five games over .500. Sliced another way, he's 5-62 in his career (including playoffs) against teams that would go on to win 10-plus games that season. And to drill down one more layer and really beleaguer the point, Stafford is 0-9 in his career (including playoffs) versus opponents with 10-or-more wins entering the matchup.

Turns out, when you're on bad teams, things tend not to break your way against great opponents.

The Rams aren't bad, but the Cardinals are really good. This would be a nice statement for Stafford to silence some naysayers.

(P.S. Do you remember when he passed for 343 yards, four touchdowns and zero turnovers against the defending Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Pretty sure the Bucs are winning 10 this season…)

Bring the Blitz

Here's an interesting tidbit from Next Gen Stats: The Cardinals blitz on 35% of dropbacks, the fourth-highest rate in the NFL.

Stafford's 142.8 passer rating against blitzes this season is the highest by any qualified quarterback in the Next Gen Stats era (since 2016). In fact, all nine of Stafford's interceptions in 2021 have been versus four-or-fewer rushers, as was the strip sack he took against Green Bay in Week 12.

So I guess the moral of the story would be, "Bring it?"

Kupp Half Full

If your season-low performance is five receptions for 64 yards, you must be having an incredible year – and Cooper Kupp certainly is.

Kudos to the Cardinals for keeping the potential Offensive Player of the Year in check back in Week 4. Ever since, he's been busy re-writing the Rams and NFL record books.

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I mentioned this before last week's win, but it bears repeating, because the Rams are overdue.

They've yet to score a non-offensive touchdown. Perhaps we can type it into existence.

Similar story last year – nothing doing until Week 12. Then, the defense exploded for four touchdowns before season's end, plus a Darious Williams pick-six in the Wild Card win at Seattle.

So for the love of Troy Hill, let this be the week.

The Big (Whit) Four-Oh

Lastly, wishing Andrew Whitworth a very happy 40th birthday weekend. Here's to a win in the desert to cap it off.